Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 01:29 PM   #1  

Default #137- Trick or treat?

Thought it was time for a new thread since we reached over 30 post on the last one- I'll be back in a moment with my post....

I survived eating radioactive scrabled eggs for one of my stomach test this week. It is not bad enough that they mix them with something that is so radioactive that if it is spilled they have to call the hospital haz mat team to clean it up but they also microwave the eggs in a styrofoam bowl- YUCK! I was only able to eat about 40% of the eggs- and that took a lot of effort and deep breathing. Now I have to wait until November 15th to get the results of that and another test they did.

I have lost a couple of more pounds this month- I had problems with my feeding tube and couldn't get all my formula and water in for nearly a week. It is still hard for me to not to feel guilty about trying to maintain my weight right now even though that is what my doctor wants me to do right now. I still try to eat a bite or two sometimes- I don't know why I do it except to check to see if my stomach is going to cooperate yet- which it hasn't. The worst had to be when I had to be off the feeding tube over 12 hours for testing and was so thristy but when I tried to drink I got sick- that is the closest feeling I have had to being hungry in months. It was torture to not be able to deal with the thrist at all.

Jen- let's all hope that Drake let's you get some much needed sleep soon. I am sure he is sweet little angel

Sandi- I use to have to shake things up once in awhile to get back on program- either try some new exercise or new OP friendly food or journally/tracking serving sizes to the extreme to get back on track.

Jennifer- I am off this semester and hope to return to university in January even if it is only one class.

Spartanmom- GO GREEN! I miss being on campus all the time this semester- my dept still considers me a student even though I am not taking any credits this term- they have been great about everything I have been through in the past 2 years.

Tamara- congrats on your soon to be new addition!

Hi to everyone else!

Take care,
Christine

Last edited by christineu; 10-26-2001 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-26-2001, 08:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 380/262/180

Christine! Your on campus? Do you live in East Lansing? I'm in Holt! We should get to know each other better and meet someday!

Talk to you soon,

Michelle
Old 10-27-2001, 08:25 AM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. Drake almost slept the night through. He was making his wake up noises at 4am so I got him up to eat but then he went right back to sleep and took 2 oz while sleeping so he might have slept through or went back to sleep if I hadn't gotten him up. Well we'll see what happens tonight.

I'm down 1 lbs, only 9 more pregnancy lbs to go!

I had a picture of the baby scanned in but our hard drive crashed and we lost everything and I haven't scanned it back as the DH has not reinstalled the scanner software. I'll post a pic when he gets everything sorted out.

Christine - you have really been through the wringer with all this yet you keep up such a positive attitude. It is such a motivator for the rest of us! keep on smiling.

Take care all, have a nice weekend.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:41 AM   #4  

WOW..where is everyone?????

I am doing pretty good, think I finally got my emotional and stress related out of control eating under control again. And boy, it feels good! TOM arrived this morning, so am sure I will not have a loss this week. I am chuggung water already..I am determined.

We have 2 months before 2001 ends, and baby, I want to look good in that black dress I plan on wearing. (still need a date, plans and a dress, but am planning! lol)

Hope everyone is doing well and smiling...staying away from the Halloween candy is going to be a battle.
Old 10-29-2001, 12:12 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I had a rough last week trying to stay OP! but i think i got all the carbs out of my system, except that i have to make choc chip cookies today!! and the litle guy had his birthday today he is 6 and we celebrated yesterday and saturday and friday so i guess i have had enough!!! and i have eaten enough kfc to make me puke soo... there i s noreason for me to go off!!! i must remember to take my chromium.

Jenniffer i am so glad that you are back and right up there. from experience the weight that you have gained wills tart to drop faswst after about a week, so it will move!!!

christine i am holding out for you. i know that it willget better, i really do admire you for your tenanicity. I could not imangine the docs teling em to hold my weight, and not being secretly happy if i had dropped!!! LOL

Jen hope that you can get your sleep soon. great job on the weight loss so far!!! you are almost there!!
Old 10-29-2001, 06:10 PM   #6  

Michelle- I live towards Grand Rapids so I have about a 30-40 minute commute to campus. I am not there much this semester since I am not taking classes due to medical reasons. Hopefully soon I will be able to start doing more and getting out of my house other then for doctor appt and test.

Jen- See, all our good thoughts about Drake sleeping through the night are helping! Enjoy your sleep

Jennifer- I still have holloween candy from last year- along with Candbury chocolate cookies from Christmas. Guess that helps show how bad my stomach problem has been-lol. There was a time when anything chocolate (other then unsweetened baking chocolate) was not safe in my house. Of course with it being TOM for me now I am trying to figure out if I can use chocolate feeding tube formula

nasus: I am having a tough time with my weight this week- I am down 5 pounds from having a bad couple of weeks with my stomach and the feeding tube- and this is during TOM for me so I may have even lost more by the time I see my GI doc in November. I know if I am not careful they will increase my calories and my rational side knows that...but the other side of me says there is no way I am going to work at gaining back weight I have lost. Maybe I will wear a heavy sweater that day and clunky shoes...think that will help?

Where is everyone else?...not getting into the Halloween Candy, are you?

Christine

Old 10-30-2001, 08:35 AM   #7  

Wink G'morning!

Heyyy there chickies!

Good morning to everyone. It's been a week since I went to the doctor and I haven't lost anything. I'm ok with that though, I'm in this weird transition phase where I'm very slowly making better food choices. I think I'm going to be able to relate to the Tortoise and the Hare story.

Christine, I'm sorry to hear your having medical troubles. Grand Rapids is a nice place... I have family in Grand Haven, which isn't too far away.

Susan, those carbs get me everytime too. My mouth waters just thinking about breads, pastas, etc. Trying to pick the "right" ones isn't always fun, but it's worth it in the long run.

Jennifer, wtg on conquering the emotional piece of it! It's always going to be a challenge, but I know what you mean when you say it's under control. Isn't it a great feeling???

Jen, when my daughter started sleeping through the night I remember how much better I started feeling. Getting up at the wee hours can sure wipe the energy out of ya!

And a "hiya" to everyone else.

Something really scared me yesterday. I was sitting here in my office after I ate my packed lunch (which was pretty healthy and filling) and then I smelled the aroma of italian food from accross the hall. The conference that was going on had lasanga, spahgetti, pasta primavera, tortallini, garlic bread and homemade peanut butter cups (this is pretty common, they had it just last week also). Well, typically when there is a conference, we get called over there to eat the leftovers. It was about 1:00, my lunch had been in my tummy for an hour and the smells were unbelievably strong.

I swear I started shaking because I wanted to pig out on it soooo bad. I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing, alls I could think about was food.

Well, it turns out there weren't any leftovers. I was so dissappointed and yet so relieved at the same time. But what scared me was my reaction- I felt like the concept of food was literally taking 100% over me. Anyone else ever go through this? I'm not talking about regular cravings, it seemed much weirder then that!

OK, sorry to ramble. I figured if I typed out how I was feeling that I coudl reread through it and try to figure it out.

Have a good OP day chickies... see ya's later!

Michelle
Old 10-30-2001, 09:56 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone..how are you? Did everyone leave town and not tell me? Seems awfully quite in here..don't force me to let the dogs out to drag you all back in here. LOL

I am doing pretty good. Was okay yesterday food wise, TOM is here, so of course am fighting like nuts to stay sane. I feel like poops..so hopefully TOM will leave real soon. Really really soon

Spartanmom..Patience my dear, patience. Your body is going through alot of changes right now..don't worry, your hard work will catch up with you. Believe me, I completely understand the shakes and the mouth watering..it really gets bad sometimes. There were no leftovers...woohoo! You didn't have to fight yourself for long.

christine..Candy from last year and Christmas? Oh wow...that sure is a long time. Chocolate through the feeding tube? You poor thing.

nasus..Chocolate Chip cookies!!!!! Be brave, be strong, be good!!!!! I can't even think about baking right now..I'd be a mess! You can do this..
Old 10-30-2001, 05:19 PM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hello Everyone!!!

Well, I have yet to get back OP. Not doing horrible, but I am not on track. I have faith that something will kick my butt into gear soon. I ordered the "Belly Dancing" video today and borrowed some step videos from a friend, so I am thinking about getting back on track.

Jennifer - we're still here. We still love you!! Nice puppies!!

Michelle - Obsessed with food - Hmmmmm - yes I can relate. Sometime when a craving takes over, it's all I can do. I'm so glad there were no leftovers!! Hang in there and be patient. Your hard work will pay off.

christineu - No halloween candy for me!! I bought tootsie pops and blow pops, things I know I won't eat. I'm thinking that maybe your right, I need to do something new to get me on track.

nasus40 - So...did you resist the cookies? There is no way I could have. Cookies are my TOTAL weekness. That and brownies...with powdered sugar....OH, hi, I'm back, just daydreaming there.

Jen - Way to go on the pregnancy weight!! Keep it up!! Sleeping through the night is such a magical thing!! Get us a pic as soon as you can!
Old 10-30-2001, 05:26 PM   #10  

Sandi-

If you are having a hard time without brownies look under the WW Dessert thread here at 3FC. I posted a brownie and/or chocolate muffin recipe awhile back that was nearly fat free and pretty low cal too.

Boy do I miss baking- especially coming up with new recipes that are healthy and taste good. It is a shame that I have a house with a big kitchen and have all the fun kitchen toys (Kitchen Aid mixer, cake decorating equipment, tons of different cake pans, cook book collection, etc) and now I can't enjoy cooking and baking any more with this stomach problem. I even tried making cheese spread the other day for my mom and the garlic and onion smell overcame me so bad that I could not even finish mixing it for her....good thing I don' t have any kids to cook for or they would starve.

Christine
Old 10-30-2001, 08:00 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Sandi i did manage to not eat the cookies. I did great How did you know that i baked brownies last night too??? I did not put powdered sugar on them though. my little boyscouts made them and ate almost all of them!!!

I am right back Op and going strong!!!

christine how horrible it is to have such ability and not be able to cook!!! hey i have an idea throw your keys and spare change in your pant pocket!!! I can understand your frusteraton, but you do need to keep what weight you have it is important now for your strenght, nutrition, as well as keeping your body out of the starvation mode. the docs need to know that you can absorbe the nutrients that is required, becasue if it can't then some thing else needs to be done and i am sure that you have had enough done at this time!!! so for now as much as it it against what you have been thinking for years, hold on!!! as soon as you are healthy then you can join the rest of us trugling to lose weight!!
Old 10-31-2001, 11:27 AM   #12  

Talking

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Old 11-01-2001, 07:25 AM   #13  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi all, just a quick post to check in and then I am heading back to bed. The good news is that Drake is getting to bed by 11pm, the bad news is that he still isn't sleeping the night through. I'd be happy with even 5 hours straight, that would be just lovely! Oh well, it will come soon enough.

Still getting out for my daily walks which is good and my diet isn't too bad, I'm keeping away from a lot of junk anyway. I just feel like I'm too busy to eat sometimes. Either that or too tired!

We weren't home to give out candy last night, my DH had to pick up his tux for his sister's wedding on Saturday, he is giving her away as their mom and day are being real idiots and not attending. It is a big long tragic soap opera. Mostly it is a real shame that they are behaving like this and I am certain that they are going to regret it down the road. I didn't care for my in-laws to begin with and now this just reinforces my low opinion of them.

I can't believe it already November, wasn't it just yesterday that we were complaining about the heat and humidity? How did everyone do on their Halloween goals? I didn't do very well but I accomplished at least one of my goals so that is a start.

Well that's it for me, I'm off to bed til the baby wakes me up for his next bottle. Take care all.
Old 11-01-2001, 02:30 PM   #14  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Ok, now I'm just mad. I just spent $15.00 on a CD for Jacob. It's called sugar pie, honey bunch and it's all mowtown music. Can't help myself, Ain't no mountain high enough, etc. I thought it would be great to sing along to with him. I thought I give a listen here at work. IT"S INSTRUMENTAL!!!!! Grrrrrr!!!! I am soooooo mad! $15.00 and now it's as good as a coster for me!! Ok, just had to get that out of my system!

Decided to get back OP today. It hasn't been easy, but I am trying. I got on the scale today and I am up a few (ok, 7 but who is counting). So as usual, now I have to spend the next couple of weeks working my butt off just to get where I was. But one day at a time right girls!!!

Gbo - I think of you often. You said in one of the other posts that for the past 10 weeks, you have been OP each and every day. That is just amazing. Congratulations!!! Just the thought that you have done that makes me think I can do this too!! Thanks for the motivation.

Jen - Did you dress Drake up at all? Sorry to hear that the "in-laws" are behaving so poorly. Doesn't it just amaze you sometimes how some people behave. And I agree, they will regret it one day. Hope you got some ZZZZ's. Hey do want a instrumental CD???? (I'm not kidding!!)

nasus40 - You are a stronger woman than I. I did buy some "no-pudge" brownies, so we'll see if they are any good.

christineu - I think that I printed your recipe before. I'll take a look.

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!
Closed Thread