Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 03:31 AM   #1  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.. #874

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 04-02-2006, 03:50 AM   #2  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

sandrea, glad to see you posting again. How are the wedding plans coming?

Kayley - love the hair. Hope the concert was an absolute blast!

Xena - Sorry to hear about the battles with the fence! Thanks for your words of encouragement. They're greatly appreciated!

Julee - Ack! I hate moving anyway, but it's even worse when it's so disorganized. You're a great friend for helping anyway! And, congrats on the -90! Woohoo!

2losin it, are you feeling better?

VioletSwerve - I'm in Wyoming. I've been to Lincoln several times. We're not too far from each other! I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at the corner bit, because all I could think about was Dirty Dancing, where Patrick Swayze says, "Nobody puts Baby in the corner!" Anyhow, glad you've been able to stay OP, and I'm so glad they finally moved you out of the corner! Congrats on the 11lb loss! That's so great!

Annie, are things going better today? You're still in my thoughts! It will get better, just keep remembering that.

Wyllen - thanks so much for your words of encouragement as well! Greatly appreciated! Sounds like you kept moving today. Way to go! I, on the other hand, did not. Well, aside from work.

Going to lose, I'm so sorry to read about the problems your sister is having. My thoughts are with her and your family. How did dinner turn out? And I have to say, "Today I will be a success." is such a great attitude to have!

Lilion, I know you're one of my many inspirations. Thanks for keeping us all going sometimes!

Daeboo, welcome to the group. You'll love it here!

dolphingirl, men certainly don't understand sometimes. I have a husband I'm giving away for cheap.. any takers? :P

voodoo, how're you doing? Have you heard anything about your colposcopy?

Luan, sounds like being an extra can be tough, but I imagine there are fun aspects to it too. Good luck & enjoy!

teahoney, glad the teababy didn't have to have surgery! That must have been scary. My thoughts are with her! How are things going otherwise? I know it's hard to focus on anything when you're worried about your child!

NotTheCheat, glad you finally rewarded yourself. I don't think enough of us reward our successes, but we sure do begrudge ourselves when we have a slip up or momentary lapse in good judgement.

Catherine, Jilly, Ammi, Zelma, and anyone else I've missed, hope things are going well and look forward to seeing you post again!
Old 04-02-2006, 05:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

All of you ladies: A huge hug for all of you. Thank you so much for the love and encouragement. I tried to go to ww but I missed the meeting. Now my next opportunity is Tuesday. I am going to try to make it. I am feeling a bit better. I need to stop being angry with myself because I put a goal of weighing 399 by JUne 17th and it didn't happen. So, I will weigh what ever I weigh on my birthday. God willing and my hard work, it will be less than last year's amount. Thank you all for the pick me ups.

Brenda: I will be praying for your sister.

Sharon: LOL! OUch that stung!

Mechell81 and Daeboo: Welcome. I have been floundering so I have no wisdom to give except, come here and get to know the beautiful ladies that are here and they are so supportive and kind.

Tracey: Glad your little girl is ok. I will be praying for her to continue to heal.

2Losinit: Sorry they didn't notice but, that may be just out loud. Maybe they didn't want to bring it up to embarass you or maybe they are jealous or meanies!

Again, Every single person, thank you for your support and love.
Blessings,
Dogpal
Old 04-02-2006, 06:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Dogpal, I'm sending you a kiss to kiss the sting better!!!
Tracey, I'm so glad your little girl is better there's nothing worse than a sick child. Of course it could have been a good reason to overeat too!!!
Melanie what a shame no one noticed your loss, at least NEXT TIME they will.
Xena, sorry about your dog, it must have been terrifying for you. Good on the doughnuts, I did a similar thing with some ginger biscuits, the boys were in bed so I gave all but two to our (temporary) dog. (when we had our kids my parents' dog died so we gave them ours as he was not getting the love & time he deserved, we have him when my parents go abroad). Is Tom Gordon good, odly enough I started reading it, just got to the bit where she crawls under a big log & starts to panic, is it a good 'book'?
Violet, good for you going to Curves, did you 'fool' anyone? Good on the 11lbs in a month!!!
Mechelle, take one day at a time, try making healthy choices at each meal and try to keep moving, it takes time. Someone here said they couldn't lose 130lbs (or whatever) but they could lose 10lbs 13 times!!!! focus on the NOW reward yourself for every good choice you make, after a couple of weeks you will be amazed at how much healthier and fitter you feel. Everyone here is in the same boat, we almost all get down, have a gain or no losses BUT we don't give up!!!! We're here for you.
Brenda, you are so lucky to have such nice in-laws, your meal plans sound great, well done on starting afresh.
WOW I hope that's everyone done!!!! TOM has started with a vengence, I feel vile, terrible tummy cramps which make me want to puke, at least it will stop me eating too much! Weigh in tomorrow, I think I am back to what the tracker says, or nearly. It is really weird here, sunny one minute, raining & hailing the next, then sunny again, this has been for two days now . I have to go shopping now,I hope everyone is well and keeping OP. Krisikka where are you? xxxsharon:
Old 04-02-2006, 08:47 AM   #5  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone! I'm still here, plodding along. I find the time to get on here every day to check out how you are all doing, but I'm really not doing well with posting. I suppose it is that part of me that wants to talk to everyone personally, as I have SO much that I want to share with you all about your experiences at the moment. When I can't do that, I don't post at all. Probably not really productive that way huh? Individual posts aren't going to happen today either, so please just know that I think of you often and I share your good and your bad moments, hoping that the good will keep being good and that the bad will get better.

I truly don't know where my time is going lately. I plan to spend time on here writing replies, but then all of a sudden it's bed time, or time to go to work. I KNOW that there must be some spare time somewhere in my day, but I just seem to lose it. I tend to be tired after work and often have a nap, so there goes some of the time. It seems to take me forever each evening to get ready for the next day, putting together a snack, drink and lunch. It doesn't sound like a lot, but I have to get a salad, sandwich, fruit etc together and wrap utensils and bits and pieces in cling wrap. It still doesn't sound like a lot, but it seems to take me ages. Perhaps I need a better routine or something. I'll have to work on that. I have started getting my lunch salad together at the same time as my dinner salad... you know, celery on my dinner and some celery into my lunch container... and so on. That seems to be helping. Hubby is a great help too, but I try to get it done without him as he works hard enough during the day as it is.

We had a lovely weekend. Shopping again of course! I picked up a couple of beautiful things for winter. I got a long-line knitted jacket (we call them cardigans) and a denim jacket. I have wanted a denim jacket for a while and got one with bead work on the front/collar. I've had hubby take a few (well... lots really) pics of me in it, but haven't got it on my Internet page yet. I also put 4 items on lay-by to pick up next weekend (after the next pay). I have more winter clothes already than I've ever had before, but I imagine I'll still get more. This is an expensive hobby! I'm kind of treating this lot as birthday presents. Mind you, I already got the home gym and the heart-rate monitor as early birthday presents, so I'm not sure how long I can milk this 'birthday' thing.

We have just under 2 weeks to go until our two week break, so I should be able to post LOTS then. You will probably get sick of seeing my name! I am also thinking that I may go to the doc in the holidays and see if there could be any other reason for me being so tired. Blood work in the last holidays was good, but I still think that I should have more energy after losing more than half my body weight. I know that it is heading towards the end of the term, and EVERYONE at school is tired, but I feel as though I have been tired for ages. I'll have to see how I feel in the holidays. If I am not feeling 'energised' after the first week I'll make an appointment.

Well, I'm going to wander around the site for a few more minutes, then off to bed. I have to post today's exercise... must remember that.

Take care all,

Zelma
Old 04-02-2006, 11:26 AM   #6  
Working it out...

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedAus
I am also thinking that I may go to the doc in the holidays and see if there could be any other reason for me being so tired. Blood work in the last holidays was good, but I still think that I should have more energy after losing more than half my body weight. I know that it is heading towards the end of the term, and EVERYONE at school is tired, but I feel as though I have been tired for ages. I'll have to see how I feel in the holidays. If I am not feeling 'energised' after the first week I'll make an appointment.
I know you've probably thought about this, but I'm saying it for good measure, just in case this could also help anyone else!

1. Are you working out too much?
2. Are you eating enough calories? I seriously mean this. You're quite the athlete and athletes need to eat more than unfit people.
3. If you are eating enough calories, is your diet well balance with enough carbs, protein, fat and, perhaps equally important, with lots of iron?
4. Are you taking a multi-vitamin?
5. Are you drinking enough water?
6. Could you be depressed emotionally? You've made LOTS of changes and losing that much weight can make us go through an extended period of loss and grief.

I hope you find the cause/s for your low energy and are able to turn it around.

Oh yeah, GIRRRRRRL, milk that birthday thing for all it's got! You deserve it! ::: grin :::
Old 04-02-2006, 11:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Maria, glad to see that you are with us again & feeling happier/better.
Zelma, great to hear from you, I thought you might be snowed under with work at school. I hope you feel better soon, isn't it Summer there? Glad you call them cardis too, lol.
Gotta go & check on the dinner, roast lamb, carrots & spuds, stuffing, cauliflower and boiled carrots & new spuds, mmm choccy trifle to follow, its a late birthday dinner for bro-in-law. It was his birthday yesterday, not easy to forget, lol.
xxxsharon
Old 04-02-2006, 11:44 AM   #8  
determined to lose

I managed to lose a pound so I am starting this month only 2 pounds up from my lowest this trip. Did the gym yesterday and actually made 22 minutes on the elliptical which is a personal best, I did a whole mile! So you know how slow I musta been going. But still it is a first! I got my brother to go with me and he did the pool and hot tub. We are going back sometime today. He says he has to work on his legs, they are giving him a lot of trouble. He has neuropathy. Even though he was way through before me, I still got my hour in so that was good. 22 elliptical 6 bike and the rest weight machines. Worked up a good sweat.

Other than that I have just been bidding on DVDs on ebay. Got several Johnny Depp movies coming from half.com too. Spent my free money for the month already...so it goes.

seems like I either sit at this machine all day and obsessively read every word and do personals or I miss a few days and cannot deal with the backlog. Today is one of those cannot deal with the backlog days.

I hope you are all doing splendidly! I am sure everyone has begun their April exercises. Kaylee I did have to go back and look at your picture, I was expecting the deadfalls...but the yellow roots look cool...kinda inverted in a way.

I overheard my father talking to my mother on the phone and he was complaining about my son borrowing his weedeater and his jack and stuff and he said some hurtful things and I cannot admit to hearing them because I was really evesdropping...I was coming out of the bathroom upstairs when i heard Shawn's name and I stood and listened...anyway so I am in a funk about that right now. I dont know what makes my dad so selfish and paranoid about "his stuff". One minute mom is telling them to come to grandma's "store" if they need a potato or anything and the next hand dad is complaining about the borrowing. Which isnt really borrowing because they dont bring back a potato but why should they? **** it is family! The only grandchild too. My dad just pisses me right off sometimes. Anyway, so that is where my head is at right now sorry for the downer.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:17 PM   #9  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

teahoney - I literally gasped out loud when I read your post about your daughter's twisted intestines. That sounds so scary! Thank goodness you wouldn't take "not a UTI" for an answer and made them figure out what was wrong. How old is your daughter?

mechelle - Welcome to the group. I will just reinterate what others have said. We do understand. It's nice to be in this group of folks who know what it is like to start out over 300 pounds. It can be daunting to think about losing that much weight. I agree with everyone who has said take is slow with the exercise, especially if you have never exercised before. Don't expect too much from yourself at the beginning but you ABSOLUTELY can improve your fitness just starting out with 5 or 10 minutes a day and working up from there. A long, long time ago I read a book by Susan Powter called "Stop the Insanity" and she talked about how she started so slowly with exercising....just walking down the street a couple of houses and back...and building up from there. You can do the same thing. We all have to start somewhere! I look forward to hearing more from you!

Zelma - I am happy to get to read a post from you again. I know what you mean about where does the time go? I wish there were a couple more hours in the day....well, no I don't. My boss would expect me to work them. Good for you rewarding yourself with new clothes. I am sure it is MUCH more fun shopping at a healthy size than it is shopping as an overweight person. I can totally understand how easy it would be to get a little carried away with it. I hope to get carried away like that too someday!

garnetfairy - Good for you on the exercise. Ooooh....Ebay. So addicting to me!!!! I love finding books and scrapbooking supplies.

voodoo - I love the book "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon". I actually had read it in its book form several years ago and absolutely adored it. I am enjoying listening to it on tape too, but actually reading it is even better! I'd definitely recommend you pick it up again and finish it.

Nancy - Thanks for the info on the trainer. I have thought about doing it before but what stops me is that I don't want to call attention to myself at the gym. Silly, I know. I just don't wnat everyone staring at "the fat girl". Plus I am not wild about some little hardbody training me. Sounds like you have found the perfect trainder though. Good for you.

Not too much exciting planned for today. I need to do my taxes and get my finances together in general. I am meeting with a financial planner on Monday so I'd like to have my "stuff" together when we meet. So I will be working on that today. Plan to make a new WW recipe later today....Turkey Tex-Mex Meatloaf. I am generall not a fan of ground turkey, but I will give it a try and see how it goes.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!
Old 04-02-2006, 02:33 PM   #10  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!

So far so good today. Went to the drugstore for a walk in the rain and walked back carrying 2 bags of "stuff". Its kind of miserable today but Hey, its not snowing and the rain will make everything green again! I have some flowers blooming in my flower beds out back and some tulips in the front yard ready to come into their glory. I love spring.

Dinner with the inlaws went well. They enjoyed supper and we had a nice chat. I hope the weather in Hawaii improves for them!

Going to try a new dish tonight. Now that we are back low-carbing it, I have to search for recipes again *L* I found one today called Deep Dish pizza quiche. It sounds YUM! If it is a good one, I will post it on the foods section later.

I read something interesting this morning. There was an article online regarding water intake and they said that they recommend 9 8oz glasses and one for every 30lbs overweight that you are. OH MY I think that equals about 16 8oz glasses for me *L* Although I am back to toting my water bottle around again there would NO way I could consume that AND eat food *L*.... hmm there's the catch I guess!

teahoney ~ I hope your lil girlie is feeling better soon!!!! I hate it when babes are sick!

Mechelle ~ Welcome back! I have found that coming here and talking to my friends is a huge part of keeping myself on track!

Zelma ~ Can't wait for your break to come. I miss reading those posts of yours! And you deserve a break!

garnet ~ haha Steve forbids me to go on EBAY any more *L* SShhhh but I go anyway!!!! I can spends days on there searching for stuff!

Xena ~ let us know how the turkey meatloaf turns out! I am always up for new things

Annie ~ Good luck on making your meeting on tuesday. All you have to do is get there. After that, things will start falling into place with you. I hope you find the knowledge and guidence that you are looking for there.

To everyone that I have missed, I hope you have a great day!!!

Brenda
Old 04-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #11  

Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for the nice and warm welcome. I do agree its nice to be able to talk to people that know whats its like being 300+. I really do hope to keep coming here I think its a great idea. I was wondering though how much water do you guys suggest I drink in a day? I have a water jug thing that when full is 32 oz. I drink about two of those a day. Is 64 oz enough? How much are you suppose to drink in a day. I want to completly cut out soft drinks. That is my #1 enemy lol. Also, I hope this isn't to much information...lol. But how do you keep up with losing weight during your period? I mean I always feel so bad that week and wiped out. How do you maintain losing weight during that time? Well I hope you all had a good day! Like I said I look forward to getting to know some of you. Thanks again!

michelle
Old 04-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #12  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Michell81 - WELCOME! Good job on recognizing and dealing with the pop-aholism! You're on your way, and I'm glad you're here!

DOGPAL - We love you... and Simon said he'd lick your toes for you if it would make you smile... but perhaps your babies have that covered.

Dolphingirl - UP with weiners! As we drove out of the truck stop yesterday another lady driver was out in the grass with her dachsie. If the window had been down I'd have probably yelled "Happiness is a looooong dog!" Aren't they special? I wasn't looking for Simon, and I sure never expected to ever have a "hunting" breed of dog, but he's stolen my heart!

Wyllenn - What's up with the "near Chicago" weather? We're up here in the TA in Hampshire/Marengo, and I'm not encouraged to walk in this cold rain. Have you ever eaten at that Wild West place in Marengo off US 20? I hate to tell you - GREAT food there!

Out of time, but hello to all of you! Have a wise day!

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 04-02-2006 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Someone (melanie?) asked about my pedometer. I had read a number of people on the exercise board raving about the Omron HJ-112, so I just bought it from Amazon. It was $20, and we get free shipping, so I figured, "what the heck". I think the way I set my stride it may not be accurate regarding how many steps = 1 mile and calories burned, but I wanted it just to see how many steps I take -- as another measure of "moving" and in that regard it seems pretty accurate. it also tracks "aerobic" steps (after you've been moving for 10 minutes), and keeps the total steps in memory for 1 week. Best of all, you can clip it to your pants, OR put it in your pocket!

So far, I would recommend it!

Michelle -- You've had lots of welcomes, and I will add this. I had tried to lose weight several times before. Lost some and gained it all back and then some. I did not have high hopes this time around, but I AM DOING IT. It is a commitment I have made to myself for every day. I am not perfect at it (and never will be), but I AM DOING IT.

I would also advise everyone to check out the maintainers' forum. I figure that there are a number of people who have been successful at this, and I want to know what they do and try to be like them!

Valerie -- I had to google Marengo, as I had never heard of it! I haven't lived in this area long, and apparently don't get out much! but this cold and rainy weather can GO, as far as I'm concerned!
Old 04-02-2006, 04:31 PM   #14  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Default A big 'in...

Xena--That incident w/your dog sounds scary!! I'm glad it all turned out ok, though--thank goodness for that! "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" is a GREAT book! Very weird at the end though. I read it a couple years ago as it is one of the fewer "less-scary" books of Stephen King's and this was before I was brave enough to read his other stuff. You keep rockin' on that cleanin', girl! You should also PM me the recipe for that WW meatloaf!

wyllenn--GOOD JOB on the 10,000 steps yesterday! You are doing awesome on your excercise goal! I hope you had some time to relax after all that running around yesteday.

Michelle--One thing you can take comfort in is that you have come to the right place. We have all been where you are. I messed up big time on my plan last week and I felt like, "everyone else is having big successes, why cant I?" But you have to remember that it is a every day struggle for all of us. Food can become an addiction, and it sounds like that's where youre at. I can certainly relate to that. Food has been my constant companion through a lot of good and bad times in my life. It's always there--it doesnt ask questions, it doesnt criticize, it doesnt talk back. It doesnt matter what the addiction is--food, booze, drugs, even sex. Everyone struggles w/thier own demons. We all have our own crosses to bear. Something that becomes an addiction for one person can have no effect on another. I'll give you an example: My sister is a recovering alcoholic. So was my father. Apparently I didnt get the gene, because I can literally take it or leave it. As for food? My sister had gained about 70 lbs after the birth of her 2 kids. When she decided to lose it, it came off. It was gone. I dont think she ever actually had an off-plan day during the entire time she was dieting. Now, that sound amazing, right? It is amazing, but now consider her daily struggle w/alcohol. You see my point? I dont understand how she could drink a 12 pk a night and literally physically crave beer when she wasnt drinking it, and I dont understand why her sobriety is such a struggle. I rarely say to myself "wow, I wish I had a beer". But when she dieted she never said "I dont want to do this anymore--I want to eat cake". As far as getting started, you just need to decide "I am starting today" and do it. If you mess up the next day, start again the day after that. Just because you start a diet and mess up once doesnt mean you have failed and should just quit. You dont ever fail until you decide to give up. And giving up requires making a concious decision to just stop trying. If you dont ever decide to stop trying, you are still in the game. Just look at it as a series of very tiny choices to make every day. Should I eat sausage and eggs for breakfast, or should I eat cereal w/low fat milk? Should I try to excercise a little today, or should I just sit on the couch and do nothing? And as for the excercise, it is always hard when you first start. I'm 5'7" and started at almost 350 lbs. I'm 26 yrs old, so we are kinda in the same boat size-wise and age-wise. I started Curves a month ago, and they ask you to stop every once in a while and take your heart rate. The lady who worked there that was showing me around the 1st day asked me what my heart rate was. I lied about it. I was embarrassed at how high it was. It was beating so fast I could barely count it. I just took note of what it should be and slowed down a little so it wouldnt keep beating so fast and I wouldnt hurt myself. Also, my knee has hurt off and on for the past couple of weeks. Its not easy moving my big body around like that. But frankly, excercise is what really jump starts your weight loss. After 2 weeks I had lost 10 lbs. My recommendation to you is to do whatever you can for physical excercise. Dont push it to where you injure yourself, but you have to understand that it is not going to be easy. Just do what you can. Take each day 1 at a time. And keep coming back here. I try to post how I am doing at least once a day. It keeps me accountable if I know I have to kinda "report back" (which I dont have to, but if I tell myself I do it helps me stay on track ). As for WLS, I myself do not agree w/it. I think there are too many drawbacks to having the surgery that are just not worth it. I know a lady who had it that can no longer drink alcohol at all because she will throw up if she does. And she lost weight so rapidly that her skin is literally hanging off her bones. And I dont like the idea that something is permanent like that. And besides, if you drop the weight like that and never learn proper eating habits, you will continue to try to eat like you were before and your body wont be able to handle it and you may get sick. I would suggest that as an absolute last-ditch effort, as in a Dr you really trust tells you "there is absolutely no other way you will lose this weight and you will die if you dont have it". As for the water--I would think 64 oz would be good, but to be honest I really dont know for sure. As for keeping OP during TOM, I think once you start eating better on a regular basis you will feel less "wiped out" during your period. And on plans like WW you do get extra Points (calories) a week so you could use some of them if you needed to. Please feel free to PM me anytime you need anything.

Tracey--I am so sorry to hear about your daughter not feeling well! That is terrible! I'm glad you didnt take thier answer and took her in to find out the real problem. I'm glad to hear she seems to be doing little better now. Give her a hug for me!

Nancy--I was lucky we never had donuts at the motel I worked at! There wouldnt have been any left for the guests!! I'm happy about my new desk, too. I am actually not dreading work tomorrow for once. Good work on walking to dinner! WOOO HOOO! Your massage sounds absolutely deluxe! I've never had a deep-tissue massage before, but yes I'm sure you can still feel it! I hope its not hurting too much. Good job compensating for the Godiva's w/a light lunch.

Melanie--Sorry no one noticed your loss this time. They must all be blind!!! Next time you will blow them away for sure! A milkbath, in theory, sounds very Cleopatra-esque, but I'm not sure I could do it. I cant bring myself to drink the stuff, and thinking about submerging my body in it? Ew! It would be totally extravagant, though, pouring all that milk in a bath and just sitting in it, then putting it all down the drain when I was done.

Luan--Your day sounds so exciting! I wouldnt care about the pay, either, the experience sounds cool! A midwestern housewife eating donuts w/her husband and an anorexic hooker? Very cool! I always suspected that the skinny people you see on TV eating something really fattening always spit it out after a shot--now my suspicions are confirmed!

brandnewme--I never thought about that--"Nobody puts Baby in a corner" but that is hilarious!! I literally laughed out loud on that one! My boyfriend and I joke about that line in that movie all the time so that is funny that you mention it and that I didnt even think about it! HAHAHAHA!! I lived in Gillette, WY when I was really little! Do you like Lincoln? I think its a pretty cool town. Not too big, not too small. Oh, and hey--thanks for starting the new thread! I always wait for someone else to do it...

dogpal--Glad to hear you are feeling a little bettter. I wish you luck w/getting to your WW meeting on Tues!

Sharon--Yes, actually! I went to my co-worker's show (he plays in a band) last night, and a guy I used to work with was there. He asked me if my boyfriend was there, too, because Nat goes to the shows w/me when he's in town, and Nat and this guy are friends. I said "yes" and he was excited and said "really?" and I said "no, not really." Kinda mean but he's a big boy--he'll get over it. I'm sorry TOM is kicking your butt. TOM is never pleasant for me, either. Ug. RELAX and take some time for you, if you can!

Zelma--You new clothes sound really pretty and I'd love to see you in them! No worries about not doing personals--we just want to hear from you! I'm sorry you've been feeling so tired. Having the doc check it out if you dont start feeling better sounds like a good idea. I can understand what you mean about packing your lunch and stuff. I always do mine in the morning. Of course, my lunch is pretty simple--a frozen meal or leftovers usually. Taking a salad and dressing, etc is just too much work for me, apparently, so I eat my salad for the day at night and take something else w/veggies in it for lunch. Dunno if that would help you or not...?

MariaLucia-- for the ideas on what could be causing lethargy. Also serves as a reminder of what to do to try to keep it at bay.

Garnet--I'm sorry to hear your dad is being a crabby-patty about his only grandchild borrowing things! I agree that it is family, and not only that but if he is going to extend the offer that if he ever needs something to just ask, then he has no right to complain about him taking him up on the offer! And its just stuff. You cant take it with you when you go.

Brenda--Good job on the walking! I'm glad your in-laws enjoyed thier meal. That pizza recipe sounds pretty good, too! Very interesting about the water, too! I dont seem to have a problem getting my water in, but maybe I should re-evaluate that based on this recommendation and see if I really am getting the water I need.

As for me, I had a really weird night last night. I went to see my co-worker's band play at this biker bar here in town. This is the kinda place I would NEVER go to unless his band is playing, but I do enjoy the shows. I'm like a "groupie" to this guy--he always expects to see me there and I didnt want to let him down, you know.

Anyway, I get there and I'm sitting w/a few of my co-workers and its just kinda boring. My co-workers are not really the type of people I would hang out w/by choice, but as I dont have any friends that live in town that I could take w/me and Nat is in KC, I went ahead and went by myself and hung out w/them.

Then this guy Dave that used to work w/us comes in. No one likes this guy, they all think he is weird. I've always kinda had a special understanding of him, and Nat and I have reached out to him when no one else would--he's been through a lot in the last year or so. But again, he really isnt someone I would hang out w/by myself because he is a little weird. Anyway, no one would talk to him so I went and sat w/him for a bit. He has changed a lot since he got a different job, and he's actually pretty fun now.

Well, eventually all the people I was sitting with initially were all were off doing thier own thing, and one girl was trying to flirt w/some guy, and etc...eventually I ended up sitting there w/a bunch of thier friends, people I dont even know, and no is talking to me, so I am completely bored.

So, I asked Dave where he was going after he left this bar and could I come w/him. I wasnt ready to go home but I was completely bored where I was. We ended up going to a different bar and playing pool. We had a pretty fun time. And I kicked Dave's BUTT at pool, and I usually suck at pool! It was weird, though because, like I said, he is not someone I ever saw myself hanging out w/before. Anyway, the bar we went to is one where I am kinda a "regular" (or used to be, when I had friends in town to go with ). The doorman at the bar knows me, and he came up to our table, gave Dave the once-over, and said to me "where's your boyfriend?" Everybody loves Nat, and the doorman was clearly not going to just accept at face-value that I was out w/another guy as more than just friends. I'm glad he asked so I could clear it up that we are just friends, because I didnt want any rumors circulating that I am cheating on Nat or anything. Of course, I told Nat all about it today and its not like he would care if that was the rumor, anyway, but I care.

I dunno if anyone else feels this way, but I feel like I sometimes relate to men a lot easier than I do to most women (present company excluded, of course ). I find a lot of women to be very typical and predictable, and I find it hard to relate when they start gushing over a shoe sale or complaining about how bad they look naked or something. I used to have a lot of male friends so I'm glad to hang out w/Dave. He's going to introduce me to his new friends from his new job so hopefully I can make some more friends in town, and I wont be on here complaining about being lonely on a Saturday night anymore.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:03 PM   #15  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Amy ~ I always had more "guy" friends than "girl" friends too.... I always related better to them. Some of the girls that I know always carried on about their flaws and that drove me NUTS. uh hello? I weigh twice your weight and like myself a whole lot more than they did! I guess I got to a point in my life where I realized that talking too much about yourself is a BIG flaw *L* and stop hanging with them. Steven and I rarely hang out with anyone now and most couples that we can enjoy a night out with live 3 hours or more away so we mostly hang out with each other. BTW the pizza thing is in the oven and smells delicious! High end in sodium though so I think I will have to have 1/2 a serving and twice the water!
Brenda
Closed Thread