Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-31-2006, 01:15 PM   #1  

Talking Hello I am Mel..nice to meet ya

I am new to these boards. But I am on a weightloss journey and I have been for the last 7 months. I started at 215 and I am down to 145..but now I am losing motivation. Exercise is getting boring. I am getting very dissappointed in myself for not being able to loose the last ten!

I am 32..mother to 4 and I work full time. I have been for 8 years to a wonderful man whom loved me at 215 as he does 145! I am from a small town in Arkansas and I love horses.

Good luck to everyone on their own journey! I will say if I can do it ..you can too!

Pictures that woke me up to how FAT I really was. I never knew I truly looked like that.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...elDecember.jpg

This is me today
futureSkinnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:50 PM   #2  
I am on my weigh

S/C/G: 252/252/175

Height: 5'7

I can't help you get back on the exercise wagon, but you look great. You really should be proud of yourself. And keep up the hard work and you will lose the last lbs to reach your goal.
rmewife97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

When you get sooo close to your goal and it seems like the weight isnt coming off no more you do get discouraged... all I can say is you've come such a long way and you look great, the last 5 or 10 pounds is usually the hardest to get off. Dont give up change your exercise routine that always helps me out when I get bored. Hang in there I know you can do this.
Lady Jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:56 PM   #4  
goy

you look great........

it is hard to get motivated some times..sometimes just a change makes a diffirence. if you go to the gym, maybe do outside walking instead..... maybe take up running, or try going to do excersise at a different time of day........ get a friend to do it with you.....

i really know there is not much we can say to motivate you.... but you surely should be very proud of what you have done this far...... you are a very beautiful lady by the way..... bigger or smaller......... you have accomplished a lot.... be proud....
goy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:05 PM   #5  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

Wow, you look great. You have done a wonderful job stick with it. Change things up a little maybe start doing stuff with your kids instead. Like bike riding with them or jogging with them, swimming dancing stuff like that. It may seem to fun to be excersie but it still is.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:20 PM   #6  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureSkinnyB
I am new to these boards. But I am on a weightloss journey and I have been for the last 7 months. I started at 215 and I am down to 145..but now I am losing motivation. Exercise is getting boring. I am getting very dissappointed in myself for not being able to loose the last ten!
I'm there with you. I'm trying to get the last few pounds off myself. And yep, it goes very sloooooooooooow. But I don't worry about it that much. As long as I don't gain any of it back, I'm pretty comfy right now. It'll probably take me another 6 months just to lose 5 more pounds. So I know the feeling of the motivation going out the door. But hon, look how far you've come. Think of how you felt about yourself when you were heavy. That's what I do. I'm not always totally satisfied with 138, but it's better than 220. I didn't lose all this weight just to gain it back and I'm sure you didn't either. All I do is remember how I felt about myself when I was overweight and I ask myself if I want to go back there and, of course, the answer is always NO.

I think you look fantastic. You should be proud of yourself for what you've accomplished and just keep eating healthy and watching calories and even though it's very slow, the last few pounds will eventually come off
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Took me about 6 months to lose the first 52 lbs, and then 10 months to lose the last 13 lbs.

What helped me was changing my mindset. My original goal was 135 lbs. When I got stuck at 140 I agonized over it for around 3 months. I increased calories, decreased calories, worked out more, worked out less - nothing I did changed my weight. Stuck at 140.

Being stuck at 140 made me miserable. I got on the scale every day. I was mad I couldn't lose the last 5 lbs.

After about 12 weeks I realized something pretty neat - my weight wasn't going down but it wasn't going up either. I had never been able to lose weight and keep it off, but here I had maintained a 52 lb weight loss for 3 months. I wasn't plateauing, I was maintaining! That made me feel better.

I realized I was so busy worrying about 5 lbs that I wasn't enjoying what I had accomplished. I decided to stop worrying about the scale and just start loving my new, slender, 140 lb, size 10 self. I bought a LOT of clothes.

I decided to slowly increase my calories to a more healthy, maintenance level. Starting in late May, I started slowing increasing calories until I was eating around 1800-2000 calories a day. In July, I noticed I weighed 138 lbs, that was exciting. I wasn't even trying to lose weight. In September, I reached my goal weight of 135 lbs. Still eating 1800-2000 calories, not trying to lose weight. I now weigh 127 lbs and I've been pretty stable here since January.

I'm really not sure what happened, but I think part of it was eating a little more while still being under a maintenance calorie threshhold.

Whatever happens, do NOT give up. Enjoy how fantastic you look NOW. You look GREAT! You did something amazing and even if you stay right where you are you accomplished something wonderful. You are a winner RIGHT NOW. Start feeling like the winner you are.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:36 PM   #8  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Hey I got 10 I need to lose and I will be a happy camper....lol We can do this and I know we will. You came to the right place!!!!
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:12 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by la3y_un1c0rn_37
Hey I got 10 I need to lose and I will be a happy camper....lol
LOL my thoughts exactly!

But hey, Mel... to 3FC. Great to have you here. You look GREAT and congratulations on your weight loss!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:22 AM   #10  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
Took me about 6 months to lose the first 52 lbs, and then 10 months to lose the last 13 lbs.

What helped me was changing my mindset. My original goal was 135 lbs. When I got stuck at 140 I agonized over it for around 3 months. I increased calories, decreased calories, worked out more, worked out less - nothing I did changed my weight. Stuck at 140.

Being stuck at 140 made me miserable. I got on the scale every day. I was mad I couldn't lose the last 5 lbs.

After about 12 weeks I realized something pretty neat - my weight wasn't going down but it wasn't going up either. I had never been able to lose weight and keep it off, but here I had maintained a 52 lb weight loss for 3 months. I wasn't plateauing, I was maintaining! That made me feel better.
Now this is one seriously inspiring post, especially for me. Because I'm doing exactly what YOU were doing, getting stuck around the 140 mark. It's like WHAM, you hit 140 and everything just stops.

Some weigh-in days (which is less than once a week for me, maybe a couple of times a month, so that gives you an idea of how long I've been stuck, lol) I'm 138 and the next I'm back up to 140. Then 139, then 140. 138... 140. You get the idea. You've obviously been there.

It's not that it's driving me totally crazy, I'm fairly comfortable where I'm at, although I really would like to get down closer to 130. I want to be BELOW 135. Yeah, I know, they're only numbers. But we each have our reasons for wanting to BE at a certain place. I'm also going by how clothes are fitting. I've got a pair of jeans that are a little on the snug side and I think dropping an extra 8-10 pounds will make them fit just right. And that would put me at about 130.

Maybe I'll do what you did, increase my calories, just not going OVER maintenance, and see what happens.

Great post

Last edited by LLV; 04-01-2006 at 09:29 AM.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:29 AM   #11  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Mel,,,look at your pictures,,,is that not enough for you to keep going?
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by da fat n da furious
Mel,,,look at your pictures,,,is that not enough for you to keep going?
LOL for sure! Mel, that ought to do it.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:08 AM   #13  
Mel

Hi Mel from another Mel

If your exercise program is boring you, do something else! What really bothers you? The number on the scale or your body? They really are two completely different things. When I hit my goal weight almost 4 1/2 years ago, I was appalled by my body. It wasn't what I'd been working for or expecting. Changing my eating and exercise changed my body without much of a drop in scale weight. I started lifting seriously and doing short intensive sessions of cardio and lost about 8% more body fat and 2 pants sizes without a drop in scale weight. It took another few years to drop more scale weight.

You've done a fantastic job! Look at your accomplishments; we all can see what you've done. Be proud of it. Don't get too attached to a number on the scale, and start working on your goal body

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote