Old 03-29-2006, 04:07 PM   #1  

Arrow Just Started Induction...

Hello,

I just started induction today (I am buying the book shortly, so I am going off of the website but with real food...no substitutes). I was wondering if you could look at what I have had so far and tell me if I am doing alright or if I need to improve in any areas. Thanks! (It's 4:00 pm right now)

B: 3 eggs scrambled with 4 slices of bacon, 8oz H20

32oz h20

L: Medium Chicken Breast with approx. 3/4 cup of Asparagus-16oz of h20

16 oz of h2o, 4oz of diet coke (im cutting myself off of diet sodas!) 1 piece of sugar free gum.

S: 1/2 cup of red peppers with 1teaspoon of ranch dressing and 1 slice of bacon. 16 oz of water.

D: (will likely be: pork chop, salad, and 1 cup of broccoli)

Exercise: ran with dog for 1/2 mile in the morning; spinning class in the evening.

Thanks again!
layners7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:48 PM   #2  
Susan hockeyfan7

Looks good to me. Maybe a little heavy on the veggies, but I don't think it will hurt you.

There are two schools of thought on the diet soda. Some of the ladies on this site gave it up and feel it affects their weight loss. I never gave it up and I drank the diet Coke with the Nutrasweet even though it says not to. I still lost weight. I figured I gave up so much other stuff that I was not giving up my diet Coke.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:50 PM   #3  

Your menu looks good to me. Good luck and make sure you do read the book. He has very important info in it.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:57 PM   #4  

Hello , I just started 4 days ago , so we can do Induction together if you want. I can show you want I have been eating . I have lost 2lbs already so I most be doing something right.

B- 2 eggs- 2 suasage

L- can of tuna - 2 tablespoons of mayo and 2 cups lettuce

D will be 2 porks and spinach
snack for the day is 4oz of cheese
Water - 64oz or more
I stoped drinking pop even diet because it was just easier for me that way.
plb@m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:13 PM   #5  
TemporaryFatChick

I think Atkins is pretty simple, and it works if you follow the plan

Induction:
Eat as much meat and eggs as you need to to feel satisfied, eat 2 cups of salad veggies and 1 cup of acceptable cooked per day (or 3 cups of salad veggies). You can also have up to 4 ounces of cheese, but not cottage cheese, mayo, full fat salad dressing (reduced stuff usually has sugar) just keep your carbs under 20 per day.

Post induction:
Add 5 carbs from the acceptable list for a max of 25 per day. Stay at 25 for a week, then move up to 30 with carbs from the acceptable list. Keep going up 5 carbs at a time, working your way up the carb ladder by adding different foods (they're listed in order in the book). When you quit loosing weight, back up on the carbs if you need to keep on loosing.

Be sure to take a vitamin and a fiber suppliment and keep drinking your water - good job on that so far!

I recommend staying away from processed meats, aspertame, and all sugar alcohols for the first few weeks. If you want to eat them later you can experiment with adding them in and see how you do, but it's important to clear out your system, end cravings, and get the carb tooth under control first.

Good luck!
Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/147/140

Hey there Layners!

Your meal plan looks good! I tend to stay away from carb heavy veggies in the day. I know many Low Carbers will tell you you're better off eating them earlier on so you burn them off but I find it more beneficial for me anyway to save them for dinner. I work late, so sometimes i'm famished by the time I get home. So, i usually eat more protein during the day and save myself the carbs for dinner so that I can fill up!!
Carbprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:04 AM   #7  

Thanks for all of your input! I appreciate it.

One more question...if I eat less than 20 carbs (like 15) is that acceptable or should I try to eat closer to 20? I felt fine, actually, I feel great! -Just wanna make sure I am doing it correctly.
-Plb@m: I would love to stick with induction with you. PM me if you'd like. Great job on the weight loss so far!

Thanks again!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/147/140

I'm eating between 10-15 daily and feel great also. I eat until i'm satisfied at every meal and still the carbs are NOT adding up!!! Some people have told me I should eat more.. but if you're not hungry then i don't see why you should force yourself ya know!!!?
Carbprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:01 AM   #9  

Thank you Carb Princess...I agree . I will just do what feels right for me!
Old 03-30-2006, 11:39 AM   #10  
TemporaryFatChick

The only concern I'd have w/eating too few carbs is if you're skimping on your veggies to keep the count low. Suppliments are great, but there are some essential nutrients you need to get from eating vegetables. Besides, you need a variety of foods to keep you from getting bored.
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote