Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-12-2006, 04:27 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9

Angry I'm hurt!

Okay, I did Billy Blanks Bootcamp, Basic Training on Monday night. It's not the first time I've done it, but I really tried to push myself this time to go further. Well, on my way to work Tuesday morning, I moved my head a certain way and had the most excrutiating pain in my neck. It continued throughout the day...it was a horrible, burning pain that went from the back of the right side of my neck all the way down my right arm. It was so bad, that I was nauseous most of the day.
Well, after using ice, a heating pad, rubbing my neck and taking some naproxen, it finally subsided at about 4pm yesterday. Today, I'm just really sore.
So, I'm gathering I either pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve.
My question is this: I always do Tae Bo for my exercising, but I don't want to injure my neck anymore if it's not completely healed yet. So, should I hold off on the vigorous cardio for a few days and just walk? Or would the Tae Bo be okay to go back to?
I'm just not quite sure how to approach this situation.
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:13 PM   #2  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Definitely take it easy for a few days. I would recommend lots of gentle stretching for your neck, and to avoid anything that jars/twists it for a few days. I have lots of experience with pinched nerves in my back and the key is to take it easy and get the inflammation down. Movement is good, but nothing really vigorous or that involves a lot of twisting until you're feeling better.

I hope you feel better soon. I know how annoying it is to have your routine interrupted like this. I'm just off a month long physical therapy jag myself. Well I'm not really off it, I get to keep up these exercises indefinitely, but I can do them unsupervised now
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote