South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:24 AM   #1  
gotta lose it!

Default MOnday Monday, so good to me..

OK...not really, I'm down 1 lb from the 2 I gained from Outback. But it's 6:30 & I'm headed to work for a meeting - yuck! I'll be back later after my meeting & Curves. What's going on with you today?
Old 04-10-2006, 06:30 AM   #2  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning Soon and all you other chicks still in bed.

Soon - YUCK! Sorry you have to be to work so early on a Monday morning.

Not much going on around here. Haven't started the yet so the brain isn't yet in gear. Had a not so OP weekend, so I'm kind of looking forward to being back in the routine of the workweek.

Talk to you later
Old 04-10-2006, 07:15 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie here too. Hey, I'm supposed to be retired! Why do I get up before five? Why do I have a fricking schedule these days? Where's my secretary? When's payday? lo:

There's a list of odds and ends of house jobs to do this morning and I hope to work in some more garden work and a walk with one or two dogs. My painting class is this afternoon and I've not even brought my painting stuff in from the car. I gotta get a grip!

This is the week I will plan my food on Fitday and STICK to the plan! I do well on the planning but not on the sticking. This may also be the week I finally get my windows installed - that phone call is on my morning list.

Come and chat before you leap into your week.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/168/130

Good morning chicks!
Well, I took one for the team this weekend. If anyone is having a craving out there, I probably took care of it for you. DH and I were out of town celebrating our anniversary. I was planning on making a relaxed P3 choices, oh but no, I decided to go all out. I ate anything I wanted even when I wasn't hungry. Bad, I know. I am back OP today and needless to say, I will not be weighing in. In fact, I put my scale up last week and decided not to weigh until the end of the month. I better get my rear in gear if I want to make my 10 lb weight loss challenge!
Hope everyone has a great day.
-Dee
Old 04-10-2006, 07:29 AM   #5  

Oh you Gals are making me giggle this morning!!!! I got up late this morn, and am just starting on my cawfee... I'll be back when I'm coherent.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:53 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I need a job where I don't have to get up until 10am. I think then I'd feel better.

Morning girlies. I was BAAAAAADDDDDDDDD yesterday at a cookout and gained WAY too much weight. D'oh. Hopefully it falls off quickly. I'm not changing my ticker, dangit.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. I need to finish getting ready for work. (Hurrah.) Then after work I have a phone interview with Hollywood. Wish me luck kids. Hope everyone has a great day.

Lisa
Old 04-10-2006, 08:55 AM   #7  

Hmph. Monday was crap to me. I failed to lose any weight since last Monday. I shouldn't be surprised because of all the carby WW cookie-eating I did, but I don't feel I should be barred from feeling indignant. I had gotten quite used to losing 2 lbs. a week and was looking forward to leaving the 220s behind.

I should head back to Phase 1 for awhile, but I'm not sure I can leave off eating fruit for two weeks. Grains I can do without. Maybe I'll do a Phase 1.5 with just one fruit per day (I usually eat at least two).

On another note, does anyone eat no-fat Greek strained yogurt? I found some at Trader Joe's and it's soooo good. I'm thinking I could use it in place of Cool Whip on desserts because it'd be healthier and I still can't be trusted with Cool Whip in the house.

Weezle, soon, want2, Schatzi, Ruth, Kelly, good morning!

Have nice days, everyone!
Old 04-10-2006, 09:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/187/160

Good Morning Ladies!!

Well it sounds as though I'm not the only one who didn't eat OP this weekend, so now I don't feel as bad. Must've been something in the air...but I did face the scale this morning, and much to my amazement, it hasn't budged - in either direction. Whew. That's a relief. But it's still not helping towards my goal of an 8lb loss this month. I PROMISE I'm going back OP as of today - and no more cheating. Now that TOM has left town for a few weeks, that should help considerably. (I hope)

Not too much else to report on today, except that it's supposed to get up to 65 degrees today!!! DB and I took out the patio set and grill over the weekend. I'm itching to get my hands in the dirt, but I don't think we've seen our last frost yet. So I will just have to sit and be patient for a few more weeks. Patience seems to be a virtue that I haven't acquired yet.

Weezle - I'm with ya on finding a job that doesn't start until mid morning. I'm not now (nor have I ever been) a morning person. And I'm not a drinker, so that makes it even harder!! on the interview with Hollywood!!

Soon and Steph - Thanks for the compliment on the avatar! DB was having fun taking pics of me - that was my fav. I was a little hesitant to post it becuz of all the other beautiful beach babes out here!!

To all the other beachies out there, good morning!!

Here's to an OP day everyone!!

Nicole
Old 04-10-2006, 09:29 AM   #9  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chickies! Another week starting means another week just got over and I'm that much closer to being done with grad school. Seriously, that's how I measure my life now. I'm really starting to hate it.....even worse than when I started to hate it before. Too much work, nothings ever done..anyway! Don't mean to start the morning off complaining but I just needed to vent. I'm having my coffee and my oatmeal/TVP is in the microwave. I find that by adding 1/4 C steel cut oats and 1/4 C TVP it makes a much more filling and satisfying b'fast. I'm full for hours and hours. I think I'll add some blueberries to it this morning.

Soon, have a good workout! YOu must be gettin some good tone with all your working out lately! good for you

KellyJ: just get back OP this week and everything will be OK!

Ruth: Well, you sure are a busy retiree, that's for sure. AT least you enjoy everything (or most) that you do. How's the little mama-to-be doing?

want: thanks for taking one for the team! I was too selfish to do that this weekend ! it'll be OK, just get right back OP. YOu'll do it!

schatzi: are you coherent yet?? Where is our Schatzi??

weezle: i've too have been getting up late ever sine dl savings time. seems all I want to do lately is sleep! have a fab day!

sunlit: i've seen that greek yogurt but it seemed so expensive. $4 for a single serving. is it really worth it? i dont have a trader joes here but have seen it at whole foods.

everyone else, have a great OP day!
Old 04-10-2006, 10:42 AM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Hey everyone, just a quick fly-by this morning. Dreary day and I'm so ready for sunshine. Hopefully later this week.

I'm off to finish some clinicals for my class and then maybe a nap. Wasn't so OP over the weekend but I did go for a short run.

Ruth, you may not have a payday, but you aren't in danger of being fired

Schatzi, WAKE UP!!!!!

Soon, want2b, kelly and weezle, sunlit, dare2....I'm with ya'll, back to being good starting today. I hate the thoughts of phase 1 again, I love fruit.

pear, I hate working on my bachelors bad enough, I can't even imagine grad school at my age. Hang in there.

Well, I'm off, take care everyone!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 10:44 AM   #11  

Good morning gals!

I have been MIA for a week or so. Major funk, just not much to say..... I am feelng much better today and feel like things might just be okay. 32 days left of school, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I think that this school year has been the hardest for me- going back to work with two kids and a husband who works all the time has been a beating. Don't get me wrong- I am blessed beyond belief with beautiful kids, a job, a husband who loves me- I am just OVERWHELMED most days!!!!!

I look forward to catching up and getting back in the loop. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-10-2006, 10:51 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearshape
sunlit: i've seen that greek yogurt but it seemed so expensive. $4 for a single serving. is it really worth it? i dont have a trader joes here but have seen it at whole foods.

Eeek, $4 for one? I think I got it for $1.50 for 6 oz. Still more expensive than the $0.38 I like to spend on yogurt, but I really wanted to try it. It may have to be more like an every now and then treat even at this price.

But yes, it's wonderful. Really thick and creamy.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:51 AM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Well!! Its a new week and it time for me to get started to get the pounds off before the summer comes.Didn't do too good this weekend,having those T.V. dinners really brought my weight up. I had the chance to cook a real meal but was too lazy to prepare it.Heres to next week.

The weather is getting nice now, I have to bring some spring clothing up from the basement,look them over for mending and sorting them for the wash.

Congrats to all who lost this week,hopefully I'll be with you weightwise next week. I'm planning to GET OFF THOSE T.V. DINNERS that have lots of sodium in them and eat more healthy,than I have been doing the last couple of days.

Have to go, will try to post later

Hugs BB
Old 04-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #14  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Morning girls,
Mark this date on you calendars...this is the first Monday since I joined 3fc that I have not had to recount my dieting sins and missed workouts. I did both strength training and cardio this weekend and although I was not angel with the eating it was within my calories. Got new sneakers as a treat from DH for my heard work over these last few weeks. The scale has rewarded me with another lb gone. YAY! I may make my loss goal this month. On a sad note got stung by a wasp Sat and found out I am mildly allergic. My hand is swollen like a tennis ball and itchy as all heck! So even though today is strength training day I doubt I can hold my weights so it will have to be cardio now. Well have a good day chickies...I am working from home today so I will be checking in.

SOON - it is always easier to put on than take off...but I know it will come of...your pretty dedicated.

kelly - workweek helps me stay OP too, have a good day.

ruth - you are a busy bee like always. Yeah...you ARE retired aren't you supposed to be relaxing in MAui right now?

dee - awww don't be so hard on yourself it was your anniversary...like you said just get into gear and make up for it

weezle - good luck on your interview hun!

sunlit - I would do ph 1.5...after all one weekend of overindulgance shouldn't make you go all the way back to the drawing board.

Nicole - morning, it is going to be nice here, I am so happy because I can start grilling again. I am a mess when it comes to gardening want to come do mine?

pear - I always wondered whats steel cut oats were. I have a cylinder shaped thing of oats that I think say they are rolled...??? I have a number of recipes that call for them but I am clueless.

kiko - I am glad you are back kiko, I had noticed that absense of your smiling avatar. It is ok to be overwhelmed hun, you have the American Dream and no one said that things were going to be easy! I know you can handle it though.

bb - back away from the t.v. dinners! Ha this coming from a restaurant aholic!
Old 04-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #15  

Default Monday check-in

I was really ready to moan, groan and have a true confession time on the board this morning--but everyone beat me to it Without going into all the fun times I had since Friday, and all the goodies I ate that weren't on-plan, suffice to say "ditto" to everyone else's posts--I didn't even weight myself this a.m. cause couldn't face the #

Don't think I need to go back to Phase I--will see if cravings are ok--but it's back OP --and I mean OP--for the week!
Closed Thread