Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-07-2006, 11:30 PM   #46  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciet
Misty-I used to live in Bothell, right on the bothell/Mill Creek line.
Oh wow, that is exactly where I live! I am going to PM you with more details.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:14 AM   #47  

Aphil,

I just watched the movie "As Good As It Gets". Not bad!! I sure hope I don't act like that though! That would/could explain some things though!
TMunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:51 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

No, I don't act like that, either...but there are some bits on the show Monk where I can REALLY relate...how scary is that?
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:25 PM   #49  

Aphil - I will have to see Monk sometime too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have good news!!!

I just spoke with the lady who I would like to do counseling with. She is in my doctors office building. She works on a sliding scale - based on income. So I can go for $10.00 a visit!! That is so much better then $100.00 plus a visit! Anyway, I asked her if it would be healthy to take my moms agreement (I had to agree to let them take my kids out of state to visit if they payed for my counseling) and she said it was not! It would make for even more problems in the future! So she told me she could do it for $10.00 for us!!! And if the weather is bad and I can't make my appointment I could call and cancel or she would do the appointment over the phone! Which would eat my minutes (cell phone only) but I think that is awesome either way!

Anyway - my first appointment is Monday April, 17th. at 3 pm cst!! I am so excited to get started!! I can't wait to get my head cleared and stuff.

Thank you ALL so much again for all of your help and support!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 08:01 PM   #50  

Exclamation Wahoooo..... This Is Awesome! 1st. Appt. With Counselor!!

Well... I am on cloud 9 now! Today was my first visit to see the counselor! It was awesome! It was as if she new me my whole life! And she didn't know half of it! She is awesome! She figured this out... and it makes a lot of since... with my fears it appears that I am afraid of losing everything, being trapped and not being in control! Which makes total since! Everything she said was just awesome! She is wonderful! I am going to make another appointment with her for next week. I can't wait. My homework for this week is when it rains and storms (which it is supposed to do on Wednesday and Thursday) I have to take notes on how I am feeling and thinking and everything. Then I bring them with me when I meet up with her. She told me to take my xanax everyday as the doctor told me to! And then next week we will discuss how it has been for me and we can work on something different or get me more of those. Or what have you. I really think this is a BIG step in the right direction!

Thanks so much for dealing with me and helping me through this! I sure do appreciate it.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:27 PM   #51  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

Hi tracy sounds to me this woman knows what she is talking about. Sounds very close to what I'm going through with my anxiety and depression.
good luck
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:06 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepansy912
Hi tracy sounds to me this woman knows what she is talking about. Sounds very close to what I'm going through with my anxiety and depression.
good luck
Thanks! I am still on top of the world. But she called me today (to make confirm the appt. time I set up on her voice mail system) but also to see how I was doing. She is really awesome! I can't wait till next week! I will see her Monday morning... weather permitting. She is very understanding about that. I just seen your email in my mailbox... I will try to reply tonight. But the meds make me tired.. so it might be tomorrow. But I will reply as soon as I can.