Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2001, 02:51 AM   #1  
Pink Thingy

Default ****week of 21st O C T O B E R****

I got up, typed a nice note, made it personal, gave you my life story, told you about my new cardio bounce workout video, CTRL C (please tell me that still is copy) all the way along just in case and what happened? The PC hung and I lost all my post, I restarted and tried to CTRL V (wouldn't suprise me if that no long was paste) and guess what.....nothing. I now look at the clock and I have 30 mins to get ready for church, so this is it........

Hope everyone else gets a better start to their week
Old 10-21-2001, 11:32 AM   #2  

HAPPY SUNDAY!

BFB - Sorry you lost your post!

Pryia - my mileage is at 725.485 now. Hope you enjoyed your birthday. Are we going to have a weekly challenge?

I am back to my NO EXCUSES format. I'm trying to keep that in mind. Anything that will help! Yesterday was a success. I made ds peanut butter cookies w/kisses on top and got into the leftover kisses. Anyway, I had a low point dinner, came in under my point range, and didn't let those kisses blow my day.

Have a great day all. It is beautiful here this morning - I think rain is supposed to be moving in for the next few days though. So dh and I have already been on a 2.2 mile walk.

Later.

RABBIT

**NO EXCUSES **
Old 10-21-2001, 02:10 PM   #3  
A princess in the making!

Talking SHE IS BACK!!!!

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE WISHES! I HAD A GOOD DAY. Will come back and give most of the details.

Weekly challenge and updates on miles will come later today also.

I want to finsh my room and get through 208 emails.

Also I want to let you all know that this is the best place to be on earth.....better than chocolate. Which has been a problem for me and never use to be.

P
Old 10-22-2001, 08:46 AM   #4  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Good Monday Morning...

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was nice, nothing too exciting but that's okay. I'm not checking for my "official weigh in" until tomorrow but it would seem that I'm even this week. I know this is okay but I thought I was doing pretty well. The only thing I'm really bad at is drinking my water (I rarely do). I'm afraid if I hit a plateau I'm going to have to go for the water to shake things up. We'll see.

Bailey - speaking of the daily weigh ins - I do it too. It does keep me in check and help me see the fluctuations. There are weeks when I am down in the middle of the week but up by the time the weeks up, if I hadn't seen the down at all I might be more discouraged. I've heard about the Weight Commander thing but I don't know too much about it. I guess $10 is no big deal. Maybe I'll check it out. And congratulations on the loss. That's so great especially with your business trip.

Pryia - Hope you had a great birthday - tell us all about it!

Rabbit - I saw your post about making soup - got any recipes to share. I'm a big soup fan. I find that it's a great way to fill up with few points. I think I'm making some tonight!

LBH - Congrats on your loss - it's much easier when you stay OP!! And don't get me started on my Kitchen Aid - I'll go on more than I did about the Swiffer. But all I'll say is I LOVE MY KITCHEN AID MIXER!! And it's too funny about your boss (or boss's boss, whatever). And no, it's no big deal. I still get the odd "crush" on someone - not as much as when I was younger but once in a while. And I don't think it's any big deal. My husband often (but not always knows). I don't think it means anything as long as you keep it in perspective. I consider that something totally separate from my husband, whom I love. But adds a little fun to the work day - right??

BFB - sorry about losing your long post - that would drive me crazy! How's things going??

Hi to everyone I've missed, time to do some work,

Elisa
Old 10-22-2001, 10:08 AM   #5  
Donna

Hello everyone,

Haven't been around for a week because I had to wait for K to hook up the computer. (I know I could have done it but it's his and I'm lazy). The move went well, at least all our stuff is in one place now, and it didn't rain on Monday when we had the movers. My legs and knees are killing me though because I moved from a one story house to a colonial with a finished basement. I'm sure I'll get used to it (and soon I hope ). Now all we have to do is organize, put away, throw away, and put in boxes to sell all of the stuff we moved . Then I get to start painting, hanging pictures, decorating and all of that kind of stuff. Right now I just want to finish unpacking the kitchen so we can set up the dining room table.

My birthday was Friday (thanks for the well wishes Rabbit and Pyria). And K gave me tickets to see Carmen at the Detroit Opera House. It was fun, I don't think we're about to become big fans, but it was nice for something different, and after packing God knows I didn't need any more stuff . Didn't make it to WI on Tuesday because I was trying to find the living room so we'd have one space that wasn't filled with boxes. Hopefully I'll be ok tomorrow. Going to join the goal thread then.

Just a few comments on the stuff that was discussed last week:

Kitchen Aid - Couldn't live w/o it. My folks bought one for me when I first moved out and it is GREAT. I've got bunches of attachments which are really cool to.

Hardwood floors vs carpet - Had carpet in all my apartments and at my parents, had hardwood at the last house and had hoped to pull up the carpet here but didn't have time. All I can think is that if the dust and fur is on the hardwood floating around, it must still be on the carpet you just can't see it and so can ignore it and since I have 3 fur bearing animals it can get really gross . I use a plain old dust mop though I do have a swiffer (great for cieling fans), I just hate throwing away the sheets, it's that enviornmentalist anti-disposible mother of mine voice in my head, I shake all the fur outside for birds and squirls to use in nesting.

Cheesecake - the one sweet I can not pass up. Congratulations on identifying the craving and only eating a little. I have to restrict it to only eating out and NOT to make it at home unless I'm having company who'll eat it all.

There were other things I'm sure, but I can't remember and this is turning into a novel. So I'll go for now and hopefully not be such a stranger.

- Tech
Old 10-22-2001, 12:34 PM   #6  
Pink Thingy

Talking Welcome back Tech and happy belated birthday wishes

Having a cr*p day, but this made me laugh - I guess if you want a job done properly - ask a woman

The Secret Service had an opening for an assassin. After all of the background checks, interviews, and testing were done there were three finalists... two men and a woman. For the final test, the agents took one of the men to a large metal door and handed him a gun.
"We must know that you will follow your instructions, no matter what the circumstances. Inside this room, you will find your wife sitting in a chair. Kill Her!!!" The man said "You can't be serious. I could never shoot my wife." The agent said, "Then you're not the right man for this job."
The second man was given the same instructions. He took the gun and went into the room. All was quiet for about five minutes. Then the man came out with tears in his eyes." I tried, but I can't kill my wife." The agent said, "You don't have what it takes. Take your wife and go home."

Finally, it was the woman's turn. She was given the same instructions to kill her husband. She took the gun and went into the room. Shots were heard, one shot after another. They heard screaming, crashing, banging on the walls. After a few minutes, all was quiet. The door opened slowly and there stood the woman. She wiped the sweat from her brow, and said, "This gun is loaded with blanks. I had to beat him to death with the chair".
Old 10-22-2001, 01:16 PM   #7  

HI ALL.

Had a really nice weekend, exercised everyday and stayed op.

Pryia - glad you are back! Will look forward to our new challenge.

Elisa - good luck at your weigh in. Would you be interested in the ww cheese soup recipe? chicken noodle soup? During this time of year, I like to make soup once a week. Dh and I love it. This week we're having cream of chicken florentine.

tech - glad the move went well and you've got the computer set up! That is vital.

What all can you do with a kitchen aid mixer?

gotta run - I'm hungry!

RABBIT
Old 10-22-2001, 01:35 PM   #8  
Out there trying

Rabbit - what can you do with a Kitchen Aid mixer?? what can't you do is a better question! just kidding, I love mine but really it's not that it does any more than a regular mixer, it's just that it does it so much better. Batters are creamier and anything whipped is whipped bigger and better. I got mine from my husband for an anniversary/birthday present last year and I love it. I had wanted it when we got married but no one gave it to us so he bought it for me. Hope my weigh in does go okay but who knows. As for soup recipes I would love any, but the cheese one sounds really good if it's not too much trouble. Do you know the points value? I also make a lot of soups and one of my favourites is my made up "Cream of any vegetable soup". First off it's made with skim milk not cream and you can subsitute any vegetables you like. I make brocolli or cauliflower or potato-leek, carrot, mushroom, anything really. Since it's made up I don't really have a proper recipe but I could put something down if it interests you. I just add up all the points of the individual ingredients to caluclate the total and then divide by the number of bowls I get but it's quite low in points. If you make soups you could probably work with it because it just takes some "tweaking" to get the flavour you want but all in all, easy and yummy.

BFB - what a great story!! Hope your day gets better.

I saw some great posts somewhere else on this site on the importance of drinking water and a "trick" by someone who does WW of how to break out of a slump or get through those plateaus. If anyone's interested I'll copy them or just let you know where they are since they're kind of long. I don't know how to give you a link to a specific post.

Elisa
Old 10-22-2001, 01:45 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Hope you all don't mind that I posted that halloween story...it scared me! I think I'm going to tell DH to tell the guy that buys our candy for the party not to buy it. We'll think of something else. What? I have no idea!! Anyone? It's gotta be pretty affordable for about 50-60 kids!!

Elisa- I can't wait to make more "stuff" with my mixer!! Any low pt. baked goods recipes?!

Rabbit- Please post the cheese soup recipe!! It sounds delicious!! The chicken flourentine one sounds good too!!

BFB- That's hysterical! Hope your day gets better!

Tech- Happy belated birthday!! Glad to see you back!

Pryia- ...waiting for the details and hoping it has to do with a certain man!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 10-22-2001, 03:17 PM   #10  
Out there trying

Default one more thing...

I also found, somewhere else on this site, reference to a website that sounds good. I've just looked at it and haven't had a chance to really check it out but it's a site with recipes that are divided into categories so you can look for things by ingredients or they are divided into sections - like weight loss. And this sections (I don't know about the rest) shows all the nutritional information and has already calculated "diet points" for you, which seem to be WW points. I checked one recipe myself and the points were right. Anyway, if you're interested check out www.mealsforyou.com

Elisa
Old 10-22-2001, 08:14 PM   #11  

Elisa - the kitchen aid sounds great! will have to look into that one of these days. . . Yes, I'd be interested in your soup recipe. I'm always looking for new ones. will have to check out that site too.

I'll post the soup recipes. The one I got at ww is so easy! And one pt/serving.

RABBIT
Old 10-23-2001, 08:17 AM   #12  

Hi all

Just a quick post to say "hi". Busy, busy at work, so might not be posting a lot the next couple of days, but I'm around!

Have a great day all!

LE
Old 10-23-2001, 03:17 PM   #13  
Out there trying

Default Soup Recipe

Okay here's my soup recipe with notes etc. if anyone wants it. Since I kind of made it up, there's a lot of "little of this, little of that" but I'll do my best to make it clear or ask if you have any questions.

Cream of Any Vegetable Soup

3 cups chopped vegetables (I've done brocolli, cauliflower, mushroom, potato leek etc.) The truth is I've never really measured the veggies I just use whatever I have

2 onions chopped (Optional but to me it's not soup without onions)

3 cups skim milk (or higher fat milk for creamier soups but more points)

3 cups chicken broth (I use a low calorie powder and mix it with hot water but any would do)

3 tbls flour

salt and pepper to taste

other seasonings optional (ie parsely, dill or thyme whatever you prefer)

2 tsp oil (just small amount to start onions)

Spray large pot with Pam and turn heat to medium high. Add onion and some salt and pepper and saute until soft but not brown. Add chopped veggies and cook for a few minutes. (If you run out of oil add small amount of chicken stock so veggies don't burn or dry out). Add the flour and mix to coat the veggies and onions. The flour helps to make the soup thick without the use of cream. Add milk and broth, more salt and pepper and/or other seasonings and bring to a boil (watching to make sure it doesn't boil over). Then reduce heat to low and cook for approximately 30 to 40 minutes or until veggies are cooked. At this point I pull out my hand blender and immerse it in the soup (carefully or you'll splash hot soup) and blend just enough to make the soup a little thicker but still leave some chunks of veggies. You could blend as much or as little as you want. Taste and season again if needed. Now it's ready to go.

My point calculations for the soup (with skim milk, no point veggies and the chicken broth I use) are 10 points for the whole pot and this makes for me about 6-8 bowls of soup depending on the size. You could see how much soup you get and get a point measurement per cup but you can see it's quite low. Add some crackers for an extra point or two and it's a nice lunch or even dinner.

You can make this recipe as large or as small as you want by adding more veggies and liquids as you can see but this is the size I usually make and it gives my husband and I dinner for two days.

I hope it's not too confusing and I hope if you make it that you like it. We like it because it's so easy and filling and low point. Some of the veggies are more flavourful than others but you could probably make any combination you want.

I'll stop rambling but let me know if anyone makes it!

Elisa
Old 10-23-2001, 03:52 PM   #14  
Donna

Hi,

Just wanted to pop in real quick and say hi before I go up and start dinner and head out to WW. My pants are falling off me today so I'm hoping for good news on the scale .

elise - The soup sounds good, I may try it. K doesn't eat soup much so I usually take it for lunch. I need to find the butternut squash one from WW last fall, it was really good. I'm sure it's in a box someware.

BFB - I liked the story. Hope things are going better around your place.

LBH - Thanks for the belated b-day wishes. Have you made any progress on plans for an anniversery trip?

Rabbit - The mixer is the same as most just more 'industrial' with a stronger motor, it doesn't seem to get bogged down as much. What I like is that you can by attachments that hook to the front, I have a pasta machine (both extruded and rolled) and a meat grinder. The grinder came in handy grinding up the venison roast my BIL gave us since neither of us particularly like roasts. My girlfreind said her mom grinds all her own meat so she knows whats in it.

Well should probably go start dinner so we have something to eat after WW.

'Talk' to you later.

- Tech
Old 10-23-2001, 04:57 PM   #15  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!Been busy with the kids but have had the time to read!!I went to the club today..it is great that my wrist is tolerable with the brace on!!!

Tech-Happy belated B-DAY!!!!!!!Glad the move when smooth!!I thought the best deal was being in one house rather than traveling back and forth!!

Have great evening!!
RR
Closed Thread