Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 12:18 PM   #1  

Default #136 Let's End the Year With a Bang!

Hi everyone..I can hardly believe that it's the middle of October!! Before we know it, the New Year will be approaching!

I know we all have our small goals that we like to set. Though I rarely make mine (that will change!), the goals keep me focused.

I think it would be great if we all set a goal to start off Year 2002 together. We could call it the New Year Challenge. Almost 11 weeks away...let's set a 11 lb goal. Sure, some of us lose fast, some lose slow. But I figure with the holidays, it will be tough for all of us.

I will start a thread for the challenge...but in the mean time, let's keep up with our closest goals too..Halloween and Thanksgiving.

I won't go into how I did last night, it's all in black and white on the weekly challenge thread (very ugly) lol

But I walked today..and feel awseome!

By the way..I will be updating the group losses today.

Hope you are well and smiling...
Old 10-17-2001, 03:01 PM   #2  

Hi Jennifer- glad to see you back posting so much. It looks like your most recent move has really been the best for you girl.

I had the fun this week of getting sick again. They thought something might be wrong with my feeding tube so I had to stop using it until it was checked. Since I couldn't hold anything down that I tried to eat I went over 40 hours with only 150 calories (and about 4 ounces of water- yikes!). It still amazes me that I can do that and not get hungry- this stomach disorder is just so strange. I honestly don't know if I would even recognize what 'hunger' is any more.

I did talk with my dietician and she lowered my calories some on the new formula she wants me to try. Now I only have to get to 1900 calories so I am not freaking out as much. I just hope this other formula works out for me because the one I am on is $80 per day- the new one with be under $200 for the entire MONTH! I still am not doing much activity wise- hopefully I can start back with Pillates this week and regain some of the muscle I have lost.

Take care,
Christine
Old 10-17-2001, 08:57 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!!! Well I am still OP!! It was hard to stay OP after I wieghed in. I've been in the mood to eat everything in site!!! But I know tomorrow I will not be OP, so I am trying to stay OP today and Friday - Sunday. Jacob's party is Saturday, so this may be a tough one!!

I had 2 people tell me today that I looked like I lost weight!! Yipppeee!! That alone could keep me OP!!

Christine - Wow, what a price difference in the 2 formulas!! I sure hope that the new one works out for you!! When are you starting on it?

Jennifer - Thanks for strarting the New Years challenge!! Your so good!!!
Old 10-18-2001, 12:47 AM   #4  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Well I've had an eventful past couple of days...found a lump in my left breast two nights ago, yesterday as soon as I rolled out of bed, I called the local womens clinic, and made an apointment, for today, I went for the full woman's checkup...what fun... and the doctor had a hard time even finding the lmp, she said it is a very deep cyst, but definately not cancer... she put me on 800 iu of vitamin e daily, and I have to go back in 3-5 weeks for a new checkup, to see if it dissolves...if not, I'll have to go to the hosp, and have a sonogram on it, and possibly have it cut out.

sandi: Great going staying OP...wish I could get myself together... good luck resisting at the party :-)

Christine: I feel for you, really, I hope things start turning around for you soon, even in some small way, has to be better than what you've been through recently.

Jenniffer: I think we've all had THOSE days, the hard part is bouncing back from them...but I'm sure you will, just like I KNOW that tomorrow is going to be the beginning of the end of my little slump :-)
Old 10-18-2001, 07:45 AM   #5  

This challenge sounds great to me!!! I think I will just aim for the end of the year challenge since I haven't really thought about the closer ones.

PNB-Glad you got good news on your lump. I also have a cyst that they "watch" from year to year. Makes me a little nervous

Jenniffer-You sound good!! I have missed being here with you guys.

Elaine
Old 10-18-2001, 09:09 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone..I have a question...

WHERE IS EVERYONE? The winter is approaching and everyone seems to get a bit busier...but we need you..so get ya'll booties in here. lol

Christine..Hope things start to look better for you. Maybe the new formula will work out great for you..I sure hope so. You definitly need a break. Stupid question right now, but, what is going on with school?

JacobsMommmy..Compliments!! WOOHOOOO! That is the BEST medicine to keep us motivated and inspired. Stay strong girlie..you can survive the party. Have fun, enjoy yourself..and don't stress the food. Drink tons of water, and you'll be fine.

PNG..Oh, I am so happy to here that is only a cyst. How scary though. Does it hurt at all? How are you feeling? You seem a bit better now..

teach..I too think I will just aim for the "BIG one"..the New Year. But maybe just maybe I will be able to reach it and beyond. I personally am actually shooting for 10 lb loss before my bday, on December 2nd. Shouldn't be impossible for me, if I am strict, haven't had a nice loss in awhile. I've missed ya too, I've just really gotten back into posting. Personal stress, weight gain, a bit of depression and crazy work hours has kept me away. How is everything going with you?

Well, I did okay yesterday, but I could have done better. I want to drink a gallon of water today. Want to flush the fat away today (ha ha ha)...I know it will make me feel better.

The colors here are absolutly gorgeous. Not sure if the rest of the world has fall colors like NY does...it's breathtaking.
Old 10-19-2001, 11:58 AM   #7  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

I'm doing pretty OK, Ravyn is going to gawpaws for 2 whole days...ahhhh.... I can hear the silence already...hehe

The lump was pretty scary for me, my mom had cancer, not breast cancer though, very young, so I am REALLY nervous when anything isn't right. I started my vitamins yesterday, the APN said it would be a good idea to take the vitamin e daiy, for the rest of my life, as an extra barrier for any bad cells I may have floating around. I won't be invincible, but right now, I'm doing everything possible to keep myself around for a while :-D

How is everyone else doing today? the boards seem so quiet lately, even other boards I go to.... Like someone had a party and forgot to invite me...LOL This is coming into my PRIME time for fitness and "diet" we have holidays, and plenty of time to hide under big sweaters and heavy long pants, while we work away some of whats holding us down...next sumer we can jump out of our winter clothes, maybe a few sizes smaller, and ready to shw off just a llittle bit more :-)
Old 10-19-2001, 12:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 380/262/180

Talking Luking out of the closet!

HIDY HO!!!

Hi everyone,

My name's Michelle. I've been lurking around in the 100 lb. threads for quite some time, trying to find where my niche could be. You all seem like such a great bunch. Mind if I join in on your New Year's Challenge?

I go into the chat room alot, but I don't think I know any of you from there. Anyway, I work for Michigan State University (Go Green!) full time, I attend Lansing Community College part time and I have a 2 year old daughter, Katelyn.

Last fall/winter I lost around 50 lbs, but it all came back really quickly when I started having some stress problems. Now, I'm topped over 300, I think I'm 303-304 or so . I have a long journey ahead of me, and would really like to meet some people to share that with and make it enjoyable as much as possible.

Anyhow, I hope everyone's having a good day! I'll yack at ya again soon...

Michelle
Old 10-19-2001, 02:22 PM   #9  
beautiful

well, 7 weeks to go!! i can't wait to get this over with. i am so miserable. i am uncomfortable and in pain 24/7. things are going well though. b/p was 118/62 and i have gained 22 pounds all together. i am sooo humiliated. i have to go have a fasting blood sugar taken on monday morning because it was 10 points over the limit for my 3 hour gtt. my 1 hour result was 3 points from being abnormal. the 2 and 3 hour were within normal limits. my midwife said if this result is abnormal i will be put on the 1800 calorie ADA diet. she said it should curb the weight gain a little bit (i lost with dillon but gained it all back in the final 3 weeks). i don't understand it because i am not eating anymore than i usually do but i have found it is harder to get around. i feel like a two toed sloth most of the time so i dont know why i have gained soooo much weight. i thought i was 32 weeks but she said i'm 33. she had to double check because i was measuring large so i think we are going to have another big baby. but anyway. i go back in 2 weeks.... on november 2nd.

dillon is doing good. he has learned some new words (cookie, candy, book) and has only been to speech therapy 2 times. he is getting sooo big too.

i am really sorry that i dont post much anymore. i hardly have any energy to much these days. i miss you all so much though and i think about you every day. congrats to all the losers and welcome to all the newbies!! hope you all have a great OP weekend!!
Old 10-19-2001, 04:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Boo!!!!

I have not checked in lately. Lets see oh around 3 to 4 months. It has been an exciting 4 months though. I have lost a total of 13 pounds since I started in TOPS now. But I will not be losing to much in the next 5 months. You see I am going to have a baby around March 18th. I am so excited. I will post more later but I just wanted to let you all know I am still kicking around in North Dakota.

Tamara
Old 10-19-2001, 11:09 PM   #11  
beautiful

Default icewoman!!!!!!

OMG!!!! *jumping up and down* I can't believe it!!! i am so excited for you!!!! this is soooo great!! how are things going with the pregnancy? you better be taking care of yourself. keep us posted on your appts and stuff.
Old 10-22-2001, 08:49 AM   #12  

ICEWOMAN!!!!!!!!!

Tamara, first of all, *HUGE HUGS* and second of all, CONGRATS!!!! That is wonderful!!!! And third of all, we've missed you like crazy!!!! Welcome back! And congrats on your weightloss!!!! I hope you plan on sticking around here even though your expecting a baby. jkfla is too and she has been doing wonderful, still posting and Jen just had her baby. So many babies around here..it's wonderful. Hope to see you often..you were such a special part of our group, it would be nice to have that back.

SpartanMom..Welcome Michelle. So happy you came out of lurkerville. It gets lonely out there sometimes. Of course you can join the New Years challenge. The more the merrier, and we would love to have you join us for the long haul too. It's a long road, but as you know it's possible. We've all learned the hard way that maintaining our weight losses is the hard part. I slipped some too when stress hit me, but am back and I know I can get back to where i was and beyond. So, make yourself comfy, post and read as much as you can...and you'll be melting in no time.

PNG..You seem to be doing better. I know cancer is such a scare. But you can never be too cautious. Your right, this is the time of the year that we really need eachother. It's so so easy and simple to give into this time of year and tell yourself you'll star again after the holidays. But we can't. We want to end the year on a lighter foot. Could you imagine the wonderful feeling that we all will have on New years Eve when were celebrating, that we battled the holidays, the bulge and we feel so much better? Ahh, that will feel so good!

jkfla..Girlie, it's just a matter of time. I know your feeling lousy, and you want this over with. But try to enjoy it as much as you can. Don't beat yourself up over gaining the weight. My sister gained a total of 65 lbs. She was miserable. Your doing fine. I hope your test goes well. So happy Dillon is doing well, that the speech therapy is helping.

I am doing pretty good. Had a semi-OP weekend. Pretty good actually for a weekend. Had a few parties to attend and stuff like that, it was nice. Hung out with this guy, that works at my job. He is actually the chef here. he is SO So cute, we had a good time. It felt good hanging out with a gorgeous man, LOL

My sister asked me to be my nieces god mother. I am so excited. I of course began to cry. I haven't exactly been a wonderful sister in the last 6 months. With her living so far away, and my life being quite the mess, I've been so pre occupied. But we talked about it, and she understands. She wants to have the baptism in March, so I will be flying out to California then. This gives me some more inspiration to lose this weight. It's gotta go. LOL

Hope everyone is doing well..let's have a wonderful OP week. I wanna see that darn scale move on Friday!!

Jennifer
250/was188/now204/165
Old 10-22-2001, 01:54 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Default Happy Monday Everyone!!!!

Jennifer - Congrats on being a godmother!!! That is too cool!!! California in March. Don't forget about our spring get-together! I really want to meet everyone! You go girl, hanging out with that gorgeous man!!!

jkfla - How nice to hear from you again! Hang in there sweetie!! It'll be here before you know it. Those last few weeks can be tough. 22 lbs doesn't seem like very much of a gain at all, I think I gained over 30 with Jacob. Don't worry about not posting much, just pop in when you can!!

icewoman - 13 lbs!! Way to go!! And Woo Hoo! Congrats on the pregnancy!! I just love little ones!!! Keep us posted.

spartanMOM - Welcome to our little group. I think we have all done the gain/lose thing!! Together we can do this!!

PNG 2 - You make me laugh - Like someone had a party and forgot to invite you!! (Hee Hee). So do you usually do really well around the holidays? This is when I usually give myself permission to go all out. After all it's the holidays right? I am hoping that with Hubby and I playing this game, this year will be different!!

teach93 - Glad to have you back!!

My weekend was...well...NOT OP. I took the "excuse" of the party and ran with it!! Oh, I did so bad. But it's Monday and we are back on track!!! There shouldn't be anything standing in my way between now and Thanksgiving, so I am setting a personal goal of 31 days OP!!!

Jacobs party went really well, I'll see if I can get some pictures posted on my photopoint site.
Old 10-22-2001, 03:01 PM   #14  
Long Time Member

Just went to fill up my water bottle and they have a bavarian cream coffee cake back there!!! OMG!!!! I need to be strong!!!!
Old 10-22-2001, 03:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 380/262/180

Smile

DONT DO IT!!!!!

I only have a sec, but dont' go after that coffee cake! It's evil!!! LOLOL

Hang in there JacobsMommy, "Just say no!"

I'll post more when I'm not sneaking on the net from work. Hope everyone is having a good OP day!!

Michelle
Closed Thread