Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2001, 05:23 AM   #1  
Most boring housewife.

Default Moo

I'm sure you are all thankful I am here. I see we have had multiple days messages on one thread. I should sub all of you to Dragonflylady who will tell you that laziness is nasty.
Old 10-21-2001, 03:36 PM   #2  
fatter than U

Angry just me

Hi Lush! Moo - a very to-the-point thread title.

In the middle of a three day headache. Laundry is all over the laundry room floor and if I have to cook another meal for 6 people I will screaaaaaam. We're going out for sushi tomorrow.

Off to check out the link to Monique and her moles that darling Wabby so lovingly sent me.

See yas!
Old 10-21-2001, 05:13 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Yay, Lushie's back

and being bossy. Or should that be Bossie ?

Poor Sugar, this can't go on much longer. Don't your parents have some friends in some faroff town they need to visit for a while? I know my parents always make me tired when they stay with us (which they haven't done in ages because we only have 2 bdrms--clever ploy, eh?). You absolutely have to give my stepfather something fix-y to do, like prune trees or build something or he will hang around and be critical. And my mother lives for meals, so they have to be discussed ad nauseum.

Spent the afternoon at sil's for fil's birthday dinner. Was quite pleasant, nobody breathed a political word, thank heavens. I was parked on the street in front of her house, right behind their giant leaf pile which was waiting to be picked up tomorrow. When I left, I just started the car and zoomed right through the pile strewing leaves in a path 20 feet long. OOOOOOOOOOPS

I called and apologized when I got home. DD got a good laugh at my expense.

Kiwi
Old 10-21-2001, 09:00 PM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default well--it's almost All Hallow's eve---no wonder Bat Cow is here!!!

Welcome back Bat Cow{as in Lush Bat}IS YOUR COMPUTER FIXED????BECAUSE I PREDICT THAT YOU WILL JOIN US ONCE AGAIN IF YOU ARE ABLE!!!Hi POOOOR sugar and Kiwonk---I gotta go watch the Sopranos...........
Old 10-21-2001, 10:55 PM   #5  
Most boring housewife.

I have no link to Monique and her moles.....am I no longer part of this group?
Are we going to torment out kids when they are adults??? I hope so. I feel so tormented that I will be needing to vent this sometime in the next 30 years. Sugar, you should send your family up to stay with your IL's. It would give them the chance to get to know each other.....it would be good for their grandchildren.
I read on one of her posts that Bagz was lamenting the fact that we were no longer as interesting as we were when we were at Cybermom and hanging wth the Messies...etc....I have to tell you, Bagz...we were always boring. I promise, now that I'm back, that I will post my cleaning list for all of you. Things sure will be interesting again.
I saw the new
Riding in Cars with Boys this weekend. I've only read Stephanie Plum novels all summer. I never have a spare moment because I do NOTHING but drive other people to places that they want to go. The driving age in NJ is 18.....my kids will NEVER drive....at least not at a time when it will do me any good.
I demand someone entertain me now that I'm back. Sugar, how's Steve????? Anyone else having a torrid affair?
Old 10-22-2001, 12:17 PM   #6  

Default Yes!

Our Lushie's back to post her housecleaning list!! What's happening today and what book on tape are you listening to? Lush, be careful what you wish for. When my kids started driving it was a relief that I wasn't on the road all the time, but it was a constant terror to me that they were. Especially after the first accident or two. Eeek!

I'm at that sandwich age in which both my children and my parents are tormenting me at the same time. I did manage to get out of the family birthday dinner this past weekend. DS and his girlfriend went and they said my supposedly rehabbing older sis was slurring her words and harassing the waitress for sloshing a drop of her drink on the table.

DH and I had a romantic anniversary celebration instead of the family dinner. Much nicer. We took the '64 Chev Impala for a drive up the Columbia River gorge, beautiful autumn trees and curvy roads, waterfalls, etc. Then we stopped at the Multnomah Falls Lodge for dinner. It's a beautiful stone lodge, we had wonderful food, wonderful wine, wonderful dessert too. Wonderful wonderful. DH didn't even have a fit about having to park his beloved car in a parking lot.

DD saw that movie this weekend, too Lush. She just said it was "good". Was it? The previews look great.

Sugar, I had that same 3 day headache. Hope your's goes away. Hi Kiwi, Bagzie and Peachpit. Has the kitty arrived?
Old 10-22-2001, 12:21 PM   #7  

Default Doesn't it look romantic?

Go here to see where we had dinner - www.multnomahfallslodge.com

Actually this page is better - http://trips.stateoforegon.com/multnomah_falls/

Last edited by Wabby; 10-22-2001 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-23-2001, 05:35 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default oooooooooo

It's beautiful, Wabby! Must have been really nice.

I've been out of town at a funeral all day. DD babysat the grandkids (of the deceased, not of me ) during the service, and while they went to the gravesite. There were 3 kids, from 5 to 9 yo. They paid her $30!! DH says he's going to scan the obits for jobs for her...

Haven't had time to look at those pics yet, Wab, but I will tonight.

Later.

Kiwi
Old 10-23-2001, 07:15 PM   #9  

Default Kiwi will fix it

She said she could fix my pictures so you can see them. She's soooooo smart.

I'm up 4 pounds since I started eating too much and exercising too little. Eeeekk!! I've gotta stop this now. Holiday gorging is coming up soon. Why is it that as soon as it gets cold out I start making things like apple crisp?

That reminds me of Cranberry's cooking. Wonder what she's up too?
Closed Thread