Old 04-18-2006, 01:03 AM   #1  
Going to ONEderland

Default Ending my fast

Well today I decided it was time to end it. I didn't feel as good at work as I usually do, so I decided it was time.

Right now my stomach feels rather heavy, I think there was too much salt in the V8 juice I drank. I should go get some water to water it down with. I wanted some salt though. I think I needed some. Maybe not that much.

I lost 15 pounds on it, got back to my 50 pounds off mark, and so I feel satisfied with that. I just had to do something to break through that 240's area. Every time I kept trying I kept getting close and then going up again. I'm hoping that now I will feel a little more in control of my eating and I'm going to try and eat only natural foods for awhile. Of course we can always modify what we think of as "natural". So much of our food supply is tainted with chemicals it is hard to buy anything totally natural. Unless you just start with the most basic things or buy organic.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:13 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

I just read a review for a book you might be interested in called Real Food, and it is coming out next month. It is about a woman that quit all of her diets and went on a totally unprocessed food diet like the one she ate while growing up on a farm, and she lost weight and regained her health. It sounds very interesting!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:28 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Not sure if we have a lot of organic foods here. So our choices would be limited.
Do you think some natural/organic would be better than none?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:41 AM   #4  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Awesome job losing the weight!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

For those of us that missed it,could you tell us a bit about your fast,.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:23 AM   #6  

Good job Sherry. I think you were sensible about it. I hope your weight stays off. You did fabulous!!!
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:30 AM   #7  
Going to ONEderland

Thanks guys. Where I live they sell "organic" veggys as opposed to what? Those they use pesticides on? They cost more than the others, don't necessarily look any different, but a woman I know who is trying to cure her cancer eats only that type, so I'm sure there are some benefits.

I guess anything you grow in your own garden is more organic than what you buy in a store, and too there is a lot of controversy about what can be called organic and what can't.

I doubt if I'll go that far. I just meant natural grown foods vegetables mainly maybe some dairy. As I get back into Atkins some meats. I'm not yet ready to eat meat, it doesn't appeal to me yet.

For you Fitbyforty, I started last Monday doing just a water fast. Since I had been on Atkins, I didn't have a very difficult transition period. Maybe a tiny bit of a slight headache while slipping deeper into ketosis, not bad at all. By the second day I didn't feel like I needed any food. I was trying to get thin enough to wear a dress on Wednesday. Was originally only planning for a 2 day fast, but felt so good that I decided to continue. I drank water only. My husband had lost his job on Monday and that caused me a bit of anxiety, but I spent some time in prayer and with the additional feel good hormones you seem to have during a fast, I felt hopeful and not at all stressed about it for the rest of the time. I suppose I might contribute that to several factors, but I think the fasting helped.

My husband was cooking during this time.

I went until Saturday evening fasting without any deviations. Then Saturday I fixed food for guests, and that was difficult. But not that hard. Until Saturday evening when they had left some quacamole dip that they hadn't finished in the living room. The avocados looked good and I had some of them. My husband was worried and wanted me to eat dinner. I had fixed pot roast with carrots and potatoes. I had half a potato, some carrots, and I took some meat, but didn't want it. Ate only a tiny bit.

Sunday I went back to my fast, Monday I went through the whole day at work, and at one point didn't feel as good as I wanted to, so decided it was time to end the fast.

On Monday last week I weighed 245, on Sunday morning I weighed 230, this morning it is 231.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:00 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Good job on the weight loss and I am glad you were sensible about the fast and stopped it when you began to feel poorly. I have never fasted and don't think I could do it.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:52 PM   #9  
TemporaryFatChick

Side note on ORGANIC -
I do think organically grown foods are better, and I would eat all organic if I could afford it. I have been an organic gardener for 20 years, and because it's easier, more cost effective, and I get better, stronger, healthier plants, I would never do it any other way.

There are very strict laws regarding the label "Organic". For veggies to be sold that way, no pesticides or chemical fertilizers can be used on the crop, and there can be no residuals in the soil that it was grown in. For meat to be organic, no growth hormones, anti-biotics (ordinarily, animals are given anti-biotics as a matter of course, not because they're ill and need them), etc. can be used, and their are strict guidelines on the feed they can eat.

I'm glad you are breaking your fast, it was worrying me a bit.

Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 335/305/150ish

Very Good sherry
Good amount to lose too
sandi
Sandi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:25 AM   #11  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

I'm glad that you've ended it. I'm sure your family is relieved.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:42 AM   #12  
The Beauty of Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC
I just read a review for a book you might be interested in called Real Food, and it is coming out next month. It is about a woman that quit all of her diets and went on a totally unprocessed food diet like the one she ate while growing up on a farm, and she lost weight and regained her health. It sounds very interesting!

Thanks Jennifer. I'll be looking for the book. Barnes and Nobels is suddenly getting a lot of my $$. Thin for Life this month.. 3FC and Real Food next month.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:50 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC
Hi Jennifer - Hope you see this. Can you give the name of the author? I'd love to pick this up! Sounds great.

My brother and his wife are very much the same. They eat all organic, natural, unprocessed foods. They are also vegetarian but that's because they are meditation teachers and feel it's more condusive to their practice, by keeping a clear mind. I so wish I could become like them (though I would eat meat) but i'm affraid to change diets and undo any of the work. *sigh* Maybe the book would help...
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:04 PM   #14  
The Beauty of Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falon
Hi Jennifer - Hope you see this. Can you give the name of the author? I'd love to pick this up! Sounds great.
I did a search in Amazon and found the author. Nina Planck. I am assuming this is it as it says the book will be released June 13, 2006.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:10 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde
I did a search in Amazon and found the author. Nina Planck. I am assuming this is it as it says the book will be released June 13, 2006.

Thganks Jayde. That helps a lot. I found several books on the same topic, but couldn't figure the right one out.
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote