Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 11:25 PM   #1  

Default weight loss on core?

I am thinking of trying CORE,Does anyone have any success stories,not only goal but good losses on CORE?
Old 04-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #2  
Melissa

Hello and
Whether you choose core or flex kind of depends on your personality and needs. Personally on flex I obsessed over the points and only lost about 5 pounds in a couple of months. On core, I lost a little more in the same amount of time, but with much less stress and worry.
Others have better success stories than me. I haven't been a shining core exmaple. Good luck in whatever you choose.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #3  

Hi

I have lost 4 pounds over the last 2 weeks eating whatever I want that is on Core plus the 35 WPA's.

Core rocks because you feel so much healthier! On points I never ate any fruit because I could have a 2 point chocolate snack instead. Now I eat as much yummy fruit and carrots as i want. Also, barley is awesome in stews instead of pasta or rice! By the time I am done with the core foods I hardly want to spend my WPA's and don't even use my activity points.

Good luck!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #4  

Fluffy, I totally agree with GR8. I feel so much less worried on Core. I did Flex for 3 wks. and found myself doing the same thing not wanting to spend points-especially on my milk. So I switched to Core and that was back in January. I'm 49 and figured my metobolism has slowed down, but I have been able to shed 21 pounds in 3 months of Core and doing Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds videos. They are low impact walk/aerobics. The best part is I can do them anytime and don't have to go to the gym or count on the weather. Good luck in whatever you choose to do. So glad we're all in this journey together! Take care.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:40 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

I've lost 45 pounds on Core. It happened very easily as long as I was exercising. For medical reasons, I haven't been exercising and the weight loss has stopped but I have been able to maintain my loss by continuing to eat Core foods and following the plan. Good Luck!
Old 04-05-2006, 03:13 PM   #6  
jadedjane

I've had HUGE success with core. I lost 165 pounds and have maintained for the past 2 months, though I did have a bit of trouble figuring out how to NOT lose any more weight (sheesh - lol there's an issue I never though I'd have to deal with).

My personality type is a little on the lazy side, and I have no portion control / inner "full signal" so core works for me. I knew from day one that I'd be one of those kind of ppl that horde points all day long so I could eat a big greasy burger and fries instead of learning how to manage my points throughout the day to meet my nutritional needs without going over my daily points allowance.

On core, the first two weeks was kind of strange. It was hard for me to believe that I could eat all that food and still manage to lose weight. After that it was pretty smooth sailing. One habit I've picked up from being on CORE is to shop core.. keep a core refidgeration and a fully stocked core pantry with very limited "treats". I could rech into my fridge blindfolded and guarantee that whatever I grabbed would be okay to eat.

What I learned from being on core is that I really do have an inner "full signal". It took alot of time for me to learn to pay attention to my body, and sometimes I still miss it and overeat - but I am human after all - lol the Core plan was a lifesaver for me
Old 04-06-2006, 10:52 AM   #7  

Jadedjane ,that is a great loss!I don't know why it scares me to switch over,I did core for a short time but since i went back to WW I have been doing flex.I got to the grocery store to buy some CORE staples and changed my mind on the spot.Eventually i am going to just do it.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:44 AM   #8  
Kim

I started doing core again March 1st and have lost 7.5 pounds. I'm extremely pleased with it as I haven't been exercising and I've eaten as much as I want. I'm never hungry and sometimes I even stuff myself and I've still managed to lose. I have a tendency to binge on certain foods so I've used my flex points on almonds (15 per day) and Blue Bunny fudgelite bars (for when I get a chocolate craving) 2 of those are 1 point.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:48 AM   #9  
Kim

Jadedjane- Btw, did you lose the whole 165 on core? That is awesome! How long did it take? Did you exercise as well? That is very inspiring!
Old 04-07-2006, 05:23 PM   #10  
jadedjane

yes - I started on core, hit maintainence 2 months ago on core and lifetime the week before last.. all core all the time *chuckles* my leader calls me the core queen as a good portion of the members at my meeting have switched to core and seen good sucess
Old 04-07-2006, 05:24 PM   #11  
jadedjane

oh, and yes on the excercise. I used to just walk (the majority of weight was lost that way) but now I'm really getting a kick out of pushing my limits a bit more with cardio and strength training - mostly just because I can - lol
Old 04-07-2006, 06:20 PM   #12  
Kim

Well, you look great! That is awesome!
Closed Thread