View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 10:04 AM   #2
KriWes

S/C/G: 165/141/125

Hey, I'm a calorie counter myself (22 year old female, same height and weight as you) but I go for a bit lower of a range than you. 1500 would be my outside range, I usually try to stick around 1200. I try to do cardio 6 days a week which burns between 400-500 extra calories. I also lift weights probably 3 times a week most weeks. I aim for a 1000 calorie deficit each day so I just adjust accordingly if I am very active or end up sitting down all day. I also try to get as close as I can to 50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fat, this is just sort of a mini-experiment though, I'm going to see how it works and if I don't see the result I want to I will adjust accordingly. The other things I take into account is making sure that I am getting enough vitamins, calcium and iron as well as fibre. It's a lot to take into account but tracking it online makes it fairly simple. For more energy you don't necessarily need more food, just food that is actually fuelling your body and not just filling you up with empty calories. Sounds like a great plan you have going but just be prepared that it will be a while before you see a lot of result as far as weight loss goes with a 300 calorie deficit each day. If you don't want to lower your calories you may just want to increase your activities. Anyway...did this go anywhere? Not sure, but hopefully something helped.