Old 03-31-2006, 05:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

Default AWOL from LAWL for 4 months!!! Help!

Okay, I have been AWOL from LAWL for 4 months, since right before Thanksgiving. They have never called me one time. I recieved a card in the mail yesterday inviting me back. It says that I can start right where I left off without losing any weight loss weeks. But it also says that I can get restarted for $49.00. I signed up for LAWL back in June of 2005 with a 1 year goal date and 1 year of maintenence. I also have money on acct. for the bars. At the time I went AWOL I was down 30 pounds. I have gained about 1/2 of that back.

Has this happened to anyone else? What are you experiences with going back? I could really use some advice.

Cindy
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:33 PM   #2  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Yes this has happened to all of us at some point and time. The time that you are awol will vary for each person but it does happen. I am famous for doing good a few weeks and then going awol for about a month. I keep saying im going to get back on this and then get busy and let the other things going on in my life run my life. I know where all my faults are and that only I can change them. But you just have to get back at it. If you have been gone for four months then thats not a bad price to keep those weeks instead of buying new ones. I say go for it and come back and join the gang i know im going too! Good luck and keep us posted.
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:54 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good luck jumping back on the wagon! You can do this!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:11 PM   #4  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Back Cindy...

Also consider just walking in there and flat out asking for your weeks back. The worst they could do is tell you no.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:41 PM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

go for it, unless you are happy with your weight.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:49 PM   #6  

Thanks you guys. I guess I better start by giving them a call. I'm sure my file has been buried these past 4 months. I'll let you know what they have to say.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:08 PM   #7  

I called and I'm going back in tomorrow morning. I guess the $49.00 is to qualify to buy back your lost weeks at $5.00 a week vs. the $11.00 they would normally cost. Now I am remembering what annoyed me about LAWL, no matter how much you spend with them it's never enough! LOL! But I think I just want to pick up from where I am and go from there. I have 20 weeks left of my year. It would be another $150.00 (approx.) to buy back the lost weeks. I just don't think I want to spend anymore right now. Am I being foolish to not take advantage of the $5.00 wk offer?
Old 03-31-2006, 07:11 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

it depends...are you happy where you are or do you really want to get to 150? Thats all you really need to ask yourself.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:15 PM   #9  

Welcome -- pat yourself on the back for doing this! It's hard to restart (believe me, I know!) but the fact that you're doing it means everything!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:29 PM   #10  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Hi Cindy
When I rejoined LAWL I did it with a coupon that I received by mail that was 7.00 a week and 25% discount in everything that I bought,also they were advertising the new things in the plan(bars, new cookbook etc..) when I
went to pay for the weight loss weeks they were 3.50 so I save a lot.Is good to take advantage of that discounts!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:28 PM   #11  
Let's try this again . .

Cindy! I wondered what happened to you . . . .glad you're back.

About buying back the weeks-you might want to reconsider buying back the weeks cuz they only offer that once or twice a year and only when you've been AWOL. I'm specifically talking about the portland metro area. I tried to buy more weight loss weeks back in december, but here they make you buy them at full price if you're already on the program. The $5 and $3 weeks you see every once in a while are for new members only. And there are no online coupons for our area. It sucks and I was pretty ticked off because I've been signing up to lose 50lbs at a time. Anyway-confirm this with your center. But if you think you might want more weeks in the future, this is your time to do it.

Our area is weird-something about being a kind of corporate franchise. There is apparently more than one corporate office-and they have nothing to do with each other. And all the centers in our area are based out of this "other" corporate office? Confused? Yeah, me too. But it means we don't have the new cookbook, new flavors of bars, and none of the great deals that other folks on this board have gotten.

Ok-I'll shut up now . . .good to have you back.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:13 PM   #12  

Julie Marie!!!! You look fab!!! I am happy to see you are doing so well. I am thinking I will take advantage of the discount. Yikes! I remember people on here saying this about coupons, etc., and wondering why I never got or saw them anywhere. Which center do you go to, Julie? I had been going to the Vancouver one tho sometimes it's waaaay out of the way for me. Was thinking about the Clackamas one. I seem to shop down there the most. Hopefully you will be seeing more of me here!
Old 04-01-2006, 12:03 AM   #13  
Let's try this again . .

I go to the one by Lloyd Center . . . .I like the manager of the center and one or two of the counselors but the rest annoy the heck out of me.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

Maybe my case is different, but i told them ahead of time i will be AWOL until june since i go to school abroad and they were fine with it, so im sure they can make an acception for you and not charge you the 50bucks...do what it takes to get back on!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote