Old 04-20-2006, 04:38 PM   #191
bethanykf

S/C/G: 220/180/130

Smile Newbie

Screen Name:
bethanykf

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:
I have been married since November 7, 2003. We do not have any children yet, but I am looking forward to starting a family once we are both more healthy.

Assistant Manager at an independent video store.

Hobbies and Interests:
Listening to music, reading, writing, playing video games.

Favorite Music:
Lots- Spookey Ruben, Rufus Wainwright, Hawksley Workman, Tori Amos, Howie Day, Imogen Heap, Loudon Wainwright, Martha Wainwright, Transilience, Andrew Bird... I don't like most stuff that is on the radio or MTV, no country and no rap...

Favorite Color(s):
red, green, burgundy

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
The ones that are video games keep me most interested--- Eyetoy Kinetic, Eyetoy Groove (not technically a workout game, but I sweat more doing that than many other workouts. Also Yourself!Fitness.

What are your fitness/health goals?
I want to get down to 130 pounds or so... Depends on how I look, I don't want to be too bony. I would like to be able to run or jog without feeling ridiculous and when I have children I would like to be able to keep up with them (as much as one can ).

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
Well originally it was when I was talking to my mom on the phone... She was a little tipsy and when I told her I wore a size large shirt she kept insisting that I must be at least a 2X. Within the week I had decided to make some changes. I was 220 pounds at 5'3" and a smoker. I was always exhausted and I always felt sick. My current effort was triggered by the fact that I am now 180 pounds when I had gotten down to 154 on my original effort. The holidays came around and I decided to give myself a break, but the break never ended. My clothes are starting to feel tight again... Also I am taking a trip to Vegas next weekend and last night I saw myself in a bathing suit... haha.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
The all or nothing mentality... One little splurge turns into a day of binging.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1. That all or nothing mentality that I mentioned above.
2. Negative thoughts bout myself that help nothing.
3. Choosing one approach and sticking with it. I think that I have read too much about dieting each approach sounds good to me so I keep on changing what I am doing even if the current approach is working.... I am fairly new to dieting (October 2004 I started), but I have tried slimfast, atkins, nutrisystem, trimspa, calorie counting, etc.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?
Myself-now. I don't really have anyone to compete with or try to be better than other than me because I don't have much of a social life. lol

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
A bathing suit... shorts... Basically summertime clothing is a real struggle for me.