Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-15-2006, 11:38 PM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Urban Rebounder

Any comments? I'm curious how this program does. Suzanne has a Pilates rack that has a rebounder on it, and it really seems to work on the abs and burn the calories.

Also, how high do you jump? It sounds like you are supposed to go low. Would low ceilings be dangerous?
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:29 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

What the hoodle doo is an Urban Rebounder?
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:22 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

A personal trampoline thingy.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:47 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Aaaah, I see. Love the name...
notice how I bumped this up for you?
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

yes, I have it and yes it's a great way to do cardio without hurting your knees. it's harder than it looks and I always use the stability bar. I've had it for a year, (bought it from HSN best price), it's well made and FUNl, it's not in the exercise graveyard after a year.

it's the best way i've found to get my HR up without beating up my 40+ body.

However, i hate the tapes...I use my own music, more fun.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:05 PM   #6  

I love rebounding, you don't jump so much as bounce. It is really great for your body, gets your heart rate up, and is a lot of fun. Urban rebounding has some videos that are really good, I love the later compilations (3 and 4) Fitprime's G-Force is a fantastic video. A lot of people like the reboundAIR and the needek better than the Urban rebounder but I believe it is the cheapest and the smallest. It is fun to just dance on one after you know some of the moves you can do and it doesn't hurt your knees.
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:20 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I love rebounding too...and apparently, its really good for your lymphatic system? Or so I've been told. Its also quiet enough to do while watching TV, so I can do it without even noticing (a major benefit for me - using tapes, etc. gets boring for me, so I watch the tape one or two times to get an idea of what to do, then move to watching something I enjoy while I bounce away).
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:02 PM   #8  
WW Moderator

Thanks Ellis, I'll repay the favor.

Rebounding ladies - how high do you go? I am interested in doing this in a room with low ceilings. Could be bad!
Old 04-17-2006, 11:10 PM   #9  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC
Thanks Ellis, I'll repay the favor.

Chicks, how high do you go? I am interested in doing this in a room with low ceilings. Could be bad!

I am following this thread carefully. I have a large trampoline outside and always wondered about these indoor rebounders.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:18 PM   #10  
Moderating Mama

My rebounder sits about 9 inches off the ground - I'm 5'8", with standard ceilings, and don't come anywhere CLOSE to my ceiling. You don't bounce very high. Its mostly like jogging for me, I'll go maybe 6 inches max off of the top of the rebounder. If you're worried, just jog on it rather than jumping up and down - same benefits, less height.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:23 PM   #11  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82
My rebounder sits about 9 inches off the ground - I'm 5'8", with standard ceilings, and don't come anywhere CLOSE to my ceiling. You don't bounce very high. Its mostly like jogging for me, I'll go maybe 6 inches max off of the top of the rebounder. If you're worried, just jog on it rather than jumping up and down - same benefits, less height.
You jog on it?! Wow.
I hope you don't think this is a stupid question but can you safely jump rope on one of these things? I am thinking no because the diameter of the rebounder is so small compared to a regular trampoline.

I love jump roping on my trampoline.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:30 PM   #12  
WW Moderator

I guess my next question should be what is everybody's brand, and do you recommend it?
Old 04-18-2006, 06:03 PM   #13  
Moderating Mama

My mom has an urban rebounder, and she really likes it. I picked up mine at Big 5 - exocera, I think, is the brand - and it has really good resistance.

Jogging on it is hard, but its a really good workout, and you can alternate sprints with slower pace, which I like.

If you think you might be a bit unstable on it, get one with a stability bar, so you can bounce away without falling down.

Amanda
Old 04-18-2006, 09:23 PM   #14  

I just recently purchased my Urban Rebounder system at a garage sale for $40.00. I worked out on it today and I enjoyed it. I am 250 lbs and I felt very safe on it. I have a condo on the third floor and no one has complained. I noticed that my feet and ankle bothered me a little while working out. I think it could be that I need to get used to bouncing. I will continue to work out on it. Any advice regarding my feet and ankle would be appreciated.
fost40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:19 AM   #15  

I have a Needak rebounder. I paid over 200 dollars for it about 5 years ago. I only started to use it in earnest about a year ago. I really enjoy it. I believe it's worth the money to buy a quality rebounder. I also have a cheapo one that I bought before this one so I could see if I enjoyed that type of exercise. I can definitely tell the difference between the cheap one and the pricey one.
lipidful is offline   Reply With Quote