View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 07:09 AM   #13
Glasgowgirl

Dear Tracy,

I agree with everyones comments especially campbellredhead...when you have anxiety disorders and things along that line its important that you have a health care professional in any stream that youa re completely comfortable with. I have had Chronic anxiety disorder for about 10 years now...mine gets so bad sometimes that I will hyperventilate and pass out..usually I only get them now when I am upset...but they used to happen all the time in stores and everything, I got so I could barely leave my home at times. Ive tried Kava Kava and it took the edge off a little and I also tried some chamomile tea at night to relax me so that I could get some sort of sleep. But all the drugs, drs, and meds will only help you manage the issue, it wont really solve the problem. Everyones situation is different I understand that and you have to do what works for you. Personally, I had to rearrange my life..I had to come up with strategies that would help me function daily without causing me stress (such as making my lunch the night before so I am not rushed and flustered in the AM)..I know that sounds so stupid and elementary but changing small things really helped me get organized and take control. I also had to eliminate things from my life that made me feel out of control. I wish you all the best, I know its a struggle...but please hang on this is not an easy thing to go through...but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Take care of yourself.
Glasgowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote