Old 03-30-2006, 11:35 AM   #1  
I want a smaller wardrobe

S/C/G: 195.2/151/144

Default Former Weight Watchers?

Gosh, I am full of questions today!

I was wondering how many of you have done Weight Watchers. I did WW for one year and lost 30 pounds. The reason I quit WW and went to LAWL was because I needed structure. I would eat low-point snacks all day and still be hungry. I think LAWL is more nourishing (except for the 1 dairy allowance per day). I take viactiv chews for more calcium. I need the 3 time per week accountability also. I'm striving for success with this program.
merem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:43 AM   #2  

I have tried WW at least 8-10 times through my 30+ years of trying to lose weight. I would lose the weight but could never stick to WW for long because I had the same problem: I WAS ALWAYS HUNGRY!!!! Now I am doing South Beach and feel fine. Sonoma sounds attractive too, but I am afraid that if I eat carbs every meal I will stop losing.
jrnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #3  

I tried ww and actually got to goal, but that was in the days when ww was more structured. I went back before doing LA and lost 24 pounds but it took me 2 years to do it. I need structure and I don't like sitting in a meeting with people bragging about how they cheated and still lost weight. It undermines me and makes me think if they can do it I can. I love LA and I like reading the successes and ideas from this forum. I actually have been back to ww, but just to see if the meeting would help also-especially since I am below my ww goal weight and it doesn't cost anything, but I still prefer LA
MtJulietdieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:08 PM   #4  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merem
Gosh, I am full of questions today!

I was wondering how many of you have done Weight Watchers. I did WW for one year and lost 30 pounds. The reason I quit WW and went to LAWL was because I needed structure. I would eat low-point snacks all day and still be hungry. I think LAWL is more nourishing (except for the 1 dairy allowance per day). I take viactiv chews for more calcium. I need the 3 time per week accountability also. I'm striving for success with this program.
Yep, did WW and I came to LAWL for exactly the same reason. I needed the structure that being a lifetime WW didn't give me.

PLUS I found the whole keeping track of points confusing, and more time consuming that I wanted to deal with.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

I've tried WW three times before. The first time, I was gung-ho and down almost 25 pounds. It wasn't in my budget anymore, and I couldn't keep going. The second & third time, I wasn't into it as much, and felt I was wasting my money. Since I've joined LAWL, I've been sticking (for the most part) on plan, and when the counselors asked me what was helping me with LAWL, I told them because I invested so much $$$ up front.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:38 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I lost from 203-163 on WW, then had to come to LAWL cos I wasnt losing anymore...LOL, sounds familiar.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 167/163/145

I lost 80 pounds on WW and was at my lifetime goal for a year, then hurt my knee and could no longer exercise and my wt. gradually went up until I was 15 pounds heavier. I tried to count my points to get back on program but just couldn't make myself and I didn't want to go back to meetings. I decided that LAWL would give me the accountablity and the fast wt. loss. I am only into it one week, but so far am happy.
It is so interesting to hear the stories of everyone on here.
Cheryl
chsgls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:34 PM   #8  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

I, too, am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers. I reached my goal (which I adjusted to 143 because my body wouldn't lose anymore), but gained all of the weight back plus some. I joined LAWL because of the structure - I like the fact that I must eat from all of the food groups and paid for 52 weeks of maintenace. I truly need to learn how to maintain in order to make this a complete lifestyle change.

Also, like MtJulietdieter said, I hated hearing about how everybody cheated in the meetings. That is one of the things I love about this forum - no one brags about cheating. Yes, we admit to our mishaps, but then move on and continue following the program as written. We don't try to find loopholes in order to get more food.
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:03 PM   #9  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

I joined WW about 3 different times in my life. Once before they had the point system and a couple with points. I didn't do well any of the times. When it was the points I just found ways to have more desserts. I joined LA for the being able to go to the center at least three times and even more if I needed to. And knowing the food choices are balanced and healthy. I'm doing the best on this program then I ever have before.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:59 PM   #10  

I have also tried WW and about every other diet plan out there (nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, phen-fen, etc....) and this is THE most successful I've ever been. I think it's the plan, yes, but I also think a lot has to do with me and where I am in my life. I was ready.
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:02 PM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Hey Kim- hows stabilization for you?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/175/140

I am also a lifetime member who gained it all back ++ Could not bring myself to go back to meetings tried on my own. I joined lawl with a good friend. She helps keep me going, plus we go to cod together wi together and support each other especially when they push the lites.........
plus we both signed up for maintenence
lak_55119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:52 PM   #13  

Guess what Deets - I finally went back to the center after 2 weeks and was up 3 lbs - that after being up 2 lbs 2 weeks ago. I knew it was going to be bad due to all the girl scout cookies! So I bought 5 more weeks of WL to try to get it off before stabilization - I think I'm scared to move on!
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

I did weight watchers a few years ago, i liked the fact that i felt i could eat everything, even when i went out...it was great! and i also liked the meetings, i felt like there were others you can relate to, it was nice....but i only lost a little, and pretty much stayed at a steady weight, i was a lot thinner then, maybe that had something to do with it...maybe the fact that i was paying WEEKLY was the problem...you pay for a year with LAWL and you feel guilty not going! i switched to LAWL because i had A LOT of family members lose tons of weight, besides that, i found WW and LAWL to have both their positives and negatives...But still the results are better for me at LAWL so i cant complain...
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:13 AM   #15  

I guess I am the only one here with a positive WW experience!! Of course, that is why I have had the most difficulty with LAWL is because of what I saw as the rigid structure. I spent way too long pining after all the things I could have on WW and still be OP and still lose weight!!

I joined LAWL for my oldest DD because WW didn't work for her. The FlexPoints were just a license to binge and she needed the structure. Without it, she would spend her points on doritos and cokes and then be so hungry she would overeat.

I liked WW because of the flexibility. I was a points hoarder and never had the problem of being hungry. I could find a points bargain anywhere and always had plenty of points available. I also love to cook and WW was a bonus with your ability to have anything. When I was on WW in 2003, I lost 25 pounds and was never off-program.

However, while I lost weight, my family gained it. They weren't counting points, you see, and all of the food I had available was too much!

Now that I have finally gotten my mind around the whole LAWL structure, I must say that I am enjoying it. I also like seeing DD being successful with her weight loss and that balances out any "pain" I have in not doing the program I prefer!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote