South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 05:39 AM   #1  

Default Weekend Chat on the Beach 4/8 -4/9

A start to a Glorious Weekend ! Still pitch dark but the birds are chipperin away! But when the sun begins to come up it looks kind a eery cuz the white dogwoods look like they are glowing! I use to have a midnight garden and loved to look at it when the sun went up and down - looked beeeutifully ghostly

Got a pot a Joe on Have a laundry list of things to get done this morn ...Then off to pick up DH at the airport! Gonna be another stormy day here!
So do what you want Sleep in or get up and make the most of it gals!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2006, 06:52 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Schatzi and the rest of the chicks. The coffee is great! Schatzi, I love night gardens - I wander around after dusk admiring my light flowers. Somebody asked me if I was picking dew worms once when they spotted me.

Today is finally going to be sunny as the sunrise is looking gorgeously clear. It's only 22ºF but should warm up and melt the remains of yesterday's frassing snow. It was a winter wonderland out there at dusk last night. The Girls and I cranked up the woodstove and snuggled in. It felt like Christmas without a big To Do list.

I have nothing on today's list except take an extra trip to the dump and wash my kitchen floor again. (Candice did it yesterday but..... I try to confine the muddy paw crew to the back room but Lucy had figured out how to open the door into the kitchen.) I may finally get to my sewing today if it's too wet outside to rake. Tonight a group of us are going to the Long Horn for fajitas. They'll be on ww tortillas as the chef's wife is on Weight Watchers. It should be fun.

What's happening in your world?
Old 04-08-2006, 07:21 AM   #3  
gotta lose it!

Morning Ruthie & Schatzi....I'm up, having some eggs & coffee, then off to work for me. Yesterday went fast, but I was also pushing units to the floor, so I'm tired today (I'm such a wimp!) After work I have laundry to do (fun!)
Ruthie....have a fajita for me!
Schatzi - try to stay out of the storm.
See ya later!
Old 04-08-2006, 08:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/186/165

Good morning ladies and Happy weekend. Just wanted to say hello- I've been checking in and reading your posts- usually in the afternoons- just can't find the time in the AM in sit and chat- 2 kids to get out the door for school, and myself to work. (obviously not an early morning person) I feel like a bit of a voyeur- but I enjoy listening to the chit chat and learning more about the SBD. Have chimed in recently on April weight loss and exercise challenge, so thought I should say hello here. Have a great weekend everyone. Rene
Old 04-08-2006, 08:36 AM   #5  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks!

Got the coffee brewin' down stairs and thought I'd check in for a moment before DH & I go to pick up the littles. I hope they did okay overnight. As for me I got a glorious 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep..... Yeah!

Went waaaaaaayyyyyy off plan though. BUT today is a new day and I know there will be no problem just picking up and carrying on. That's why I love SBD.

Schatzi - try to stay dry today.
Ruth - Enjoy the sunshine! We either got a heavy frost, or a little snow last night to as the cars are both covered a bit.
Soon - I hope your work day goes fast.
Sunny - WELCOME!!! Chirp in anytime as I think most of the early morning chicks do go back and read yesterday's thread for anything they missed ( I know I do )

Hope everyone has a good OP weekend!

Last edited by Kelly J; 04-08-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:20 AM   #6  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning chicks. I've been up for about 1/2 hour so so. It was nice to sleep in. We had some very damaging storms blow through here, multiple tornados etc. I haven't turned on the TV to see the if anyone lost their lives but the damage was extensive. Luckily I didn't lose power. I kept waking up from the wind though. The April showers are sure here with bells on!

Today will be spent cooking, reading, and doing some data analysis. I haven't really cooked in a while so it should be nice and relaxing. I'm going to make a recipe called Torta di Carote that I found on the official site. It's some kind of carrot tort. I'll post if its any good. Also I plan to make the taco bake, some spanish "rice", and some peanut chicken. I should be set for a while.

Schatzi: Who would've thought our Schatzi is also a wine maker. Is there anything you can't do? And the Chateneuf di Pape has been on my list to try for some time. Any fav's? Have a fabulous day!

Ruth: Fajitas sound fabulous. I love fajitas. I actually have all the fixin's for them so maybe they'll be on the menu soon.

soon: Have fun a work..err...at least try to ! Everyone should be buying AVON stuff from you because they are fabulous products! My skin has never looked better!

aging: Hi, welcome! You'll love it here!

KellyJ: Yaayy for sleep! !!! And like you said, today is a new day...and you will do fabulously !
Old 04-08-2006, 11:08 AM   #7  

Morning, everyone! I only had to work until around midnight so it wasn't too bad. It's three weeks until the Pack Garage sale that I am running. And next weekend is Easter when Brian gets his sacraments and then the following weekend is the Spring campout so I knew I needed to get serious at going through stuff. I got Brian to agree to give up a box of videos (mostly Scooby Doo and Barney) that he doesn't watch any more. Then I got him to go up onto his top bunk and look through stuffed animals and inflatables. We came up with four boxes! And he still kept probably 50 things! Now I just need to get him to go through his little kid books. We are getting rid of both car booster seats and his old bike as well as lots of other stuff. I will have so much room in the house after this sale. It will be wonderful.

DH and Brian just left for a model train show and will be gone all day including dinner. I'm going to treat myself to something OP that I love that they don't. I'm not sure what yet but I'll think of something. It is a little cool today (compared to almost 90 yesterday) but I'm heading over to the nursery to pick up plants this morning. I need to run the cultivator through the vegetable garden again and see how much I can get planted. I think it will stay warm enough now that we are past all chance of freezing. I love fresh vegetables. I SHOULD go to the gym but planting is going to come first since I so seldom get time to do it and it is time critical.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:14 PM   #8  

Morning Chickees!!

Ugggh..I went way off program last night & I am paying today. Went out shopping with my best friend last night & we wound up at the bar after I did some serious damage to the credit card at Penneys. 3 margaritas later my head is a-pounding this morning but it was a fun evening Needless to say have only had tea & Excedrin for breakfast thus far. And need to get back OP today. Big plans for the weekend are housecleaning & hopefully a couple hours food prep tomorrow so I won't have any excuses for screwing up this week. Ok, gotta hop a shower; it is just a bit overcast so I may attempt to go to the farmers market & get inspired for tomorrow's food prep.

Schatzi...Have a fun homecoming with DH.

Ruth...Enjoy your day of leisure!!!

Pear...Have fun playing in the kitchen!

Aging...Welcome!!

Barb...Sounds like you're getting a good spring cleaning in & making some $$ for the pack too...WTG!!

Fab...Have a good day at work.

Everybody else Howdy have a great weekend!!

Sue
Old 04-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #9  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

I made the carrot tort today! YUM! So good. I'm going to experiment with zucchini to see if I can make a P1 dessert. I posted in in P2 desserts. I highly recommend this. I had it for lunch ...hey, it's got a vegetable in it .
Old 04-08-2006, 03:09 PM   #10  
beachbum

Hi Ladies
Thank God its the weekend, this is what happened Thursday and Friday of my busy week, that I didn't have a chance to post..

Had a early start this morn,I really beat.Leo & I met a DINGBAT at the center telling us that his wife has the same cancer as Leo and if going to get BAD, the treatments won't work and the eatting will get less & less.You'll see! I could have PUNCHED him in the nose.Leo & I are in enough stress we don't need people like him make more for us. Why do people do that. I was going to report him,but his wife has two more treatments left,so why start trouble.

Dear Hubby is doing fine, a little tired but that what the doc told us to expect. His eating is getting better.TG.
The only thing,he complaining about my using the stove to cook.He doesn't like the smells,it get him nauseous. I guess dinner is out,and I have to eat micro meals or sandwiches until this stops.So there goes the SOUTH BEACH DIET.

My Mammogram came back,no abnormalites were found.

Well Yesterdays treatments with chemo went well for Leo, hes starting to eat again,and that a good sign.We saw that stupid man again in our chemo room,he didn't apoligized to us of what he said,but he we more civilized.I guess he had a bad day.Wife has to go for another 6 weeks treatment now after they repair her esophagus where the cancer spread. He thaought he was finshed,but now its only the beginning for him. That POOOR GUY,I really feel sorry for him & his wife,going thought that all over again.

Hopefully I be back next Monday posting regularly until then have a great weekend.

Hugs BB
Old 04-08-2006, 05:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The baby is having her nap right now, so I'm taking some quiet time for myself. DD brought her last night, so I didn't have to run over there this morning in the pouring rain, thank goodness.
I went to the boring candle party, and, true to my word, I didn't buy a thing. I have to admit, though, that some of the stuff was nice. I'd still rather spend my money on other things, though.
I have stuffed peppers in the oven for supper, and they're starting to smell really good. All the kids will be here, so it'll be loud and boisterous. So much for my peace and quiet.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #12  
gotta lose it!

I'm back....my boss told me that I looked tired & let me go home at 11 - I came home & slept & just got up!
BB - I'm sorry darling....he was probably looking to you & your husband for reassurance that his wife will be ok. It just doesn't work that way....every situation is different. Hang in there....we're all cheering for you!
I'm off to do laundry....see ya!
Old 04-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #13  

I feel so good about having my garden planted. I've got different varieties of tomatoes, peppers, yellow squash, okra, eggplant, red onions, cilantro and a couple types of parsley. I already had oregano, thyme, rosemary and mint growing from last year. Oh, I also planted some catnip. Have to keep Allie happy too! And I got five free petunias with a coupon too.

Brian decided he didnt want Dairy Queen for dinner so he ended up eating oven fried chicken, homemade tomato and spinach soup and coleslaw. I had sauted cabbage and onion with balsamic vinaigrette instead of the coleslaw and soup. I'd already had them for lunch! I'm sure he ate much healthier than he would have eaten at Dairy Queen. He'd already eaten there for lunch and he won't eat french fries and they don't have fruit or anything else like lots of the other places have.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:41 AM   #14  
gotta lose it!

Happy Sunday morning everyone! I did some damage last night.....Outback. Yeah I know, I know.....so today is happy water day....gotta flush those Aussie fries & Strawberry Rita out of my system! I'm up 2 pounds.
Had a HUGE scare this morning....lost my engagment ring for about 10 mins...I took it off to put lotion on & couldn't find it. DF came in & found it immediately - whew! My heart was a racing (does that count as my cardio for today?) Off to work...see you fabulous ladies later!
Old 04-09-2006, 06:57 AM   #15  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Good Sunday Mornin.......
It has been a weekend. Today we are having a family BBQ. We will have my MIL,DS & his girlfriend, DD & her fam, DD's friends. See, grandma (mil) has not meet DS new girlfriend. It will be an interesting event. Girlfriend is 15 years older than he is. (she 40 he 25). Grandma doesn't know about her yet. DS met her through his new landlady when he moved out last month. I came right out and asked her why someone so young? She told me that she nor he expected it. They just got along real good and he makes her laugh, who is polite and respectful and they have allot in common interests. She is real nice, strange , dresses from the 70's with patches on her clothes, skin tight/revealing, (of course she has a body to die for at 40 maybe size 2 if not smaller), no kids, doesn't want any. The whole kicker is her name is the same as mine, she's only 6 years younger than me, she has red hair like me. Nothing like being with someone who reminds you of your mother. Grandma is just going to have a COW!!! . She won't stay long because it will be near her nap time. Grandma has a habit of not thinking before she speaks, and she can say some very hurtful things. My own kids don't like her much, she never remembers birthdays, even if she knew she doesn't say anything to you about it. After we had moved her here to SC she was talking to me about other son's ex wife. She says "She was a huge girl, very big, just a Little bigger than you" These are the kinds of things she says. Oh, well I try to avoid her, I don't need the stress in my life. So, this should be a day for the books.
Just babbling now, have to get in the shower and run to the store, forgot paper plates and napkins.
I'll let you know how it goes. Everyone might see fireworks coming from my corner of the beach.
Have a great day chicks.
Cathy
Closed Thread