UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:29 PM   #1  

Default Does anyone else find they can't bring themslevs to care sometimes?

OK so today I ate a fry's turkish delight and 2 thorntons chocolate eggs among other things I didn't really want. I just can't seem to bring myself to care even though I know I do.

Anyone know what I mean?
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:43 PM   #2  

Yes, since about October 2004 for me. Can't quite get back my weight loss thing.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 07:27 PM   #3  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

I had a creme egg today. Boohissboo for me. But I syned it... 12 odd syns, so I wasn't toooo bad. And unlike the usual routine if I look on the scales of an evening, I have gone down since this morning, not up.
I'm at that I don't care moment. I said on the other forum i'm on, I was tempted not to go SW this week, I just had an off couple of days, I went into starvation mode. Oops.
But today, I thought sod it, i'm having a creme egg.
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:15 AM   #4  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I used to feel like that - looking back I can now see that it was all part of the sugar cravings I used to get when I had low blood sugar. I never felt that I was really in control of what I ate and, to be honest, when I felt like that then I didn't give a damn about dieting - it was more important that I ate something to make me feel normal. I always used to get my cravings in the mid afternoon. Is there any pattern to yours?
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:59 AM   #5  

Yeah Hey! We are all human. The worst thing for me is having a surprisingly good week then I ruin it thinking "I had a cooked brekkie and some choccies and it did not show so now I can have some more goodies". I have been eating dipped flakes (so much nicer than normal ones!) I had the butterscotch Grren and Black that was part of my easter pressie from my aunt and I actually drank lucozade yesterday. I don;t really like it but I was poorly and you have it when not well, right???!

I know I know I will have to starve now. Grr.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:15 AM   #6  

I care about my health and well being, but it's ok to like bad foods. I give myself permission to eat a balanced diet, and that means being a bit counterproductive at times. I think if you cut out all your trigger foods it can make you even more bitter and twisted about the whole weight loss process.

Some days only chocolate will do. It's all about balance.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #7  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

I've had loads of times when I've just thought "Oh s*d it, I can't be bothered!"...and in the past it's always led to me regaining all the lost weight.

And then I could kick myself for being such a short-sighted idiot!

This is the first time I've ever persevered through the rocky patches - usually at the first hint of trouble I dive into the nearest biscuit tin! I think what's made this time different is that I've finally realised that it's better to lose slowly (or to plateau for a while) than to go back to my old ways, because my old ways always equalled weight gain. I'm the only person I know who has a track record of gaining a pound a week for 122 consecutive weeks - that's a **** of a gaining streak! And how come I never hit a plateau when it comes to GAINING weight?

With that history, I've learned it's better to just chip away at it, being imperfect but dogged in my pursuit of my goals.

Don't give up - if I can stick to it, ANYONE can!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:05 AM   #8  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy Chip
I'm the only person I know who has a track record of gaining a pound a week for 122 consecutive weeks
Wow! But that is only an extra 500 cals a day - which is two chocolate bars. Isn't it so frightening how easy it is to gain it and annoying how difficult it is to lose it? I once managed to put on a whole stone in just one week - scary!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #9  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Help... I have a bag of Malteasers here. And I'm gonna eat them! Oh heck.
Although, luckily enough the scales are being kind to me today. I'm 20st 12lb according to our scales this morning. I will have to be extra, extra good this week. But for now, I just don't care.

Had a tough couple of days.
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

I had a packet of Malteasers last night and they were LUSH all that chocolate goodness mmmmmmmmm

I made up for it by though, I put The Chronicles of Narnia on, said I was going to cycle for 30 minutes to my other half, he said bet you can't cycle through the whole film, me being up for the bet cycled through the whole film .... 60 miles later ... I got off .......

Full of beans this morning I "accidently wandered" into BHS, managed to eat an 8 item breakfast and 2 slices of toast major delayed munchie attack me thinks.

Damn good though

Last edited by Moo :); 04-08-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Maltesers are ok - only 180kcals a bag. (Small one) they're my usual cinema treat if I'm feeling in the mood!

Moo - your brekky was probably fueling that 60 miles in retrospect. Well done anyway!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
Maltesers are ok - only 180kcals a bag. (Small one) they're my usual cinema treat if I'm feeling in the mood!

Moo - your brekky was probably fueling that 60 miles in retrospect. Well done anyway!
Yup I think you're right, I gingerly stepped on the scales this morning, shut one eye, prayed to who ever was listening, crossed everything I possibly could, took a deep breathe and peered - I lost 2lbs mmmm does that mean I can have one next week a 10 item one.... mwhahahaha
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #13  

There just always seems to be some reason:
1. I am happy
2. I am stressed
3. I have achieved something
4. I am trying to achieve something
5. I have failed to achieve something and need to be cheered up

Well I am off to China tomorrow but when I come back I need to get it sorted. It was Easter 2 years ago that I went on the diet to lose 2 stone so maybe I can at least get back down the 11lb I've put back on. My weight is within BMI but I am little framed and too many % fat!

It was reasonably easy to diet in the exam free year of my degree but when u have 2 jobs in different cities and a bf 160 miles away its not so simple!

Thanks for your replies!
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote