South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 06:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Chick Chat

Hurray, it's Thursday, one more day to go til the weekend!
I'm doing the happy dance today because I just got to move my ticker down 2 lbs! I probably shouldn't gloat, but it's been so hard for me lately and I feel really proud of myself. Just thinking of summer and revealing clothes finally scared me into getting back on track again.
Not much going on today, I plan to stop in to say "Happy Birthday" to my Dad after Curves, then I'll be babysitting the rest of the day. The darned mulch guy didn't get here until 5:45 yesterday, after telling me they'd be here at 2! He said the weather put him behind schedule. Now it's supposed to rain for the next few days, so I don't know when I'll be able to start spreading it on my beds, but at least I have it.
Chicken Enchiladinis are on the menu for tonight. I didn't have any cottage cheese to make them yesterday and didn't feel like running back out for it, but the chicken is cooked and shredded already so I can throw it together before I leave for work.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:30 AM   #2  

Default Thursday chat

Mornin' chickies! Time for coffee!!!!! It's been such a crazy week for me, and I need to get to work a little early, so this will be quick. Went completely nuts on food yesterday - our director brought in donuts, and that started it off. But, I guess the good news is that I went dancing last night, so that burned off some of the cals. Today will be a better day. What's up with y'all? Will check in later.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:32 AM   #3  

Mornin' Cottage. You and I started threads at the same time - I'm sure someone will combine them. Have a great day!
Old 04-06-2006, 07:07 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jana and Cottage.

As Weezle would say, ugh! Yesterday was one of "those" days when everything went wrong. Today just has to be better. I did finish my taxes though and also got three bulls eyes at darts last night! Nobody was more amazed about that than I was.

This morning, I am off to the Greenhouse to pot tiny plants that came in yesterday. That's not as much fun as planting special order containers but is a task that just has to be done.

My poor Girls are feeling a bit neglected after spending yesterday in daycare and being on their own last night. I have book club tonight but will spend the afternoon with the poor darlings. Ask me if they are spoiled!

What's happening in your piece of The Beach?
Old 04-06-2006, 07:43 AM   #5  

The Cawfee is a Perkin and the Tea Kettle's a Whistlin and I'm poppin the top fer Wezzies Diet Coke! So Come git yer Caffeine Chicks!!!

Cottage: on movin that scale down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jana: Donuts!!!! SATAN's SNACKS Glad you got to work it off!!!!!!

Sarahslacker:
Wow you are our Nature Gal!!!! Enjoy a toasty sleeping bag, a hot fire and long hikes for us!!!

Pearsydew:
A big Wwwweigh 2 Go on that 5 pound loss!!!!

Jazztap10:
Quote:
My scale broke on me (I dont like saying 'I broke my scale') a couple weeks ago and I still haven't gotten around to getting a new one.
THAT's RIGHT, dem dare scales are sneaky leetle creatures!

Wezzie:
1.5 mile Run ! You are Doin AWESOME! Fingers on Chicos for ya Chica!

and Mrs Crocky!!! Down 2 pounds FANTABULOUS Dahlink!!!!

Stephie: hope you made time for YOU and YOga

Picata!!!

Jenn1017: HI Jenn!!! You look simply SMASHING in yer Avatar! Spring in DC I bet the Cherry Blossoms are GOHJIS!!!!

Soon: 7.5 inches !!!! WHAT that is FRIKKIN FABU!!!! I get my measurements taken on the 10th..and there DANG well better be a change!

Batmom:
Did I read somewhere that you ran 7.5 K??? U GO GIRL

BB: ust: fer ya darlin! :hugs: maybe get some of that snacking crunchy celery? ta hellp?

Barb:
How much to pull the batteries outta that pager?? you need a VACATION !!!!!

CRK: Duke!!!! You are such a SCHMAHTY!!!!! Congrats to you! I'm about ohhh a half hour or so from there! Go Blue

Hmm I wonder if Ruthie is having cawfee looking out fogged windows still

Nuthin new to report from Schatziworld...today is cleaning day Want to have everything ship shape so that I can paint up my new flower boxes and bird houses and not feel guilty .. I think I will be on the Poop Away the Pounds Plan today.. yesterday me and a galpal went shopping for crafts and she insisted that I try these things called Pupuchews.. sounds like 'papooses" ...Shes originally from Honduras and found this "roach coach" that specializes in latino foods (not mexican) .. its this corn flour dough ( BAD BAD!!!!) that inside is a layer of shredded pork and some very light/scant goat cheese .. The put it on a hot gridle (no oil) and sear it.. then you put this cole slawy stuff on it with this Frikkin taste bud sizzlin chili sauce... iieeeeeee 2222 hot fer me!!!! Anyway, I tried it.. It was "okay" ..We then went to the Farmers Market, she bought me a honey stick, of honey made locally from bees makin honey on fall wildflowers.. Well it's been sooo long since I had any real sugar I swear I got High, and giddy gigglin off the stuff... Then I had Cuke and Onion Salad for dinner... Today m.u.s.t b.e. g.o.o.d g.i.r.l!!!!

Okay.......... ALLL AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a Sunshiny Day alllllll
Old 04-06-2006, 07:46 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

UGH, indeed! I will NEVER get used to Daylight Savings Time!!! I'm tiiiirrrrreeeeddd. (Whinnnneeeeeee I know, I know.) Thanks for opening my diet coke for me, Schnatzo. I need it.

Ruthie, sorry to hear that you had one of those days yesterday too. Hopefully today will be better.

Cottage, congrats on another 2 lbs! WOO HOO!

Jana, you getting weather today too, or just Springfield? You all thought I was kidding about the dark storm cloud that's always over my head. Storms, likely some severe, all day today and all night tonight, then isolated storms tomorrow. Hurrah. Looks like I'm running indoors today.

Well, gotta finish getting ready for work. Hope you all have a great day!

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 04-06-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:52 AM   #7  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning chicks! Yesterday was a rough day for me. My grandmother had an appointment with her heart doctor. She has been having these "spells" where her chest feels heavy and she has pain go up both arms and in her jaw. We've been telling her she needs to see her dr. but she's so stubborn. She knew he would order her to have another heart cath. Her last one was in 99' and they're only suppossed to be good for 6 years. Anyway, after explaining what's been going on the doctor called the hospital and told them to save a bed. He also had taken xrays and said he didn't like what he saw. He told her she had a major heart attack on the way unless they did something to prevent it. So, yesterday they took her in right away and did a heart cath. She had 85% blockage on her right side. This morning they're going back in and doing the left side and fixing the old one from 99'. It has skin and gunk built up all around it. This is what she was dreading and I'm sure it can't be pleasant but it's long overdue! I stayed at the hospital with her last night til 9:30 when my aunt arrived. She drove from Hendersonville, NC.(10hr drive) Please keep her in your prayers today!

Ruth~Way to go on the 3 bullseyes! Hey, when I die I wanna come back as your dogs! They've got it made with a Mom like you!

Jana~I feel ya on the "going nuts with food" cause last night when I left the hospital I was starved so I stopped at the Wawa and got an italian sub, chips and a mocha cappacino(sp?). I was miserable when I got home. I felt physically ill! WHen will I learn? I plan on starting ph1 over on monday.

cottage~ Enjoy your enchiladinis! I sure did! Good luck on getting your mulch spread! When you're done could ya stop by my place and do mine?

If I missed anyone I'm sorry. Have a great day girls. I'll try to check in later. Tara~
Old 04-06-2006, 08:02 AM   #8  

Ruth - I've got the same fogging problem with a couple of my windows, but haven't gotten them replaced yet. Enjoy your quality time with the girls.

Schatz - LOL. Maybe that's a new section they could put on the site here...the "roach coach" diet. I've never had a good experience with one of those - finally had to give them up.

Weez - We are supposed to get bad weather here this afternoon and into this evening. Thank god I've got an extra umbrella stashed in my desk - I forgot to bring one to work with me. Hope this won't be as bad as the other storms lately.

Tara - So sorry to hear about your grandmother. It's a good thing you guys got her to the doctor when you did. We'll be thinkin' about you and keeping you all in our prayers.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:01 AM   #9  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning all;
Ruth: do you get your new windows soon then? I get mine in the next two weeks. We have some that are so old they are only 1 pane of glass, and don't open. If there was fire and you were in this room you would have to break the window. Can't wait to open windows.
Schatzi: Open a diet coke for me too please. That to is my morning drink of choice. Not a coffee drinker.
Cottage: WOO HOO 2 pounds way to go.
Tar: Will keep your gm in my prayers. She will fine now I am sure, thanks to gd like you to keep an eye on her.
Jana: Have a good day at work
Weezle: Go on the running. I fit in 10 mins on treadmill last night. Just feel better knowing you get it done.
As for me today: Treadmill, then sunny and in mid 70's, do some house cleaning, and plant some plants I got marked down at walmart yesterday. I plan on staying home and piddling around today. Have to get so much done, just going to spend about 1/2 hour decluttering in some rooms today. Then I won't get over whelmed at the mess.
Well, breakfast and pill time. check back later.
Have a great day chicks.
Cathy
Old 04-06-2006, 09:03 AM   #10  

Morning ladies! ........ all's quiet on my beach today -- and freezing! I had no intentions of getting out of bed this morning, but I think someone would have noticed if I hadn't come to work. Maybe.

Holding steady on weight this week, despite eating out last night at Bugaboo Creek (I don't mind the singing animals, but why must the wait staff join in? There must have been six birthdays in there). I've decided that when I eat out, I will get lean beef cuts, because I can make any kind of chicken and fish for myself but can't be trusted not to sear beef into oblivion. It was yummy! But if my last night out is any indication, I'll be paying for those steaks with gastronomic woes!

Tonight, though I plan to make turkey tacos with WW tortillas. Does anyone have a homemade taco seasoning trick? I haven't found any ready-made packets without added sugar and starches....

Have a nice day everyone!
Old 04-06-2006, 09:22 AM   #11  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

here's some taco seasoning for ya Sunlit

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

mix together, add slowly to meat with some water, just do by taste
Old 04-06-2006, 09:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 196/187/160

Morning Ladies!

It's going to be a quick post for me today. I'm up to my ears in paperwork that needs my attention - I've been putting it off for the past few days, and I'm afraid the boss man will start to notice.

I was naughty last night, I made some cookies (definitely not SB friendly, although I did use whole wheat flour and splenda but it the recipe still called for brown sugar) and of course I couldn't resist. I gobbled down 5 of them! Yep, 5! I'm chaulking it up to TOM arriving yesterday and leaving it at that - and starting fresh today. I was so good all day yesterday until I ate that. Oops. (But I must say they were delish!)

And given all that - the scale is only up 1.5lbs today, so I can live with the slip up. (And I'm hoping the gain is due to TOM). But I think that's asking a little much. I was naughty and deserve NO mercy!!

Okay back to work! Sorry I didn't post invidual replies, I should be able to later today or tomorrow I PROMISE!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!

Oh - I finally got around to posting my bio in the bios sticky - incase anyone is interested.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:31 AM   #13  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

ok so my ticker is lying by at least 1 maybe 2 lbs, what the??? not entirely lying though b/c I was at 123 on weigh in day jsut not any day since....

made my enchiladini's last night, super yummy but this morning dh dropped the leftovers all over the kitchen floor....what a mess!

ack who's eating donuts??? my college roomate and I decided that donuts were for fat people, your weight didn't matter, you could eat a 1/2 gallon of ice cream and that was ok but DONUTS were for fat people, lol. To this day I will occassionally get the confessional voicemail..."I ate a donut", no names left but I know
Old 04-06-2006, 09:40 AM   #14  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hi chickies!! I'm getting another late start today so just a quick hey to everyone. I'm 2# today but my fingers are swollen. IT must be water becuase I was good ecept for drinking only 5 glasses of water. Well, have a fabulous day chicks!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:01 AM   #15  

Awesome, thanks, Batmomm. Luckily, I have all those things due to my roommate's belief in kitchens well-stocked with spices!
Closed Thread