UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:30 PM   #1  
Bling it on

Default Another Cambridge Dieter!

I have started the cambridge diet as of yesterday

I had been intent on doing the lighter life plan a few months ago, but there was no local consultants and the nearest one was over a hundred miles away. I did actually still contemplate doing it until I came to my senses and realised it was too far coupled with travelling and actual diet costs.

Anywho, seeing as I am pretty much at my wits end with this weight problem of mine, I decided to try the Cambridge diet and after making a call to speak to my nearest consultant found myself visiting her at home a short while later to pick up my 'diet packs' The consultant was really nice and explained the whole diet plan to me. I was very determined and so I now have 2 weeks supply of shakes and soups.

It is only my second day and I am already hating it. I am starving (literally) and keep thinking I can smell chips! I have no intention of using this diet long term, rather just to give me a very much needed 'kick start' and get into the routine of not eating junk. The good points of doing this are that it takes away the pressure of me deciding what I am going to eat as I make lists of 'menus' and then end up eating junk. The downside is that the soups and shakes taste disgusting........The shakes are very sweet and the soup is just plain horrid.

Heva has been really fantastic with advice and tips about the CD as I have pm'd her to pick her brains about it and she's been a star

I just hope I can keep this up as I need to lose this extra blubber!
pinklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #2  
Determined

Good luck, I know this must be really hard. How long do you plan on staying on it?
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:20 PM   #3  
Heather/Caterpillar

Hi
Do you not like the shakes/soups? I actually really like them, try making them with more water or using ice in the cold ones. I also add half a packet to a cup of coffee to make vanilla/mocha coffee. I also found the tetra briks too thick and sweet so I mix half with hot water to make a hot chocolate and sometimes add a spoonful of coffee. Yummy Yummy!!! Of the soups I find the vegetable one to be the most tasty...Unfortunately I've had to start having some dairy in the packs but there doesn't seem to be enough to upset my tummy!
It is hard the first few days but when your pants start feeling loose it is really addictive!
I'm glad I could be of help and that there is someone else on here who understands how desperate I am to get rid of the weight. You can always PM me if you need any help. I hope it gets better for you, just wait until you can get on the bars (after 2 weeks)...they have REAL choccie on them and they are actually nice!
Heather x
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:14 PM   #4  
Bling it on

I'm going to stay on it till I feel strong enough to know I can lose weight by healthy eating and not lots of chips, chocolate and crisps!
I had one of the 'tetra brik' milkshake cartons before and they are actually quite nice.
Thanks for the tips Heva! I am going to try the vegetable soup tommorow. I HATED the chicken and mushroom one. I cant wait to have the cereal bars-They will be a godsend!
Part of me feels ashamed that I have resorted to this-I just cant trust myself to do this alone. I know how easily I fall off the wagon and end up bingeing. I know that doing something like this will help me get on the right track and hopefully, stay there!!!!!
Heva-Dont forget that you can also pm me if you ever need to . You are a great inspiration! xx
Old 04-06-2006, 04:12 PM   #5  
Heather/Caterpillar

Oh don't worry, most people hate the chicken soup!!!
Old 04-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #6  
Heather/Caterpillar

Oh yeah and I put progress pics on the DH site.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #7  
Bling it on

I'm gonna check them out Heva! Have you had many cravings? I feel like I could kill someone for some chips! xx
Old 04-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #8  
Heather/Caterpillar

Yeah, I want sausages which is so odd for a veggie!!! I even had a brief craving for Maccy Ds which is somewhere I haven't been in years!
Old 04-06-2006, 06:50 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heva2015
Oh yeah and I put progress pics on the DH site.
Your sig link doesn't work. I wanna see pics! I thought it was as there were two 'https' in the link but using one doesn't work either.

Ooh I'm in! this link works for me and I can see the difference.

Hope it gets better for you soon pinklady. I need a major kick (re)start I am so unhealthy I hate it.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:31 AM   #10  
Bling it on

Veggie-I know exactly what you mean. Thats the point I was (and still am) at. I cant even get up one flight of stairs without getting really out of breath and many people at work have noticed. I am also constantly tired. I only work till 3:00, yet when I get home I just want to crash out on the sofa and not move until bedtime! I just feel like I have no energy and I am wasting my life this way. I need to do this so I can start being a normal 26 year old who can go out an do things instead of keeping myself locked indoors because I am embarrased of my size.
The thing with me is that I just love food. I am ceratinly not one of these women who claim that they have no idea how they put weight on because they dont eat. I could eat anyone under the table! I love roast dinners, chocolate, curry, spaghetti bolognese....basically everything I shouldn't! So in that repect, I think any diet plan I followed would be difficult. I am now in my third day of the CD and still hungry, but looking forward to my weigh in on wednesday!
I tried some of the milkshakes in the cartons called 'tetra briks' and I quite like them. Going to try the veg soup later............
Thanks for all being typically fab on this subject. Love ya all! xx
Old 04-07-2006, 11:57 AM   #11  

I hate Heva. I can't believe you've *only* lost a stone and a bit. I'd like to know how you managed to lose so much off your tummy!!!! My tummy fat is the absolute last to go!

You're a star!

Pinklady, the first weeks (and days) of any diet is horrible. You spend all the time thinking about, seeing and smelling foods you shouldn't have. It is really hard.

Try getting some nice aromatherapy oils to support you and to help you concentrate on other smells, it helps me.= anyway.

A lot of your favourite foods can be healthized (yep made up word) you can make decent low fat curries, roasts and spag bol. I give myself a treat once or twice a week and allow a dessert or chocolate bar. I know it's not relevant for you yet, but it might plan to start thinking about how you will reintroduce "normal" food once this is over.

One of the things I do now is have Sunday lunch out. We do this nearly every week. Then its portion controlled and you can't deliberately on purpose cook more potatoes than you need and pick at them for the rest of the afternoon etc etc.

There's lots of ways to manage compulsive eating, and you will get the hang of it. i never ever thought I could lose weight, and here I am!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:26 PM   #12  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I read somewhere that the smell of vanilla helps curb cravings. I know you can buy vanilla patches but if you can't find them then perhaps you could make up your own with some vanilla essence.

Heva - Those pictures are brill - there really is a difference! Well done.

Like Kyk says, its just finding a way to cook all your familiar foods but in a low fat/healthy manner. I have roast dinners at least twice a week (cos they're DH's favourite) and I had curry last night. I haven't had spag bol yet because we don't eat much pasta but when I do I like it with a tomato sauce with tuna and olives.

TBH I have nothing but admiration for you CD ladies - it must take a huge amount of willpower not to eat. I know I couldn't do it, I like eating too much.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:50 PM   #13  
Gym'll fix it!!

Congratulations Heather you look great

pinklady it must be so hard but keep going
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #14  

Ms Cat please could you post more. Thank you.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #15  
Bling it on

Thanks girls! Just having support from you all makes me feel so much better. I know we are all in the same boat in one way or another and the fact that we can all relate to each others 'weight loss suffering' makes things that much more bearable! xx