Old 03-28-2006, 07:26 PM   #1  

Default Nobody laugh...

So I started using psyllium husks Sunday night. Monday morning all was "good". Last night, however, I looked into the bowl and saw something that looked distinctly wrong. Now it could be just the psyllium husks, but it concerned (read panicked) me. NO, THIS IS NOT FUNNY

So, I flew to the grocery store and bought something called a Whole Body Clense. I have never thought about doing something like this before, but YOU WEREN'T IN THAT BATHROOM!

I started the WBC last night. Everything seems "fine" now. However, my ketostix have gone from the small range to unbelievably dark. Could this be because of the WBC or, on day 10 am I really just getting there (eating the same as last week but upped my veggies).
BaileySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:20 PM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

Really dark ketostix either means you are getting there or it could mean you haven't been drinking enough water or that you are eating a lot of fat. Probably by day ten you are getting there. I'm not sure what you saw that was "wrong", but what does the whole body cleanse do? more than the psyllium? I've used psyllium before in a product called "Per Diem" and it is enough for me, I wouldn't want to use something else on top of that.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Goal 130

How much psyllium are you (were you) taking?
cindy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

ok, Im curious....what made you panic?
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:41 PM   #5  

Thanks Sherry. Maybe all the fiber is sucking up all my water so everything else is more concentrated.

I took 1 tsp psyllium husks Sunday night and another Monday morning. Maybe that is too much.

For the depravedly curious, imagine a skiny long brown worm being eaten by a translucent tan jellyfish. Hmmmm...
Old 03-29-2006, 08:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Don't panic, it's just the fiber. Remember that fiber comes in 2 forms soluable and insoluable. Psyllyum husks are the insoluable type. Read the label-what does it say is the dose? I don't think 2 t. would be too much.

Quote:
http://www.expertfoods.com/FAQ/fiberbasics.php
Physiologically, insoluble fiber is the roto-rooter of the intestinal tract and tends to speed up passage through the body. Anything that adds bulk to the stuff traveling though your intestines makes peristalsis easier.
Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:10 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

oh, ok,so call me depravedly curious or helpfull....whatever, that sounds about normal. Especially if you have just started taking it. I have one tsp everyday in my protein shake, and I love how good it makes me feel. What I eat in a day will change what I "find" in the bowl. I dont think you have anything to worry about at all.

Last edited by RobinW; 03-29-2006 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #8  

Sarah - thanks! It probably was too much.

Robin - I am sorry! I just reread my post and I did not mean to call you anything but helpful. It is just so embarassing and I have a very sarcastic sense of humor. I need to start using the little smiley guys since you can't hear the tone of my voice. YOU ARE VERY HELPFUL!!!!! Thanks so much for you help. Hope all is well. <hugs>
Old 03-29-2006, 01:17 PM   #9  
Lovin' Life

not a problem
Old 03-29-2006, 04:50 PM   #10  
Susan hockeyfan7

In all the time I have been doing Atkins and for the entire 145 lbs, I never turn the sticks any darker than small. Maybe I'm just weird.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:52 AM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

ever notice how you find corn in yor bowl?? or peas? these things are like rice they will swell so you must make sure you drink extra water. they say 2 8 oz of water with each dose.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 05:05 PM   #12  
Somethin's gotta give

lol- dont worry- I do colonix colon cleanse once a year and what you saw ( dont freak) was probably a parasite....most people have them, everything from round worms to hook worms to intestinal flukes ( a kind of small worm) my colon cleanse has anti parasitic pills and I've seen some scarey things!But better out of you than in you eh?
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:52 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

EEEWWWWW I have seen meny a pile of sh## in my day more than most people have imangined and never seen that. excpet from my dog and that looked like a pile of spaghetti squirming around!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #14  
Somethin's gotta give

LOL! No you wouldnt see it without a cleanse because these worms have either hooks, sacs, or a chemical stickiness that they use to adhere to the inside of your bowels....until they are killed, they wont dislodge.Once they die they get pushed out....if you want to find out about it go to Drnatura.com- Im on another fitness site and we have a group of about 20 of us who do different kinds of organ cleanses.....
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

Thanks for the heads up I was thinking of doing a colon cleanse, and now wonder if I really want to know what I have been harboring(LOL). I suppose it is better out then in. Judy
Born2run2 is offline   Reply With Quote