Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: From the list below, what seems to trigger you to eat off plan the most?
When I am happy 1 4.17%
When I am sad 1 4.17%
When I am stressed 8 33.33%
When I am angry 2 8.33%
When I am hungry 3 12.50%
When I am tired 0 0%
When I am bored 2 8.33%
When my hormones are raging 2 8.33%
I don't eat off plan, for any reason. 1 4.17%
Other reason 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2001, 06:04 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 10/22-10/28

This is the SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIP & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FIT FACTS

Please visit our LATEST BIO BOARD where you can learn more about everyone who is on this board:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=3773

Please make sure you post your BIO on the LATEST VERSION of our BIO BOARD everyone!!!!

Our OCTOBER 2001 RECIPE BOARD can be located at the link below:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=9786

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often-make sure to visit our newest board, MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS at the link below:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2342

THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2344

THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2365

MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2359

and our newest board MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=5005

We also now have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=10380

WANT TO POST YOUR WEEKLY WEIGH IN INFO?? Go to the WEEKLY WEIGH IN BOARD below to post your stats!

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=10381

VISIT OUR NEW SUGAR BUSTERS 2001 PICTURE GALLERY at the link below. You can upload pictures or post links to pictures on this board

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=7954

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit NEW REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!
Old 10-22-2001, 06:09 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM:

YOUR DESTINATION

Right this very moment you are on your way somewhere. You are moving steadily toward a specific destination, as a result of the thoughts you are thinking and actions you are taking right now.

What is that destination? Where is it you are busily taking yourself? Is it where you've always wanted to go, or is it somewhere you'd rather not even think about?

Look at how you're spending this day. Consider your plans for tomorrow. All those activities will lead you somewhere. That place will be the place you choose, and your choice will be made by your actions.

Are your actions today making the choice you truly desire? If so, that's great. If not, that's no problem, because you're in a position to change those actions.

Your desires may be strong yet it is your actions, day in and day out, which will bring those desires into reality. They're yours to use. Let them bring you to the best life you can possibly imagine.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day and a fabulous week!

Debbie
194/122.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Last edited by Debelli; 10-22-2001 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-22-2001, 08:54 AM   #3  

Me again

Just got in from my walk, didn't jog at all. We had torrential downpours here last night so the streets are flooded along with some of the sidewalks along my route. The threat of rain is still out there, but luckily I was able to maneuver around the flooding and get my walk in without getting rained on.

Well, that fiber finally kicked in this morning in a big way. Lets just say within a 5 minutes time-frame, I lost a pound! Happy to report that I'm down again on the scale today to 122.5, still up 1.5 from the low, but that's okay, just so I'm in the 119-124 range, I'm happy

Today is my 19th month SB ANNIVERSARY! Time just seems to pass so quickly, no one, not even I, would of thought I'd be able to do anything consitently for this amount of time, it's just not like me, I usually get bored of things after a while, but I'm really proud and happy that I've stuck with SB so well, for so long.

Well, it seems that I will be getting my hair done today. I'm a bit nervous, don't know the guy at all and hoping he doesn't screw my hair up somehow. What's the worst that could happen I would probably say, a really bad cut, bad color and maybe hair falling out? Let's just hope and pray I have a good report to come back and tell you all. My appt is at 10am, so I will be MIA til much later in the day.

BOB, will tell the BIG BOY you said congrats. I'm suppose to tell you that there's a FRIENDS AND FAMILY DAY, I think he said Dec. 12th, where he gets 30% like normal PLUS another 40%, he said it's like paying $20 on eahc $100 purchase, so keep that in mind

BUSDEB, hope your MIL is doing better. Did the pic get to you okay? Hoping to see it on the board

REMINDER, tomorrow night is chat at 9:15PM EST Hope you can all make it this week!

Okay gals, time to jump in the shower. I'll let you know the outcome when I get home!!!

Have a wonderful week!

Debbie
194/122.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 10-22-2001, 10:31 AM   #4  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Monday Morning

Ok--it is the start of a brand new week! I'm pumped--don't particularly know why, but I am.

Deb--Have fun with the hair today. It can really be fun to shake things up a bit. You have a whole new look now--so your hair should too!

BOB--Thanks for your good wishes! We've got 4 more games--all SEC and three on the road. Bama is the only team we get at home. We are perfectly capable of winning any of them--and equally capable of losing any of them. I guess that's what makes football season so exciting! It must be pretty boring when you just sit back and expect your team to win every game---heh heh heh--eh Gator?

NACSAR--did y'all have fun at 'Dega yesterday? Your fella won--but man that pile up at the end sure took my breath away. Can't imagine what it looked like in the stands. How Gordon got through it I'll never know. I felt so bad for Rudd who couldn't get to the finish line and lost so much more ground in the points race. I hate for it to happen like that!

Sparkle--I really enjoy your website. I'm also on the anti-sugar crusade. If I get more sugar than I should, my body feels it almost instantly. That's why I've learned to grill servers at restaurants about the ingredients in sauces and other dishes.

Miss Belle is up from her morning nap and purring loudly in my lap. She has become very nocturnal in her play time--and doesn't understand why I don't want to play with her. Naturally as soon as I get up in the morning she sacks out.

Have a good day everyone
Susan
300/235.5/150
July 10, 2000
Old 10-22-2001, 11:08 AM   #5  

Default stevia

hi all:

does anyone know where i can buy stevia? Thanks very much.

Claudel
Old 10-22-2001, 11:21 AM   #6  

Default Farewell for now.

To all of you who have given me support and friendship, I want to say THANK YOU. You have changed my life forever! At this time in my life, although I need you, I cannot give you what you deserve, constant companionship and support. This has been coming for sometime, but now I'm really doing it...I'm taking a true sabbatical from our group. I could never be who I am today without all of you and SugarBusters. I have no intention of returning to my old routines and will continue to battle the sugar demons each and every day. Most of you have my email address and for those of you who don't it's [email protected]. I would love to stay in touch.

May the Lord Bless you all and keep you strong in your committment to a healthier life.

Love,
Lara

Last edited by ldblond; 10-22-2001 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-22-2001, 11:29 AM   #7  

Default Monday Morning

Good Morning all

I went to have breakfast this am with my busbuddies. We ate at Cracker Barrel. Now I am about to go walk. I am hoping that WIW is going to be good again this week. I of course have been peaking and it looks good so far.

Deb.....can't wait to hear how your hair turns out. Thank you so much for resizing that picture. I will post it at the end of this post. Thanks again.

Fillise.....glad you are pumped......hope your week continues like that.

Ldblond.....I am sad to see you leave. I wish you well and may you have continued success in your sugar battles.

Ok this is the picture that I had taken for the school yearbook a couple of weeks again. If is messes up your computers it is all Debelli's fault.

Have a good day all.

Debbie )
Old 10-22-2001, 11:34 AM   #8  

Good Morning everyone

It's a beautiful cool, sunny, fall morning here. Just come in from raking leaves. Had help from my dil, 5 year old gs and dil's Mom. Amazing how quick it goes with so many helpers. Just got four bags of leaves, with probably a dozen more still on the trees.

Heading out to play badminton this afternoon and this evening my dd is visiting. My ds is taking two of his nephews out to a basketball game this evening. So I will be feeding them all before they leave.

Have to run as I have some shopping to do before lunch.

Will try and check in again later and catch up with all the posts.

Have a good day everyone.

Marie.
Old 10-22-2001, 11:45 AM   #9  

Default Howdy!

So far, so good for a Monday!

I never got a chance to check in this weekend, but just finished reading through your posts and caught up on the latest!

I spent Saturday cleaning out all of the "junk areas" of my oldest's bedroom. We tackled the closet, drawers, shelves, under the bed, and all other areas that tend to get junky. He found stuff that he had forgotten he ever had! I moved on to the dining room closet, which tends to get various odds and ends just thrown in to get them out of sight!! My DH is notorious about that!! Then I started on my utility room!! Oh, I just hate the utility room!!! I got a whole lot done, but much more to go! I plan on taking a room or closet per week and getting the house organized. I want to have it done by Christmas!

I'm trying very hard this week to make sure to stay on the wagon! No cheating!!!!!!!!!!! I've made a vow to get my water and fiber and EXERCISE in, EVERY DAY THIS WEEK!!! I desparately want to get at or under the 145 mark.

DEB - Scale back down - COOL - I knew it would happen!! Sorry the weather has been so "YUCK" down there. It has been beautiful here in N. AL. I took my little one to a BD party yesterday and they played outside! It was so fun to watch them. Hope the "hair" goes well today!

BOB AND GATOR - I guess some folks don't understand the football rivalry/ribbing stuff. I, myself, am a Auburn fan who lives with and is married to an AL fan and things get pretty ugly around my house sometimes!!! We haven't been into football near as much this season as we usually are - don't know why.....??? But I can promise that when the BIG game comes up (AL vs AU) the gloves will be OFF! Its a lot of fun to see who can "twist the knive" the most! When the kids were little, we used to scare them during the big games because we would "holler" so suddenly!! LOL

BusDeb - sounds like you had a good weekend!! Email me this week - we need to catch up!

NASCAR - The race was great!! Glad Jr. pulled it out!!

I've gotta run for now - will holler back later!
tv
Old 10-22-2001, 12:48 PM   #10  

This weekend was good, but I was so op it wasn't even funny. My inlaws were in town and they paid for everything. We had a really good dinner on Friday night and went to the Georgia Tech football game on Satuday. Needless to say, my loss of last week is lost and it's time to start over.

I'm going by the gym that I joined through work to find out what classes they offer. I have officially had it.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. ldblond, I wish you well.

I'll check in later, and of course, WIW (as depressing as it may be.)
Old 10-22-2001, 12:51 PM   #11  

Today's thought is:
Finding Your Purpose

Everyone has a dream. Everyone has a purpose or
mission, something specific he is called to do. You
are on this earth for a reason. Although you can
temporarily hide from yourself, you can never lose
your connection to your purpose. It is always with
you, beckoning to be uncovered. You just need to
listen and let it speak to you.

When you do decide to follow your dream, be
prepared for resistance. The old beliefs and
messages from the past that say it cannot be done
will come rushing to the surface. How will you
respond to these voices of fear and doubt? Will you
allow them to immobilize you? Or will you tell
them who is in charge and move forward in spite of
your fears?

Despite the objections of everyone around her,
Augusta pursued her dream of becoming an
Olympic track athlete. At first a series of
disappointing performances seemed to confirm the
predictions of her family and friends. But then she
won a race. The improvement continued until a
number of first-place finishes gave her a spot on the
Olympic team.

No matter what the obstacles, choose to be true to
your purpose and let it guide and direct your way.
Your destiny is beckoning you. It is time to heed the
call.
Old 10-22-2001, 12:57 PM   #12  

Nice picture Deb!

Well my weekend was not so hot. I had a big party on Saturday and really,really tried to resist the goodies but failed I ate chocolate chip cookies ( 2 ) and chocolate covered pretzels ( 2 HANDFULS). Then last night I was feeling yucky then ate pizza hut
So today is a new day and I am starting fresh. Still trying to work more protein into my diet without the fat. I bought some smoked oysters? And the garbanzo beans. So, I still need some tips on what else I can add as far as protein is concerned. I am thinking I am going to eat an omelet AND my cereal and fruit for breakfast to try and up my calories. I am just about over my sickies so I will walk this afternoon.

I hope everyone is ok!

Also, how do I get color in my post? I see the stuff up there but do not understand how to use it [COLOR=darkblue]

Maybe that worked???

Liz
Old 10-22-2001, 12:59 PM   #13  

[COLOR=teal]Trying again.
Old 10-22-2001, 01:01 PM   #14  

I dont understand how to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont understand how to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2001, 01:42 PM   #15  

Default Hi from Jay, OK

Hey everyone!!! We got here in Jay, Oklahoma Saturday afternoon & have truely been enjoying the Fall colors & temps. Beauiful area here. BIL's GF has been a lovely hostess & she lives right on the lake in a lovely wooded, hilly area. We walked quiet a bit yesterday, went out to another lake in the afternoon & walked some more while they tried a little fishing. We took some pictures, so I'm anxious to get them finished & in the mail so I can post some.

Eating has not been totally OP since I have little control over meals, but have been trying to be cautious as not to offend the cook.

We'll be heading out to Waco in the AM & will be there till Friday. Should be able to check back in during that time. jred we sure will wave as we come thru the BigD tomorrow afternoon. We'll be coming thru Oklahoma City or pretty close to it, but not sure if we'll get to stop there. Sure would like to see the OK City Memorial site though.

Idblond We'll surely miss you on the board, but will be in touch via email. My best to you!

Well, I'm almost out of time so I need to get back to email my dd. See ya'll soon!
Closed Thread