Old 04-12-2006, 09:41 AM   #1  
banned

Default Weight Loss Phase - rest of life?

I am new here. I am doing LAWL on my own. My question is, can I just eat this way for the rest of my life to keep my weight down? I mean eat, like I eat in the Weight Loss Phase? I am on Gold so 2P, 2S, 3F, 3V, 1D, 1FAT, 2 PRIA Bars? If I eat this way for the rest of my life, I should gain, right? It makes sense to me, but I want to know what you gals think. What I am trying to say is, is stabilization and maintenance really necessary, especially if I don't mind eating this way?
Julie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:48 AM   #2  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

First of all, welcome to out little group!

I think that once we get to our "goal weight", it will be a refreshing change to be able to add things back into our diets. Deets, Karen or anyone else on maintenance can answer this much better than me. But I think that once you lose the weight, you still follow a guideline of how much to eat like we do now...you just have the option of eating the foods you enjoy and learning how to count them. I've been on the program since August (had a few setbacks), but it's funny how I always have, in the back of my mind, an idea of what I ate so far for the day and what I should eat...and I can definitely feel a change when I don't eat all of my fruits and veggies.
Ok, I'm rambling...I guess I'm saying that what you're eating now isn't going to change much in stabilization and maintenance.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:59 AM   #3  
banned

Oops, I meant to say "if I wat this way for the rest of my life, I SHOULDN'T gain, right? Ugh. Too early.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #4  
banned

Thanks, Emmysmom. So, from reading your post, your opinion is that I should be ok if I continue to eat this way, right?
Old 04-12-2006, 10:25 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 4"

Ok, let me try to explain this.

During the weight loss phase you reduce your caloric intake by approximately 500 calories per day to lose weight safely. When you reach your goal weight, you need to stabilize. During stabilization, you slowly increase your caloric intake to your recommended caloric intake based on your height, current weight, and activity level. During maintenance, you continue to consume the amount of calories recommened to keep from gaining weight.

If you do not stabilize and then maintain, you will continue to lose weight.

I went from appoximately 1200-1300 calories per day in the weight loss phase to 1800 calories per day in maintenance. Which is my recommended caloric intake based on my weight, height, and activity level, according to many different calculators. The one that I pretty much go by is the one from Wake Forest University School of Medicine and Baptist Hospital, which are right down the road from me.

If you would like to check it out just go here http://www.besthealth.com/Health+Calculators

3FC has calculators to use as well http://www.3fatchicks.com/diets/diet-calculators.php

I hope this helps! Good Luck!
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:26 AM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

One of our chickies, Karen is in maintainence, and I believe that she said she is still on her original plan in maintainance, but there are a lot more choices than there are in the WL phase. Welcome aboard!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:28 AM   #7  
Katie

Okay never mind. Karen was posting while I was. Good to see you Karen!
Old 04-12-2006, 10:31 AM   #8  

Thanks Katie... How are you?

I lurk most of the time. When I see something that I need to comment on, I try to help out. Some of the topics, I can't help with like Take Off (never did it and don't know how). Plus, they have added some new choices that I am not aware of so sometimes it's better for me just to be quiet...
Old 04-12-2006, 10:32 AM   #9  
banned

So I am still confused. Can I go on eating like I do in weight loss and just add a few things in here and there when I hit my goal weight? I printed out the stabilization and maintenance phases from online, and it shows what to add in.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:34 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie22
So I am still confused. Can I go on eating like I do in weight loss and just add a few things in here and there when I hit my goal weight? I printed out the stabilization and maintenance phases from online, and it shows what to add in.
You will add a few more portions, but you get some larger portion sizes. And you have alot more options! I was so happy to be able to eat cornbread and biscuits again!

Where did you find it online? The only thing I can find online is OLD. I started maintenance in July 2005. I think Deets, which recently entered maintenance, has alot more choices to choose from than I did. I need to get my hands on that information!...
Old 04-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #11  
Katie

Hey Karen, I'm good. Getting a little closer to goal every day. I have to tell you that when I first started here in August last year, I had 90 lbs to lose. I felt like I was trying to climb the tallest mountain I had ever seen. When I saw that you had lost 90 lbs and were maintaining it was very inspiring to me. Still is. How go the wedding plans?
Old 04-12-2006, 10:50 AM   #12  

Honestly, when I set my goal, I thought "Is this reasonable?" Then I thought "That is what I want, and I am going to do it!"

I weighed 135 when I got pregnant the first time so I set my goal up 5lbs because, I know that I would look sick any smaller than I am now.

I am working on the finishing touches for the wedding. I have all of the major things either booked or completed, which ever is necessary. I am working on decorations and flowers now. I ordered my guest book, ring pillow, pen, unity candle (all personalized), and a few more things off of the Knot last night. I ordered personalized toasting glasses, napkins, and cake server set about a month ago from them.

DFI and I picked out our menu for the reception. Get this, when he was looking through the vegetable choices, he said "Well, I know we have to have the steamed broccoli." DFI is extremely supportive in my weight goals.

BTW, this is our menu:
Herbed Baked Chicken
Roast Beef
Roasted Red Potatoes
Broccoli w/cheese on side
Apple Cobbler

w/appetizers:
Fruit Tray
Veggie Tray
Meatballs, which I won't eat but I thought the guest may like them
Herb Bread
Crossiant Sandwiches

And of course, WEDDING CAKE , and I get to eat some without feeling guilty!

I have to figure out what I want for my bouquet, my daughter's bouquet, and centerpieces now.

Last edited by MetalChic; 04-12-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #13  
Katie

Wow, your menu sounds great. How cute of DHI to go for the broccoli for your sake. Eat all the cake you want, you deserve it baby!
Old 04-12-2006, 11:10 AM   #14  

I forgot, she is also serving a salad.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:34 AM   #15  

Check out this url.. This is where we are going for our HONEYMOON... http://www.palaceresorts.com/Resorts...lace/Index.asp