Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 11:51 AM   #1  
25 pounds down

S/C/G: 210/185/127

Thumbs up Great Recipe for lasagna!

I found a T.V. Show on FOOD NETWORK (cable) there's a show called Weigh IN and it's almost exactly like the W.W. But the good thing is they have a website and you can view what was on the show if u miss it. They also have great recipes from each show. This is one great idea!! Try it for ur self

Lasagna

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 leek, cleaned and sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1/2 cup sliced fennel
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
2 (14-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped
4 whole-wheat lasagna noodles, cooked as directed on package
1 (4-ounce) package feta cheese, drained
3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and garlic and saute until
translucent, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add zucchini and the fennel and saute for another minute. Add
artichoke hearts and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and then add oregano. Stir and remove from
heat.

Cover the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch pan with 1 cup of the tomato mixture. Top with 2 lasagna noodles.
Top with half of the remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Add remaining 2 lasagna
noodles and top with remaining tomato mixture.

Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before
serving.

Serves : 8

Nutrition Information
Calories 195 Fat 9 grams
Saturated Fat 4 grams Carbohydrates 20 grams
Fiber 4 grams
Old 04-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #2  
25 pounds down

S/C/G: 210/185/127

Just Thought I would add to this I made it last nite it was very tastey!! I didnt use the Fennel or Leek I used olive's instead ! It u love artichoke's in a bottle u'll love this! It's really fillin and good, I found I was done Preparing the dish by no time at all. U gotta try it
Closed Thread