Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-31-2006, 02:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Default big, fat thunder thighs

I am a pear-shape and carry most of my weight in my thighs. I sometimes think that each thigh must weigh at least 65 pounds! My upper thighs are especially fat; each is nearly 7” bigger than the corresponding lower thigh.

I’m whining about this for two particular reasons. First, because I am not losing inches proportionately, my upper thighs now look bigger than ever. I know they are almost 3” smaller than when I started, but compared to everywhere else, they look so huge and fat. Second, my upper thighs are particularly fat towards the inner portion so my thighs rub together as I walk. I hate wearing shorts because I constantly have to pull the legs down between my thighs. The rubbing makes it incredibly uncomfortable to wear dresses and skirts. And my pants, sweat, pjs, etc. wear out fast in the inner thigh area because of the rubbing. I think I am particularly bothered by my thighs right now because I believe the inches lost are from everywhere except the inner and I can really feel them rubbing.

Do I have a freaky body, or does anyone else have this problem?

Will the fat go away eventually? My upper thighs have always been my problem area, even as a teen and long before I gained weight, so I’m dealing with 20-25 years of fat now.
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:58 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I am 20 years old - my thights have been huge my whole life. I don't believe there is anything I can do about it. I measure them - dont remember the measurements off hand tho. I also have HUGE calfs as well - my calfs are almost all muscle but I can see the fat wiggly in my thighs however I don't think they will ever be small.

I know what you mean about shorts and always pulling them down and rubbing together and you legs get sore and raw and red and then it hurts to walk. My pants wear out - even jeans, etc.

Anyway I don't have any tips of suggests but I just want you to know you are not alone.

Another problem for me is the tops of my arms are HUGE as well.

I would give anything to be this thin again - but here I am at 170ish (about 40 pounds less) http://saltypickles.com/me/meagain.jpg and there is my huge arms and legs (althought they arent so jiggly!)
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198 (HW) 183 (SW) / 180 / 150

Okay I keep pluggin this (and I should get some sort of cut from profits LOL) but have you tried The Firm - Lower Body Sculpt? If you haven't, this may be the exact thing you need. I am SO serious about how it really targets that area, and I even saw a difference in my upper/inner thigh in just ONE week of using it. Yea, they are kick butt tough, but, when you really want something to work, they are worth it!

Other than that keep your chin up, you are going to get there
Sassy8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #4  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Ok you sold me Sassy I got to check this out....start looking for you check its in the mail....lol
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #5  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

sf40...I sooo understand what you are saying. My legs seem to be slimming down with all the weights and cardio except for that inner thigh part. I don't have any advice but I'm here for support. Just keep on working...eventually it has to slim down along with the rest of your body. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:34 PM   #6  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy8877
Okay I keep pluggin this (and I should get some sort of cut from profits LOL) but have you tried The Firm - Lower Body Sculpt? If you haven't, this may be the exact thing you need. I am SO serious about how it really targets that area, and I even saw a difference in my upper/inner thigh in just ONE week of using it...
Sassy, I totally agree that firming up your muscles will make your body look better. Just don’t expect to be able to specifically target fat loss on one certain area, unfortunately it doesn’t work that way. Much of what determines where your fat is stored and where it comes off when you lose is determined by genetics. So while firming up your legs will make them less jiggley it won’t make them less fat specifically, it will make the fat look prettier if that makes any sense.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

aaaww, thanks! Your support and knowing I’m not the only one sure helps. And I guess I’m feeling a bit down because I exercise a lot -- both cardio and weights -- and have seen some wonderful improvements in the front and sides of my thighs, but the inner thighs … ugh!

Sotypical: You look great in that photo. I don’t think your legs look huge; you look very nicely proportioned.

Sassy: I do a lot of leg work but haven’t tried The Firm. And because you say you noticed a difference, I may look for it at the store and give it a try. Can’t hurt, right?

Healthy2b: Isn’t that frustrating when every part of the leg slims except the inner?? Hope the continued weights and cardio work for us both! BTW, awesome job on dropping the body fat!

Shananigans: Unfortunately, I think you’re right about the genetics thing. Because I had huge thighs even as a teen, and they were the first to get fat, I suspect they’ll be the last to lose it. I just hope it does go away!!
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:17 PM   #8  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf40
Sotypical: You look great in that photo. I don’t think your legs look huge; you look very nicely proportioned.
nicely round everywhere! haha

I have always been luckly and carried my weight pretty well but it is time to carry it nowhere! haha
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:39 PM   #9  

Height: 5'3

i also hate my thighs and i'm losing in them very slowly. the weight seems to all be coming off my upper body and a little from my hips. try not to get discouraged. they'll eventually slim up if you keep doing what you're doing. you're not alone. i dont wear shorts either. bleh.
shawnamadonna1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:17 PM   #10  

LOL. I have the thunder thighs, too, and I always notice a change in my face, neck, shoulders, boobs, arms, lower legs before my stomach, hips and thighs area. Just not fair! Eventually, it all comes off when you are closer to your goal weight.

Toning up is a great way to feel less chunky in the thighs,too. Hang in there!
lexiesark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:37 PM   #11  
I restore Teeth.

the thighs are really hard to work! I can only get the lower thigh shaped, but not the top!! (I guess thats where all the cellulite is)
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:15 AM   #12  

When the great famines come, we will be the ones who survive, and all the skinny legged chicks will be history!!!

I have enormous thighs. I've lost 10 inches off each thigh, but you wouldn't know it! I look fine from the waist up.

I just laugh. It's the only way! I exercise alot, cardio, strength, pilates, yoga.

They might get better as the fat comes off, but they might not. But you just gotta laugh at our funny bodies sometimes, or you would go crazy!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:34 AM   #13  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Shorts? forget about that, hate when your walking and its creeping up,,,a real nice look. I wear capris, or bike shorts under my dress...that way I don't get the chafing from my things rubbing together. (which is also real nice...lol)
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Ugh, I can't even wear shorts. I haven't worn them since elementary school because my thighs are definitely disproportionately large, and I have never been able to find a pair of shorts that flatter. When I wear shorts, I look like a snake that swallowed a watermelon.
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #15  
I restore Teeth.

i tried doing some squats few days ago- they work! Just grab and chair for support and squat down several times, hold the squat and dip for 3 reps, and do this around 20 times and its a charm! It works the upper thigh really well (well, for me, anyway!)
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote