South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 07:04 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat - April 12

PLEASE!

I'm just starting us up and will be quick as I need to organize the garbage. (I don't have a life!) Gorgeous day #5 in a row is unfolding and more gardening will be done this morning. My new helper, Barb, seems great. She even knows the names of plants!

We'll work outside most of the day but I do want to go visit Harry this afternoon. I have darts tonight - nearly over, thank heavens! - so it'll be a full day.

Gotta dash. The trash pickup is supposed to be 8 or later but the "lads" are starting early so they finish earlier.

I won't even talk about food today except to say yesterday was NOT OP!

Come and chat a bit.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:37 AM   #2  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ruthie. Where the heck is everyone today? Sounds like you have a full plate (so to speak) today.

As for me, I got a decent work out last night, but am exhausted today again. Have to get ready for work. Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Lisa
Old 04-12-2006, 07:50 AM   #3  

It's Gonna be GAWJIS here!!!! 70s/80s all week .. YIPPPEEEE!!

organizing garbage... that's a new one Ruth!
Weezie...have a Fabulous Day!

Yesterday I shampooed the living room couches, scrubbed and power washed the gliders..and straightened out the garage... I was one tired PUPPY! Today is staining the gliders and going to Curves. I ate something bad last night and was up most of the night..Imodium and Tums for breakfast .... If I feel better, I think I'll try to make some of that " Carolina Caviar" for lunch...

Have a great Sunshiny day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/152/130

Good Morning Everyone!

Today is a beautiful day!
I work from home and I had a applied to a company near my home that hires claims processors to work from home, the job I do now is @ home call center, and I have a hard time working during the day w/ my little guy, who is 3...
I have a phone interview on Thursday morning. I am very excited about this... Except for the 8wks of training at the company... But worth it in the long run.
The diet is going well I think I ate to much cheese yesterday...Getting my scale today!!! And we are going food shopping!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:32 AM   #5  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks! Where is everybody today? Not much going on here. I'm fighting a major battle with myself to NOT go and get a chocolate muffin from Mickey D's. It was the first thing I thought of today and I haven't been able to distract myself. Last night's dinner with DH's friend wasn't too bad. He didn't show up until after 7 so I didn't have to spend hours listening to him.

Mo - good luck with the interview!
Schatzi - want to come clean my house now? My carpets are in dire need of a good shampooing. Hope your tummy feels better today.
Weezle - hope your day goes fast for you....where's the diet soda icon?
Ruth - have a great day.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Good Morning!

It is supposed to be in the 70's today but very overcast and rain is on the way.

My daughter threw up last night! I don't know what is going on! We all had the stomach/intestinal bug LAST week. She threw up and was sick last Wednesday. So I don't know what is going on. She has slept ever since the incident last night. She isn't up yet this morning, poor thing.
She had not acted sick and had played all day.

I need to go to the store. Not much in the way of veggies in the house... not much of anything but eggs and cheese sticks!!

OTher daughter is hanging on my arm so thats all for now!
Old 04-12-2006, 09:07 AM   #7  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chicks! Hi, Ruth, weezle, Schatiz (whats caroliner caviar??), mo berry, and Kelly ! How is everyone this morning?

Well, my presentation last night is over so that's good. Except this one guy always disagrees with me in class and interrupted my presentation to disagree with me on what the scientific consensus is on human influenced global warming. Umm....I just love it when non-scientists try to tell me how it is in the science community. Some in the general public apparantly think that there's some huge debate going on when there is none. I guess this so called global warming debate is held in lala land where scientists are still debating evolution . Just because a news program puts the opinion of one and the opinion of another very, and I mean very, small minority the public thinks science is split 50/50 on an issue. Seriously, can't folks be a little smarter and a little better critical thinkers than that? These are the type of people who form their social and poltical opinions based on 30 second soundbites from the evening news. The general public can debate all they want but the very vast majority of scientists agree with the overwhelming evidence that human activities are significantly contributing to the increasing and accelerating global temperatures (go to the IPCC's website and you'll see). And the thing is, my talk wasn't even really on this subject. It was a more broad presentation on changes in the global carbon cycle and it's implications for policy. Now I wish I would've done it on the evidence for anthropogenic changes to the carbon cycle. Go figure! OK, done with my rant now!

I'm down a pound today...yaayyy!! I just wish I could beat this swelling. I'm really considering going in for a dieuretic. I just feel swollen and bloated all the time. Maybe it's just because I'm fat, I don't know. But the one place I'm not fat is my stomach and it just feels like a water balloon in there. So, what is everyone making for dinner? I need some ideas. I want to cook and have no idea what to make. Speaking of cooking, does anyone have any good reipes for an Asian style soup? I tried the Thai Shrimp Soup form the book. It was OK but nothing WOW. Maybe I need to jazz it up a bit. Maybe Barb, our resident Julia Child will have a good one .

Well, have a great day chickies!
Old 04-12-2006, 09:08 AM   #8  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hi, Debbie! Didn't see you there!
Old 04-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #9  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Hey Girlies! Quick post today.
My aerobics class went pretty well last night. I still don't really like the teacher. Maybe because I took dance lessons for 10 years & grew up doing Jane Fonda, I'm a little picky, but come on! She plays 80's music the whole time among other things!
I might pop in later.
Have a great day!
Old 04-12-2006, 09:36 AM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Hi

I can't believe I'm on the board before noon! I was awakened at the crack of dawn with a scout troop putting flags all up and down my street and my yard. There's 15 in the yard. It looks so cool. We pick my son up at about 2:00 today. I'm pretty excited to see him. I think he'll like the flags. It's going to be a short 5 days but it will be great.

I've been so-so with eating, but I did go work out yesterday.

It would be nice to have some great weather, but I think Ruth is taking it all. Had a few brief flurries last night. My bulbs are coming up and I think they are so confused!

Ruth, there is medication available if you continue to feel the need to organize garbage!

Schatzi, speaking of organize.........could you come "play" at my house? I would love to have a little cleaning tornado hit here!

Weezle, you make my tired ache! You are one busy lady.

mo-berry, good luck with the job interview.

Kelly, the chocolate muffin doesn't love you, it just wants to ruin you......keep repeating............

Debbie, sorry for your sick little one......

pearshape, on the weight loss! Maybe you have IBS, that's a major symptom of bloating.

Well, I've got a ton to do today and I want to go running before I head to the airport. I'm not sure when I'll have the chance again this week.

Everyone HI!
Old 04-12-2006, 09:38 AM   #11  

pear - I do like the Thai shrimp but I probably boost the spices some without even thinking about it. When I have in the mood for a spicy oriental soup, I fix Hot and Sour soup. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71567 This one is easy and tastes good! I usually use pork tenderloin in it but other meats would work too.

My weight has been creeping up. I've been snacking too much on stuff I shouldn't. I really wish gas would get cheaper so I could work in the office more. It is too easy to eat when I work from home.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:38 AM   #12  
RNMOM

Default hi

Hey Demeter, missed your post. Does your instructor wear leg warmers and have her hair in that pineapple looking bangs thing??????
Old 04-12-2006, 10:08 AM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Don't have to rush today,treatments are in the afternoon.Going to get must of the bulk grocery stopping to day and the crowds will hit the stores over the weekend.

I'm getting exhausted,TG its only for 3 more weeks as we half though the treatments.I wake up and than a few hours later I loss my pep,just feel like vegging out.

Ruth-we had a fews days of beautiful Spring weather,now we'r e back to frost.Can't get any planting done,until the end of May or the beginning of June.Hubby doesn't want to have tomatoes this yeatr. Yike I love them so I guess I will have to be the gardener.

Weezle-Hi have a great day.

Schatzi-Sorry Ididn't get back to your post the other day, I stopped the TV dinners,no mofre for me. I going to cook some meals & freeze them instead. SPRING CLEANING !!! AH, I don't the time or in the mood to start.

Mo-berry-I know the feeling being at home with your little is is more important. My DD is going thought that now, with 4 all under 5 1/2Good Luck at your W-I.

Pearshape- with your presention and congrats on your weight loss, probably caused by stress.

RNMOM-Have a wonderful time with your son.I'm sure he'll love the flags

Barb-Sorry about the munchies I doing that myself,they only way is not to have them in the house. We both need Spring Cleaning in our munchie drawer.

Have to go will try to post later Hugs BB
Old 04-12-2006, 10:34 AM   #14  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone......I'm just now getting up. I was at the store last night until 12:45. Our district mgr is coming in today & the store had to be perfect. I was running shipment last night & "Junior" was suppose to run the floor. He was mad because our boss told him that I had to count the money at the end of the night because I am faster than him. So he pouted & acted like a jerk. When I was finished with the money, I saw we had 10 racks of clothes to put back on the floor (the people in the area of my store just try on and try on clothes & leave in the room for us to hang & put away. My mother taught me better but that's a whole different story!) So Dave (my all star employee) & myself are running these racks & "junior" is out there with a rack as well...just walking around, walking around. After 40 mins....Dave & I have ran 6 racks total, I go back to count & there's 4 left! WTF! So then Miss Soonbfab got a little pissy & "junior" wants to know why, so I told him & his reply to me was "Maybe your eyes are foolin you" I told him the only fool was him & he better get his @ss in gear. He proceeds to tell me how hard he works & he doesn't have a problem staying so late, but it's not "his style" Well if his style was to working we wouldn't be staying. So he calls me a b_tch. I walked right up to him & asked him to say it again.....he didn't. I wouldn't of flatten that boy - at least he was smart enough not to say it again! What a jerk! This is my last week working with him...thank goodness!
So I came home & had a vodka & oj....I needed to calm down!
Well I have lots to do....I have to get a outfit for the wedding on Sat. a card, clean the car - I have my father's PT cruiser right now because the master cynciler on my Saturn needs to be replaced & my fab little bro is doing it for me. But my little niece was eating somethign pink & it's all over the back seat...any suggestions on what will remove it? I also have grocery shopping, handing out AVON books, & make a trip to Kinkos. Wow I'm busy today...I think I need a list!
Pearsy hun, your whole post went right over my head...to early this morning - not all of us are as sharp as tacks will little sleep!
Ruthie - sorting garbage..really?
Ok...I'm off to start my day!
Old 04-12-2006, 11:00 AM   #15  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Happy Wednesday everyone! It's a beautiful day here in FL but as usual I'm stuck inside!!! I'm going to be eating lunch with an old high school friend, one that I haven't seen in years. Should be interesting. My ten-year reunion is coming up this June (how time flies!) and I can't wait to see what everyone's up to.

I hope you all have a great day!
Closed Thread