Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 10:02 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Smile April/May alternachick chat

Good morning everyone!

Overcast here today but still warm

I had a great night out last night with my friends but someone bought me a shot of Jack Daniel's - blech! I drank it to be polite but it tasted awful!

Off out shopping and lunching with my mum today. I'm hoping to find a new bag for work and a couple of tops for spring.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 04-06-2006, 09:57 AM   #2  

Lovely day here, a bit crisp but sunny

I'm debating on whether or not to sign up for a wine appreciation class or a cooking class at the local community centre. DH and I took a one night Indian cooking class last month and it was great fun. I'm thinking Thai or Vietnamese this time round.

What is everyone else up to these days?
Old 04-06-2006, 10:19 AM   #3  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Good morning all A wine class sounds fun Mauv, Yum!

I had a great PT appointment yesterday. The therapist was so pleased with my progress that I've been released on my own recognizance. He added a couple new exercises to my routine and I'm to keep doing them daily on my own. Oh! and he made my day when he told his assistant that I was "very strong!" (I'd broken the resistance band he'd given me to do clam shells with so he had him make me a new one out of their strongest material)

It actually made me a little misty. Guess I'm a far cry from the girl that hated PE and was always last in everything.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:30 PM   #4  
Imperfections = beauty.

Happy April ladies!

So I'm new to this thread, but I thought it would be fun to hop in.

Mauv- Thai sounds delicious! I love Vietnamese food, but in general, anything that is really spicy wins me over

Tani - That's funny you mentioned PE. I remember when I was in high school, I got a D in PE cause I refused to do anything. That didn't go too well with the parents!

I have two puppies and one of them is having some neck problems. My girlfriend and I were told she might need invasive surgery so that's not something to look forward to. Other than that, the fitness front is going horribly! I've hit a plataeu so I'm trying to shake things up.

Hope everyones day is going well.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #5  

welcome in_the_ end!

Sorry to hear about your dog hope everything goes well.

Tani- I used to love team sports when doing PE - basketball, soccer, broomball and hockey! I really sucked at gymnastics and was so-so at track & field. I was actually a goalie/defense on my high school soccer team - ha! I was the only punk/freak on the team wit a spiky short canary yellow haircut!
Old 04-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #6  
Imperfections = beauty.

Mauv - That's awesome! When I was in high school, I was in the marching band. I was the only person playing the flute with pink and blue hair.
I miss my hair colors, but it's okay, cause I compensated with 8 facial piercings instead =P
Old 04-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #7  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Woohoo another band geek! I didn't have weird hair until after college though :P
Old 04-07-2006, 04:28 PM   #8  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Welcome in_the_end! I hope your puppy is ok!

And I wasn't a band geek, I just knew most of them. I did dye my hair purple for a few weeks once. I work at a bank, so I have to be careful with things like that.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:07 PM   #9  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Hi all!

This weekend was fun. I had my nephew for a while. He invited himself to sleep over. Now I asked him if he wanted to spend the night last weekend, and he said "no thank you". Apparently he decided this weekend was OK with him. Not that I mind. We had fun. We colored Easter eggs, or "Easter beagles" (from the Snoopy Easter special), as he kept calling them. I can't believe he is going to be 4 this summer.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:03 AM   #10  

He sounds like a real cutie Squeaker!

What is everyone up to this weekend?

I have the next four days off I think I will spend 2 days working around the house (spring cleaning and doing a closet purge) and then 2 days of total R n' R' me time. DH and I are having dinner with my parents on Sunday.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

I wandered into the hairdressers on Tuesday and had my nearly waist length hair cut to my shoulders eeekkkkkk I came out feeling like a damn show poodle what is it with hairdressers, "Product" and excessive blow drying? all I wanted was a messy cut that was rough dried and I ended up looking like an extra from a Troma film. Got home, washed and dyed it Violet Black (too old for bright colours now *sobs*).

Odd thing about it is I'm toying with the idea of going to another hairdresser today and having more cut off, well more layers to make it even more messy but if they come near me with the dreaded "Product" or a hairdryer .......

I also took out 8 rings out of my ears last night, couldn't believe how messy the holes were, think I'll put them back in a minute tehehehe
Old 04-14-2006, 09:11 AM   #12  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

I've never gotten my hair done in an unusual color, I really like my chestnutty color anyway, but I've thought it would be interesting. Now I'm a bit long in the tooth for that, I guess. But I am thinking of getting some highlights for my 25 pound reward. I don't care about covering the grays, I earned every frackin' one of them, but a change would be nice.

Happy Friday!

-Lala
Old 04-15-2006, 02:53 PM   #13  

Moo - it's hard to find a good hairdresser that understands your needs and doesn't pile on the products. I've run home to wash and dry my hair "my way" too!
Old 04-15-2006, 09:29 PM   #14  
Pending Email Confirmation

glad i'm not the only one to have this problem. i tell them, my hair does not part anywhere other than in the middle, no amount of effort will change it. it also will not curl. period. so what do they always want to do? curl my hair and part it on the side. i warn them and they so - oh, it'll work. it rarely even makes it out the door.

my hair has been every colour but blonde in my lifetime. blue, purple, yellow, black, blue-black, red, etc. it's fun. my thought on hair is- it'll grow back. it's been super short, it's been super long. i love that when you are feeling a need for a change you can just cut or dye your hair. of course now that i'm older i've opted for a more natural look, but it was fun when i was a teenager.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:27 AM   #15  

Most hairdressers want to cut my hair really short but I like to keep it shoulder lenght. In the past I have had short and spiky, rockabilly, shaved at the back, a cleopatra bob etc. I would like to have long hair for a while

It is now long enough to put up which I like being able to do in the summer - I get lazy and don't want to blow dry my hair everyday.
Closed Thread