Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-25-2006, 11:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Default Gazelle?

Hello out there. Does anyone know if a Gazelle works? I have started doing between 3 and 5 miles a day on one (my mom gave it to me). I can do a 10 minute mile now, but I wonder if I'm actually go anywhere with it? No pun intended.
Mandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:19 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

I don't own one but have used a friend's and enjoyed it.

IMO, there's no question that it "works" if you enjoy it and are getting in these good cardio workouts in (congratulations, you're really doing well).
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 154/148/125

I've lost 10lbs so far. I don't do miles because my counter doesn't work right But I do at least 45 min 5-6 days a week. Along with my Denise Austin hit the spot pilates. I haven't lost any weight this week (haven't weighed yet)but I have seen my improvements on my lower half. I love my gazelle. I set mine up in my bedroom in front of the TV. I'm pretty much caught up on all the moives I've DVR'd in the past couple of months.
lighthouse33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/229/135

I have been using mine for almost a month and I love it. I am where you are at, but I usually do 30 minutes (usually a little over 3 miles) 6-7 days a week. When I started, I could only do 2 minutes tops. The first night I had it set up, I worked out every commercial break during a two hour block of television and only did @ 1 mile. I was absolutely appalled at how out of shape I was. I am so encouraged by the results I've seen and how quickly I have improved. I have lost 13 pounds total by using my Gazelle and not eating fast food everyday. I have also lost a half inch from my arms, thighs, and calves and 1 1/2 inches from my waist since I measured 2 weeks ago. Eventually, I need to add some strength building and toning exercises to my workouts, but for now I think that I get a great daily Cardio workout. I know that there are some videos you can get from www.tonylittle.com that should give you a better workout, but I enjoy doing my workout while watching the morning news. If anyone knows if the Gazelle has good long-term effects, I'd love to know!
kellijo1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:08 PM   #5  
Susan hockeyfan7

I like mine. My husband uses it too. We have the one that has the resistance pistons you can set -- I'm not up to using them yet.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 04:02 AM   #6  
Stu's Angel <3

S/C/G: 245 lbs / 220 lbs / 150 lbs

I have one, and I love it. I don't use it every day, I mostly just do other stuff, but the Gazelle always makes me sweat the most... and it really works my legs/thighs like nothing else.

My mom lost 15 lbs by doing nothing other than using the Gazelle for 30 minutes a day, not even a diet change! I think that is proof right there.
Chemicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Thanks guys! That really motivates me to do more with the Gazelle. I haven't lost any weight from it, but at least it makes me feel like I'm doing something positive.

I started the South Beach Diet today so we'll see if that has any effect
Mandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:19 PM   #8  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

How much do these cost? Arent they kinda simular to a eliptical except u are doing a swinging motion instead of a round and round motion?
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #9  

I love my gazelle and use it every day. Nothing gets me sweatin' quite like that thing.
Luffyew is offline   Reply With Quote