Old 04-06-2006, 03:57 PM   #1  

Question Breakfast

What do you eat for breakfast when you are sick of eggs during induction?

btw...my book is on its way.
layners7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:52 PM   #2  

Layne -

Susan gave me great ideas! The thing is, there are certain foods that we always associate with breakfast, and can't seem to think outside of that particular box. But, once you can get past that...
You can try cubed beef with melted cheese, left over meats from the night before, um.. this morning, I had a BLT salad with mayo and shredded chicken. Yummy. Mix it up and get creative. Now there is also a great list of scrambled egg variations in the recipe section. Make some mexican eggs w/ shreaded pepper jack cheese, a T of pico de gallo, and sour cream etc. I know it gets old, but that what brings out the creativity in us. LOL When Susan suggested a George Forman grill (though I got a knock of version for much cheaper by Hamilton Beach) I died and went to heaven! That thing gets more use than I ever expected. We love it.. it has become a member of the family. <smirk>

Necessity is the mother of invention...

Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:01 PM   #3  

I agree with falon! I eat just about anything (low carb of course) for breakfast. Steak, chicken, leftovers from the night before. It may take some getting used to...but if you're hungry it will work....and breakfast is very important...the book will tell you that.

Another suggestion is yogurt after you get past induction or just every once in a while.

Last edited by M&Gmom; 04-06-2006 at 06:52 PM.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:20 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Turkey bacon....love my turkey bacon.
There's always ckn or turkey sausage, cheese, chicken, protein drink.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:53 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Everyone that knows me, makes fun of how many eggs I eat. I switch it up and have them boiled, fried, scrambled, omelets, or put them on my low-carb wheat tortillas with salsa and sour cream. I have tried the Carb-smart breakfast bars (3 carbs) when I am not very hungry. I do miss a simple bowl of cereal sometimes, but haven't found any in my area that is reasonable on carbs. Would like to try Atkins pancake mix, but is not available where I live.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

Lightbulb

Hi usually I drink an lc shake or grind nuts and flax and make cereal out of it. Judy
Born2run2 is offline   Reply With Quote