Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 04:57 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Default 300+ and Ready To Try Again...#101

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
Old 10-24-2001, 05:03 PM   #2  

If anyone did not read the last thread (100) be sure to go back and read the second page too. We were discussing BUTT KICKING. LOL

Well I am here to give thanks for mine. Can't stay but a minute. I just wanted to thank you for the kick in the butt.
I have been productive all day. I have drank more water today already than I had drank in the last 2 days combined.
I don't know if it was the kick... or that I finally got past the imbalance in my brain or hormones.... or what caused this turn. I am only GRATEFUL that it has "finally" past.
I just had to stop and say THANK YOU for being here with me through the last 2 days. There is hope ... hang in there... and get yourself moving if you can. This picture kind of shows the mixed up feelings I had been feeling. But ....today I am finally again.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:23 PM   #3  

Smile Me Again....

Hello again.
Here I am, one more time. I just got a phone call and my mom is in the hospital again so I am leaving first thing Thursday morning for Missouri. I probably won't be back till Monday. She is not in a life threatening situation at this time thank goodness, but her health is so poor that I don't know how long that will last. But for now, I am going to enjoy the fall foilage while driving there.
It is also where I found a scale to weigh myself, so I will get to see how I am doing. It has been almost a full month since I weighed last so I am hoping for at least 10 lbs gone. I will graciously accept less.... because I KNOW that I have been following my program well and if it is less, that is all that my body would let go of. Yes, I could have done better... but I did "darn good"... and I am happy with my progress.

I am still having a good day... except.... DH and I went to the movies. HE bought some popcorn. I couldn't resist it. Thank goodness it was a small bag. It was sooooooo GOOD. I know if it had been a big bag I would have eatten the whole thing. I am counting my blessings for small bags. LOL

Other than that... I did great when we went out for dinner. We went Chinese and I avoided ALL desserts. I ate peel and eat shrimp...yummy, and chicken and those greenbeans and brocolli. No noodles for me. I feel good about my dinner.

Well ladies.... I am out of here. I think I am going to go finish up the messes from this evening around the house. It "feels good" to have my house CLEAN again. I get really depressed when I let it go like I have lately.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-24-2001 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-25-2001, 08:20 AM   #4  

Hi there,

It's Wednesday and the day is following it's usual course. I love hump day. Just kidding. I ate a couple of halloween candies and taco bell for lunch. This afternoon, I need to focus on water. Just to see a little weight loss on the scale (I'll take anything).

Michelle, Richard is a two-timing....I thought he was my boyfriend of 20 years! It's a hot/cold relationship. But we're hot and heavy at the moment.

This attachment is dedicated to all you swimmers. Yeah, baby.

Have a great one,
Malia
Old 10-25-2001, 01:50 PM   #5  

Mornin!

Malia: LOVE the pic!! Cracked me up!! Keep working on the water. That's been my focus for a while. It seems like I'm drinking it all the time but still can't get enough in one day.

2Cute: Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope that scale has good news for you!! You really have been doing so well.

Well, for as much as I hate doing it, the exercise is showing results. Despite my crappy eating over the last week, I've lost two pounds. I've noticed my energy level go up too. For all the good things that come from exercise, you'd think a person would love doing it, but I don't. But, i will persist cuz it seems to be the best way to lose weight. Burn the calories off instead of depriving myself of calories. I had been eating so few calories to compensate for not doing the exercise, but then as soon as I had a bad day or two i would gain 3 or 4 pounds and it would take another week or two of practically starving to lose it again. I'm shooting for a good food day today. If I can keep my hands off the pizza and eat good, imagine how well I'd be doing!

I'm a bit dissapointed in myself. I will not meet my goal for this month because of the backslide. I can only hope to get back down to the goal I met last month...182 which is 60 pounds lost. Then for November my goal will be anything in the 170's. I'm not altogether sure I'll even make 182 this month, but I just HAVE to see the 170's in November. I want to see some movement in the scale here. I've been hovering in the 180's since late July. I was on such a roll I bought size 14 jeans expecting to wear them in August or September. I WANT TO WEAR THOSE DANG 'OL JEANS!!! Thanks for sticking with me as always guys. The rest of my life is still kind of a mess, but I'm feeling pretty good about the weight loss battle at this time. Talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 10-25-2001, 02:17 PM   #6  
I'm on my way!

Default HELLLLOOO!!

Just popping in to say hi...our server was down for the past 4 hours and now I have tons of work to catch up on!

You all keep up the good work! I will catch you all tomorrow!

Have a great OP night!

Michelle
Old 10-25-2001, 11:41 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I have been on such an eating binge this week, I'm just so upset with myself. Not upset enough to stop, apparently! It doesn't pay to be off kilter for a week, because it breeds more of the same! It's an ugly, vicious circle!

Hubby's in Germany this week so that may have something to do with my eating frenzy. Just don't do well with my soulmate out of town!

Michelle: So sorry about your accident. The best thing really was to get back on the road. I'm glad you did. It's scarey, but necessary.

2cute: I love the new welcome sign. I guess I better go check out all the threads I missed and see what kind of other cool pictures you guys posted. Sorry to hear your mom's not doing well again. Such a shame that she has to go through all of this at her age. [[[hugs]]]

Malia: My BIG downfall has been Halloween candy the last couple of days. I pack goodie bags to send to all the guys in my son's Frat house. So I had to buy a bunch of stuff. Well, I proceeded to eat all of the odds and ends left over pieces. Shame on me!!!

Jen: Sorry you've been feeling so down in the dumps lately. It sounds as if you are really getting back with the program though. Two pounds down is wonderful!

Susie: A little setback. Sounds like you're already back on track.

Well, as far as all of you girls trying to take my Richie Poo from me, I thought you were all my friends????

Gotta run. I've been working alot this week and have to get to work on paperwork first thing in the morning.

I found this quote and it truly about sums things up for me these last couple of days. Hope you like it.

"As long as a person doesn't admit he is defeated, he is not defeated ----- he's just a little behind and isn't through fighting." - Darrell Royal, Texas football coach
Old 10-26-2001, 12:36 AM   #8  

Default Bring out the marching band !!!!

Hello everybody. I made it home tonight after all. My mom is doing fairly well... just waiting for results on her tests.

Can you all hear the music.... I have my own little marching band playing for me. I had to come in and share my good news.
I got to weigh myself today. I have lost 15lbs !!!!!!!
Needless to say... I am a happy camper tonight.

No time to post to everyone.... but I am sooooo Happy and I had to come share with all of you.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-26-2001 at 12:38 AM.
Old 10-26-2001, 10:45 AM   #9  
I'm on my way!

Default Hip hip horaaay!!

2Cute...CONGRATULATIONS!! 15 LBS...THATS GREAT! See...it does pay to keep up the journey!! 15 lbs this month 10 lbs next month and before you know it you will be at goal!! It just seems to happen before you know it!! You are melting away girl!!

I can't wait to get on the scale on Sunday...actually...I am a little nervous about it...I haven't been to the gym this week and not so sure how well I have done point wise. Nothing extravagant...but just not writing down...that really helps keep things in line...since the accident I have been so disorganized. I had John take me on errands last night..I just don't want to go by myself. I hate driving the truck. I can't wait to get my car back!!

Thin glad to see you back here...we all have those weeks...just turn your butt this way...I need some exercise so I will do some more butt kicking!! }}}}}}}}}}}}KICK{{{{{{{{{{{ Ok...consider yourself kicked!! Now you must make good food choices from here on out!!

Jen persistance pays off...you will get your butt kicked too so you can get in those jeans in November...determination is the name of the game! Geesh....I am getting alot of exercise in this morning with all this butt kicking!!

Malia...you can have Richie Poo for now...I dont' have time for him. I am planning a little justice of the peace wedding for february 14th...I should just hook up with him for one last hurrah but I don't think John will appreciate it!! Sooo ladies...you can all have him back..no competition from me!!

I bought a new modem for my computer last night and put it in this morning along with an ethernet card and I went to plug it all in and I didn't have the power cord! Darn...my sister forgot to give it to my parents when they brought me my computer...I borrowed one from work today so hopefully I will get online this weekend. But for now...I must get my rear in gear and get some work done today! I will check in again though...so....you all twist those butts this way for one last kicking this morning!!

Have a great day! Michelle K
Old 10-26-2001, 08:34 PM   #10  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I'm so sorry to have been AWOL. I've been missing you all so much! My inner pixie got hold of me this last week, and I went jumping in one of those huge blowup things you can rent for kids parties and such. Well, I really damaged my knee in the process. This is the first time I've been able to get to the computer, because I couldn't figure out how to get back up from it once I was sitting here! I'm in a lot of pain, but will survive. Wanted you all to know I didn't fall off the face of the earth or anything.
Have to go now!

Andria
Old 10-26-2001, 08:48 PM   #11  

Andria... you poor thing. {{{{ HUGS }}}}
Old 10-26-2001, 10:07 PM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi ladies! It feels good to be back here on a regular basis again even though my eating is still way out of whack!

Honey is home! WooHoo! I'm doing a happy dance! I was really ticked that he didn't even call once to say he was there or he missed me and when I reached him on the cell phone after he landed I kindof let him have it! *shrugs* No souveniers for me, other than the hotel soap and shampoo! But he knew I was ticked so he brought me home 3 dozen carnations to try and make ammends. Ain't he sweet???

2cute: WooHoo for you!!! That 15 pounds was definitely worth the wait for the scale! What a wonderful time it is when we can finally say we did something right. Good for you being patient, how wonderful to see it off in a big chunk!

Andria: Ouch!!! Did you think you were a spring chicken or something that you could go jumping around like that??? Sure hope you're back up and around real quick! [[[hugs]]]

Michelle: Ok, I consider myself 'kicked'. Thanks, I needed that. Now that honey is home, I'll be much better! I'm very independent and like my own way (read 'bossy' LOL) but I still don't do well when honey is out of town. I like to just sit and eat in my loneliness. What can I say?? It's the way it is.

Guess I'm gonna run. You all behave.

Believe in yourself. And believe that there is a loving Source - a Sower of Dreams - just waiting to be asked to help you make your dreams come true." - from the Simple Abundance Companion
Old 10-28-2001, 01:03 AM   #13  

Good weekend everyone,

2Cute, congratulations on your weight loss. I would give everything to have an iota of your focus. I'm going through a yoyo period of eating well/exercising and snacking on junk food/no exercise. It's frustrating.

On the other hand, other than weight loss. I had an absolutely productive day. Highway cleanup for work and breakfast after. Ate a quite a bit of fruit. We've been having rain downpours throughout the day. It's been a welcome relief from the heat the past year. Did some shopping, treated myself to some makeup. Also found a white/black animal print knit shirt at Sears for $3.09. I'm dyeing it purple for my cat Halloween costume. It'll match the purple/black cat ears. I also cut fabric to cover the chairs. Weeded and fertilized. I feel much better already talking about my day.

Thinthinker, I love the simple abundance companion. Did you purchase it at costco? I purchased it a couple of years ago and am reading it slowly. I'm in the gratitude section. Very inspiring.

Andria, that must have hurt. My inner pixie always gets me into trouble. I don't let her out too often. But with the addition of our new puppy, he's making me run and play hide-and-seek. I missed doing that stuff. In fact, wishing I could jump into a pond started me on this journey. I hate having separate entities other than my chest jiggling in mid air.

Michelle, what exercise equipment do you use at your gym? Are you primarily aerobic conditioning or are you weightlifting? My coworker had really big hips and thighs. She goes to the gym and a trainer helped her. In about a year, she lost almost all her weight and looks beautiful. I long to be trim. This goal is dragging far too long.

The attached image is for all of you. Let's party with Richard. It's Saturday night.

Malia

Last edited by prism; 10-28-2001 at 01:26 AM.
Old 10-28-2001, 05:50 PM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope all of you that needed to remembered to turn your clocks back. I just did the ones in my office, I had been off kilter all day.

My youngest was home from school this weekend. I bribed him with doing fondue for dinner. I know, very 70's! But the guys really enjoy that and it really makes for a leisurely dinner with lots of conversation so that was nice. I invited mom over for brunch today so that she could see him while he was home. Won't have him home again until Thanksgiving now.

It has been a terrible food week. Heck, 2 weeks. I am going to sit in front of the TV tonight and go through my recipes and pick out some stuff to make this week. Need some planning in my life to make this weightloss thing work. I know I should be starting over with my next meal, but I'm satisfied to say I'm starting again in the morning.

Malia: Guess it's you and me, girlfriend! Sounds like you've been very busy this weekend. * Yes, I got the Simple Abundance book at Costco. I haven't gotten through much of it, but I do so enjoy quotes, that I went through the book and copied most of them into my Quote Journals. I have a collection that I have been gathering for the past 20 years or so. Most are motivation or inspiration and they make me feel good when I curl up in a corner of the sofa and read them. I just started sharing them here about 6 months ago. I hope everyone enjoys them.

Guess I better go make some dinner. Don't know if I passed on this recipe before or not, but here it is:

Coca Cola Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can diet Coke
1 cup Ketchup

Spray frying pan with cooking spray and brown chicken breasts on each side. In a small bowl mix can of diet Coke and ketchup. Pour over chicken in frying pan. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.

Makes 4 servings: 4 WW points per serving

This sounds weird, but it is really good, and very, very simple.

Have a good night.

Errors, like straws, upon the surface flow; He who would search for pearls, must dive down below." - John Dryden
Old 10-28-2001, 05:53 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hey, I forgot. Did you ever wonder what the backside of a smiley face looks like? Well check it out below and then you will know!
Closed Thread