Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 05:06 PM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default Chit Chat & Weight Loss #175

Hello and to anyone reading this. We're a supportive, caring bunch of ladies who share the events of our everyday lives as well as our on-going struggle with weight loss. Please pull up a chair and join us.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:06 PM   #2  
Give me strength

moonshine? good idea....
Old 04-03-2006, 02:26 AM   #3  
Closed

GOOD EVENING LADIES
I thought I would pop in before I headed to bed, Its been a fairly quiet day on here I see, everyone I guess is off doing things. Sorry Marti that you are feeling ill , I hope that you are feeling better soon I miss you on here Angie moonshine sounds good , after all we are Canadian Eh Ginny my clocks are fine its me who's a little off I did manage to get a lot done, I cleaned my fridge and freezer out, I painted my kitchen china cabinet and I finished some other painting in the kitchen, Tomorrow I hope to finish what needs to be done in there and I am one step closer to finishing this house.Its really the dreading that slows you down once you actually get to it its really no big deal. I am a little tired though , but I enjoy being tired from accomplishing something. Well goodnight girls we can catch up tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:36 AM   #4  
ugggg.....

DD is switching jobs so that she doesn't have to work third shift and that she can get back into a better sleep habit. DS had a great birthday weekend. I worked out in the yard yesterday raking. My arms are sore and my allergies are killing me. Going into work late today, just wanted to stop by. Moonshine---the town I grew up was small but some of the little burgs that had no traffic lights out farther made real good moonshine.
Ellen--DH says I can paint--just no purple kitchen walls (my favorite color)!

Hi to everyone!! Have to get going!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #5  
Give me strength

Jules, paint it a soft green and trim it in purple...he said no prurple walls,,,but didn't mention trim!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -
Totally don't remember all that was written on the previous thread! Something about Ang off her 12 step program in the basement making moonshine. Didn't invite me, whatEVAH!

I made it to Subway for the daily special and ate that with my venti while driving into work this AM. I started at 10 am and get off at 4 pm. So nice!
Rach and I watched Breakfast Club last night- ate cheap pizza and candy bars.We are both up in weight.She went to school ok this AM. I just called and she made it to second period! Amazing, lets see if she gets her tush to 3rd.

I better get to work, just wanted to say good morning and where is Jane & Cristi??????????????

Beautiful post Ellen. I was reading them yesterday with Gaby and she was thrilled with the clip art - lol- so cute.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:55 PM   #7  
Give me strength

Jules what does your DD do? Thats great about DS having a good birthday.
Ellen what do you plan to do after you are done your house? Start over? Thats what I did in my one house,,,finished all the rooms then started over with then kitchen...lol It took me years to do that though. And by the time I got back to decorating the kitchen it was in need.
My last free Monday...*sigh I don't want to go back to work, I liked being at home once I was able to move around. I have to take my sewing machine in for a service,,,was going to do it last week but its still in the back seat of my vehicle. Going to go clean that dirty vehicle too.
I have such a problem right now, I am stressed out, Brandon our 18 yr, is driving me nuts! I gave him a choice,,,abide by our rules or move out. He comes home all hours, sleeps all day then leaves again for whatever, he does have a job. But when hes home he makes a mess and expects us to clean up after him, or possibly doesn't care. I like neat and order, and to look at my house now you wouldn't know it. I just find it disgusting to find dirty dishes hidden under beds or chairs, dirty clothes, and food wrappers. I ask him to clean up after himself and that is met with ya when Im not in a rush to get to work,,,well you work at 4 pm, you should be up earlier to get your self organized. We asked him to save his money, put half his pay cheques in the bank for when hes in school,,,,so far he owes us $200. for bills hes made on his cell phone. And doesn't have any money 4 days after payday. He spent over $300 at the bar Friday night.... Im thinking if he moves out he will be having to spend his money on rent,,,not booze. He has had it too easy here and perhaps a learning experience of actually having to pay his way would be something he needs. Ladies some of you have son's that are older, can you give me some advice on what to do?
Old 04-03-2006, 02:56 PM   #8  
Closed

DEAR ANGIE
I had a similar problem last year with my son. As you know my DS has lived with me and helped me tremendously before and after my seperation and I love him dearly ,he is a sweet & kind person,BUTTTTTTTTTTTT....... last year he had broken up with long time girlfreind of 6 years and began dating another girl and I think you may remember a bit of the chaos which came with her.Now the situations may be different, but the outcome became the same. My DS went on such a downslide, he was disrupting my life to the breaking point and I said to him straighten up and and pull your weight around here or its time for you to leave. As much as I need him here I needed my sanity more. Well he and new girlfriend decided we will move in together , it will be easier splitting bills and we won't have to live by either parents rules. So last November with what seemed to be damaging distance between my son and I, he packed his things and left. Ah but was it so good out there about a month after the move , he was ready to say goodbye to girlfriend ,and come home, but I said no, so he stayed in the situation. Now they are still together , but he seems to have straightened himself up to someone I remember. Last month he came over and he wanted to run an idea past me OH OH . Mom I was thinking , maybe I could finish the basement into an apartment, and we could move in and help you out .Hmmmmm ,help who out ,I thought. I have been struggling with this decision for a few months now, It took me a long time to come to terms with this situation as it is now, and I don't know if I can take that leap of faith. So at this point its undecided. One thing I do know Angie , give them an inch they take a mile, now your son is a lot younger than mine, but they find out soon enough its hard out there , and when your on your own there isn't money for all the things they seem to think they should do. I think he will have no choice but to straighten up , if it comes to this all you can do is keep the communication open and your door guardedly open. I don't know why they always have to learn the hard way but they do. Unfortunately they think they know it all ,and nothing we do or say convinces them otherwise. You know Angie we just don't get, we have never been young , although if I had disrespected my parents that way I wouldn't be here talking to you now Maybe you will have to let him find out for himself what the world is all about on his own. I feel bad for you , since he is only 18 , I doubt councelling would work, I am not knocking councelling at all, but his problem is I think typical teenage rebellion .Either way you will blame yourself thats what we do. Maybe some of the other ladies have better advise, but thats my 2 cents anyways.

Last edited by Tea Rose; 04-03-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #9  
Give me strength

Ellen,,,thank you! I seriously was thinking I was loosing my mind here. I was in tears last night and today. Im tired today,,,,didn't sleep, Monte is angry with Brandon, (Monte doesn't get angry very often) Brandon's attitude was, well your (as in me) at home why can't you do more around the house. Im home cause I had surgery!
I left home at 17, I was just finished grade 11, but my home life was pretty bad, my parents were drinking heavy, partying it up. I got fed up after the 10th time the police were called for disturbance of peace. I was embarrassed of my family. I did well on my own, as in I finished school, and worked a full time job and paid my rent. Sure I went hungry alot of times, and had to walk miles to and from school/work cause I didn't have enough for a bus fair. But that was still better then being at home. The only regrest I have are, not furthering my education (its not too late I know)
I just knew last night when he called me a B* and said Ive been home why couldn't I have been doing all this,,,that there is no respect for me, our home.
I know that councilling wouldn't work cause at 18 he KNOWS way more then everyone. That stubborn teen mentality. I told Monte that ya I think its time he left home and really got a taste of life, and in a few months when he really understands our house rules he can come back.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good afternoon ladies...

Took a while to read and catch up on the posts on the other thread! You ladies have been busy, busy, busy posting away.

Had a nice day yesterday with V. Looked at a lot of open houses! Very nice models! But...they were small. The biggest majority of them were 2 bedroom homes which seems odd. There were only 2 that we saw that had 3 bedrooms but with the same sq. footage. Anyway...didn't really get any ideas for anything but it was nice to look. We know where to go if we lose the new house. Then came home and did some yard work. Not much to do except mow. Thankful for the recent rains we had because I don't have to water and the yard is soooooo green!

MARTI...hope you are feeling better today.

SUSAN...hoping Rachel makes it through the whole day of school. Pizza and candy bars huh? Sounds good to me! What kind of pizza and candy bars? Seems there was some talk of cheesecake and cheetos too! I was craving cheese puffs last week for some reason, never did get any though.

ELLEN...I get what you are saying. And no, it wouldn't be terrible if we didn't sell. I told V yesterday that I will miss this house a little when we move. When we bought, our plan was to stay here 10 years and then find something in the country. But we are leery about what will be built behind us. I do know though that the city is picky about what will go in anywhere. But at the same time...they built a motel behind some twin homes around the corner from us. Well, if you go through the houses it's about a mile away. But from the back of our house it's in the path of where they will be building more and if they tear the trees down that are over there then we would be able to see the motel which is behind the Goodwill store and a car dealership. That doesn't bother me because it's down the road but I am leery about what they will build, it's just a matter of time. And there was talk of a YMCA. but who knows...we just don't want to be here to find out.

KATY...your new addition may be a mess right now but just think of the pride you will have once it's done. It will be more special because DH did a lot of the work himself. That's what V plans on doing when/if we move to the new house to the basement. He'll do all the trim, electrical, drywall, carpet etc. but plans on hiring someone to do the taping and such. There is no specified date for the contingency. Figuring it coincides with the ending of the contract on the sale of our house which is June 4. Anyway, we didn't plan on having any showing this past weekend but had a call early Sunday morning for a showing at 2:30-3:30. So went ahead with it. Hoping to have an Open House next Sunday.

GINNY... glad you had a nice day of shopping.

JULES...glad DS had a nice 21st BD. Hoping DD gets a different job.

CONNIE...sending some goodvibes that the doc finds out what's wrong with your back and can do something for ya. : :

ANGIE...(((((HUS))))) sorry don't have any advice for ya. The boys get that way sometimes (messy-but it's mostly in their room and I just close the door) and I just tell them "You are more than welcome to move out anytime and pay your own bills." That usually straightens them up. But I've never had them call me a b*! And why do kids think because you are home that you have to clean up after them? Maybe it would be best if he moved out. I think that right there would be a big wake up call for him. Kids just don't appreciate what they've got until it's gone.

Hi SUE, JANE, MARYKATE, KATHY, and everyone else!

Oh Ellen, I don't have Pam's e-mail address. She hasn't posted here in ages! I was sending cards to her but not sure if I still have her snail mail address. Anyway...nothing much going on today. Getting some laundry done and just straightening the house. Going to get a couple of walks in as soon as I get off this thing-going to do 2-20 minute walks. And trying to get my water down today. Aiming for 3 bottles but since I haven't had any in a while will be happy if I get 2.I forgot to weigh in this morning until I got out of the shower. I did weigh with wet hair but know that's not correct so will WI tomorrow morning. Besides going to the TOPS meeting (was cancelled the last time I planned on going) tomorrow and if I join Tuesday will be my new WI day anyway. Anyway, trying to get back on track with my walking since the weather is getting nice. Need to get back to the park for sure! But for now, think I will go play around with my siggy and avatar!

Have a great day ladies!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 04-03-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #11  
kitty Momo

{{{Angie}}} I am sorry. No child should call their mother a * word. I have been called that by husbands and children alike. I am kind of immune to it now.
Coming from Tanner though just makes me pissed! Offer him help with the move in cost to his new home, minus the $200 he owes you, of course.

Cristi- It was just the cheapie Party Pizza that I picked up at Plaid, along with slurpees and candy bars and white cheddar puffs that Gaby fought me over. We had donuts for breakfats and yummy cheery filled/ glazed one and a maple bar. Just seemed to be naughty all day so why stop at night. I did have 2 beers too - lol

Ellen -I did go ahead and buy some size 12's at Value Village. Was getting so tired of not being able to breathe. lol

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-03-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

SUSAN...pizza is pizza and it all sounds good to me! And donuts?! Oh, you and Rachel have been very bad! I had a large orange cream slurpee yesterday and it was so good! That was my splurge. Of course all this talk of yummy goodies is making me want those cheese puffs now! Sounds like you girls had a nice "girls" weekend though so that is all good! And...I would die to be able to get in size 12's! Okay, so maybe I wouldn't actually die but ya know what I mean. Anyway, been on here long enough and I need to go get my walking in for the day. Going to start keeping track of that again and aim to do it 5-6 days a week. Wish me luck ladies!

Have a good day!
Old 04-03-2006, 04:18 PM   #13  
Closed

HI EVERYONE
WOW it started out such a beautiful day. it was 20 degrees and sunny, in the course of an hour it turned black windy and rainy. I had to run around close the windows and collect my little fat kitty from outdoors , before she got rained on
Hi Jules Raking does take its tole on your arms I know, hope they are feeling better soon -Angie's right ,although I don't know if I would like my trims purple what about purple wallpaper , he didn't say anything about wallpaper did he MEN ARGGGGGGGG ...I look at this way if I'm doing the painting ,no one best be telling me what to do I do hope your having a great day.

Hi Angie this is the official post, the other was the advise column Yeah when I finish this house it probably will be time to start over, I think though I will be taking a long break , I want to catch up on my reading and just enjoy my solice, in case dear son comes home to roost at some later date.
WE LOVE THEM AND WERE SAPPY
IN RETURN THEY TURN OUT CRAPPY

boy am I rusty
WOW Angie that two weeks went fast didn't it, Ahh I wish you could stay home to.
you girls are quick as rabbits today, My home life was bad to Angie, one of the reasons I got married so young actually I was Brandon's age .I hope it turns out ok for everyone[/LIST]
HI SUSAN
We didn't invite you because it illegal didn't want to get you in any trouble , and you were doing so well with the Nyquil anyways. Glad you and Gaby enjoyed the clipart. Have a great day.

HI CRISTI... I really don't blame you , not knowing whats going in behind your property, problem is where there seems to be a lot of land around you, do you ever know what they will eventually do with it. There was one house 4 houses down from mine , which I looked at first , it was built actually before mine was and there was a nice empty peice of land beside it and the realtor assured me that it would never be built on ,well I didn't buy that house and a year later sure enough they built a house and the owner turned it into student housing That was a really close call. It used to be a bylaw that you couldn't have student housing in a residential area, because of it we lost so many neighbours, I just kept calling the police when the parties went on till 4 in the morn, and after enough calls and fines they eventually stopped, I guess that was a little off topic , I think Oh I lost track I'm tired I do hope whatever the outcome is you are happy where ever you are Have a great day.HI ALL YOU OTHER GIRLS HOPE YOUR HAVING A GREAT DAY , I will be back later I have some painting to do Arrrrrrrrg
Old 04-03-2006, 04:52 PM   #14  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jane~ I am not sure what the WIC dietician meant by switching him to 2%. I will keep him on the whole milk then if it has more fat in it.

Ellen~ Thanks for the hugs. It will be a rough time to get every thing moved, but the way things are going we are getting rid of more stuff then we are keeping! So, we will have less boxes to take to our new place.

Katy~ My hubby will only drink whole milk, so we always have it in our house. I grew up, basically, on 2% milk. So when we moved in together it was a change to go from whole milk to 2%. So, should I switch him over to the 2% or not? Brandon can’t drink too much milk, or juice for that matter, during the day. If he drinks too much of either substance, he will end up pooping up a storm. So, we alternate between them all (water, juice, milk). You joined s people as well? I have been on it for almost three months!

Angie~ thanks for that information! I will pick up some 2% milk and see how he does on it. If he drinks it with no problem, then I will pick up some more for him to have to drink. I am so sorry to hear the stuff that you have been dealing with.

Susan~ I avoid the scales for the reason of looking at the number. I joined another website and joined their “back to the beach” challenge and I have no problem doing the scale thing every Wednesday.

Jules~ Happy 21st (belated) to your DS!!! I remember that birthday…..I was pregnant with Brandon and couldn’t drink! (and still haven’t drank since I turned legal)
Old 04-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #15  
Closed

THIS IS WHAT I'M DOING BUT HE'S MUCH CUTER THAN I
HI SUSAN...I thought Gaby might like this clipart so I put it up for her Pizza and donuts huh do those size 12's have elastic waistbands girl I don't know what to do with you. What is a venti??? is that what you said.I am happy you girls had a good time. I should be painting, but I stopped for something to eat , but the computer was calling me upwards I shouldn't have hooked it up till I was all done Have a good night
HI MINDEE.. It will be hard moving and getting things all sorted out especially with two little ones,One thing about moving its a new start ,out with the old whatever it may be and in with the new, but it will be so nice when its all done and you are finally home . sweetie
HI ANGIE... OOHH I missed the B #&*% part hmmm I have never been called that by my son, it may have been implied, but if those words had of come out of his mouth, his butt would have been on the curb believe you me. Susans right no Mother should ever hear that from a child and I am heartbroken for you.I know its tough now , but this to shall pass, so many things to deal with ,when you have kids, We are all here for you ,Ask ,Talk ,Vent ,Cry ,Scream ,do whatever you need to do , we will get through this together. I wish I lived closer to you, for sure we'd be getting out that moonshine and having a big ole cry dear friend The poem was lousy but true

OK GIRLS I AM OFF FOR DINNER, BUT WHEN I COMEBACK I HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM TO RUN BY ALL OF YOU , AND I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK , THIS ONE YOU WON'T BELEIVE. BUT ANGIE'S PROBLEM COMES FIRST
Closed Thread