Old 04-17-2006, 08:34 AM   #1  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Wink ~HOT MAMA ON MOTHER'S DAY MAY 14th~

May 14th is the day, what is your goal?? (That's approx. 4 weeks)

What will you do different in this challenge that you haven't done in the others??

Are you ready for shorts, to go more places with your family and to feel fabulous?!

post your daily menus here

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!!
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:38 AM   #2  
250/ticker/160

My goal is 156

What I am doing different is drinking more water, exercising more and putting more positive talk into my life. There really is NO reason for the negative talk that I give myself, therefore I will make no room for it.

b: egg
l: 1/2 an orange and a salad
s: hamburger and green beans
Old 04-17-2006, 08:39 AM   #3  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

I would like to be at 170. That would be great! I am planning on exercising more on the weekends now that it is getting nicer outside I plan to be outside walking lots more. Ready for shorts? If I have to be - can't say I will be tucking in any shirts quite yet. Swimsuits? Oh lord help me I don't even want to think about it. I do my tummy tape EVERY day and I swear it is not changing, very frustrated with it.

b: 2 cups fruit and a granola bar
s: 1 c yogurt
l: salad with carrots & 15 peanuts
s: cheese sticks (2)
d: 3 oz steak, 1/2 small potato & broccoli
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:34 PM   #4  
Going to ONEderland

I think I should sit this one out. Right now I'm fasting, I'm not sure how much longer I'll be doing this, and I'm not sure how much weight I will regain afterwards. I can't set any reasonable goals for this reason. Anything I say I'm sure will be way too low (or maybe not low enough if I lose much more on my fast).

So I may come back and join this challenge after I've gone off my fast and after I have gained back whatever portion of it is planning to come back on.

I have a note in my day planner that says I want to be at 218 by my anniversary which is May 20th, but even that I'm not sure I can make.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

11 pounds in 4 weeks.
I'm going to try at least an hour of exercise every day in the morning before I eat. Have read that it is more effective, so going to do my own little science experiment and give it a try.
I will also drink 2.5 liters of water everyday. I have a glass that is .5 liter so just 5 of those a day.

Today's menu:
Brunch 4 sausages.
Snack: walnuts
Supper: 1 pork chop, salad and green beans
3 cups coffee total with sweetner and half and half.
Morning exercise : 1.5 hours mowing
This evening I will try for my calenetics (body shaping)dvd.
Ready for our family to get season passs to Six Flags again and I do have a couple of pairs of shorts I might wear this year instead of just capris.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:51 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My goal is to lose down to 154 by Mother's Day. That is 4 lb.'s for me. I am losing very slow now, so hope I can do it. BF (2)scrambled eggs with 3 slices of bacon Lunch (2) slices thin roast beef with 1 string cheese dinner (1)grilled chicken breast, green beans and cottage cheese snack strawberries with splenda and whipped topping
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:39 AM   #7  
250/ticker/160

today's plan:

b: strawberries
l: taco salad
s: hamburger
Old 04-18-2006, 09:22 AM   #8  

well...I'm late, but hope I can still join. I didn't make my Easter Dress challenge,but I still feel good because I stayed on plan the ENTIRE time. I think my goal will be to lose 6 pounds by Mom's day. And I may try a fat fast to get there. I NEED at least 10 pounds a month to make my 30 lb goal by July 17th.

SO....here goes.

B: slim fast low carb bar....bad choice I know, but at least it wasn't a poptart
L: chicken & brocolli
D: cheeseburger, salad.

Oh...I almost forgot. I may be eating a lot of cheeseburgers, I'm trying to stay on my grocery budget. Have I mentioned lately that I HATE budgets.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:41 PM   #9  

Morning:
Jackie: Are the slimfast low carb bars any good? I have thought about either doing a bar or a shake for supper to try to speed weight loss. I think I would like the bars better because you actually get to chew it. Anyway just a question.
Exercised again before breakfast. Yesterday I amy have overdone it a bit on exercise cause my muscles are retaining water but at least the lawn is mowed. Found out later that we hit a record high of 101 yesterday. I never got too hot or even out of breath so my fitness level has gotten much better.
Anyway, I started with a small serving of barbacoa(Mexican barbeque) and a small amount of grilled onions and tomatoes, then 3 hours later 4 sausages.
I plan to have a burger patty later and some walnuts. And a big salad, no dressing. Trying to keep the carbs really low and see wher that gets me this week. Walked 30 minutes this morning followed by 10 minutes weight training for the arms. Will get some yard work done later to add some activity in for my afternoon.
Jackie: I have heard that alot of people try different types of fasts to get the weight moving again. There is an egg fast, meat fast, an egg and meat fast, grilled chicken breast fast and tuna fast.
I have done just a meat fast in the past and though you get really tired of meat, it works well. Just trying to give you some option. The fat fast sounds so hard to do for me.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:25 PM   #10  
250/ticker/160

I'm so proud of you girls!! I'm interested in the taste of the slim fast bars too!

I bought some Atkins cookie dough bars and ate the whole box in one evening so that was the last time I bought those little guys!!

Lace
Old 04-18-2006, 04:43 PM   #11  

so the Atkins cookie dough bars are good.
Anyone know of any others?

I worked at my husband's family restaurant until January when it burned (after 37 years in business). They will be reopening next month and really need something low calorie/low carb at night that is quick to just grab. I know the first couple of weeks will be wild. Will be great to get back to work though. And it is Mexican food. yummmm
Old 04-18-2006, 06:44 PM   #12  

The slim fast bars I bought were ok. They weren't as good as some of the ATkins I have bought. The Atkins Choc. chip granola bars are to die for. I LOVE them. Wal-Mart had them on clearance for $0.25 a pc a couple weeks ago. I bought like 8 of them. They are gone. But I figure if I have the bars around my house I won't be tempted by pop-tarts, granola bars, etc. that I have around for the kids.
I like the Atkins brownie caramel bars too.

Hey lacey....been there done that with the Atkins bars. Been a while, but yep I ate the whole box in one day.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

Hello, everyone
Can i join. I would love to be in on the challenge. I am a newbie here on this forum. I am now at 156 lbs. My goal is to lose 10 lbs by Mothers Day. That will make me 146. I had'nt seen that in a while.
I will check back in tomorrow. Got to feed the family.
Candy
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:38 AM   #14  

Welcome, Candy!

Thanks for the info on the bars ya'll.
Cutting back on the coffee today. Hoping it helps some. The scale was kinder this morning and said 188.2.
Breakfast was 4 sausages
Lunch I'm going out with my dad so will see what there is to choose from
Supper Dreamfields spagetti with a sauce extra heavy on the meat.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:01 PM   #15  

Lunch was at Dairy Queen.....
a grilled chicken salad (had crisp bacon in it too) I ate all the meat, all the lettuce, most of the tomatos and left quite a bit of the cheese. No dressing.
It was very good. Got my veggies in for the day.