South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 06:27 AM   #1  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Smile Thursday Titterings...

Up, Up, Up Chickies!

Can't believe I'm the first one here this morning. I really want to crawl back into bed, but have got to get up and get the littles going for the day. I am exhausted though - I was up coughing up a lung half the night, and the other half, the baby was up. It feels like I didn't sleep at all.
But, on the bright side, I think it's going to be a nice day again on this little patch of beach and the sunshine definitely helps my mood and energy.

Have a great day all! I'll check back in from work later
Old 03-30-2006, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kelly, I hope you can get some rest today after your horrible night! It's going to be a fantastic day here, too, plenty of sunshine and warm! I think I'm going to pack up some lunch and take the girls for a picnic in the park after school today. Yesterday we ate our lunch on the patio, then went for a nice hike through the woods to look for signs of spring. The girls thoroughly enjoyed that and were both willing to go down for naps afterwards. I'm wondering if this weekend is too early for me to start putting my winter clothes away and bring out the summer things, or am I pushing it?
My "cinnamon bun" experiment was pretty good yesterday. It would have been much better though if I had been able to eat it while it was still warm, but it was good enough to make again and it satisfied my craving for the real thing.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:45 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Kelly, and thanks for starting us up. Sorry about your lack of sleep. Any chance of a nap today?

I am up very early these days with Miss Lucy who needs to pee earlier and earlier, a sure sign she is preggers. She also managed another "bad dog" trick last night - she got my darts and removed the flies from them. Serves me right for just dumping them on the table when I got home last night.

I really should go to town today - need a new toilet seat! - but may just skip that and do a bit more raking. My front flower bed is still frozen under the leaf mulch so I need to get things loosened up. We expect warm rain tomorrow so timing is good.

It's 34ºF right now - maybe I'll take my coffee on the deck and watch the bird antics. The male cardinal is trying to pick a fight with his reflection in the barn window!

Have a healthy day, Chickies!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:49 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Cottage! I am trying to decide on stashing the clothes too. The wether is way ahead for March 30 and I'm sure we have more cold to come so.... One year it actually snowed in May for Mother's Day! I think I'll just slowly start putting things away as I launder them. The boots are already in the storage boxes.

I'm off to do my PT stretches and treadmill before I get involved in other stuff. I just realized I HAVE to go to town because I need to do some deliveries! Never mind - it'll be a nice driving day.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:47 AM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning kids. Look at me up early. Last night I bought some new running shoes (New Balance) and some mesh pants that were on sale. I love Kohl's (especially when I have a big store credit so it's not like I really spent any money!) Now I just need to get into the habit of running on my own. If it's not too rainy this afternoon, I may go for a run after work/before piano. I have 1.5 miles mapped out in my neighborhood, and that's what I'm going to do daily for awhile, then gradually build up.

Well, need to go make an omelet and get ready for work. You all have a great day!

Lisa
Old 03-30-2006, 08:00 AM   #6  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Thanks Kelly for starting us up,and I hope you find the sunshine an warmth that your looking for.Here are my Hugs for today.

I have an early start, out to the Big C center again.Radiation machine broke the circuit breakers yesterday and all the patients had to leave.I'm so tired from all that driving,back & forth day after day.

I'm really down today,hubby didn't have his treatments yet.Its been a whole week today since we arrived to the center,and nothing happening.Afraid,and scared that the cancer is spreading. So much red tape,and now the radiation machine is broken I don't know when the treatments will start.

My weight is going up due to not eating snacks,so I found out from another board.I'm not eatting enough and I hit the "starvation mode"
Hope there some better news on this thread other than my complaints.I didn't know who to turn to,as hubby doesn't want to let any of our family or friends know. Sorry for lying it down on all you guys.

Hope You all have a wonderful day. Will return later.

Hugs BB
Old 03-30-2006, 08:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default Good Morning fellow chickies

well, it sure was an exxciting time at my DD basketball tournament last night. I young girl my daughter's team was playing against got hit hard and went down. She got up quick but went down again, this time passing out and the not breathing a couple of times. The nurse in me jumped into action, and I went down to help. It was scary, and I really hate trying to be a nurse in such an uncontrolled situation. The young girl just wanted to go to sleep, so I tried to keep talking to her, and annoy her with my idiotic questions; she probably thought what is wrong with this lady . Anyone, finally the ambulance came and she went to the hospital, with big tears in her eyes, scared to death. Her mom and dad were not there, but were on their way to hospital. We have another tournament tonight and hopeful her team is there and we can find out how she is. I sure hope she's OK . I think she will be.
Anyway, enough about my crazy night, life is OK on phase 2 of the beach, except I ate to many carbs(not badones) yesterday and not enough of the protein/veggies and my scale showed it. Well , I guess i will just have to try better today. Plan, plan, plan is my key.

Weezle: good for you for finally buying your shoes I hope they help with your plan for jogging.

Ruth: Raking all ready, KUDOS to you, I'm just glad its sunny here.

Hope everyone has a great day .
Old 03-30-2006, 08:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Good morning everyone!

I'm tiiiiiiiired this morning. Sometimes I'm able to jump right out of bed, and I'm in one of those phases where I just want to hit the snooze button! At my BF's right now and was starving when I woke up so I had a veggie burger with a slice of LF mozzerella... For breakfast? Sure tasted delicious! Trying to decide between working out a little this morning and a little more tonight or just doing it all tonight...

I can't believe that tomorrow is the last day of March? Holy cow!!!!!

Scrappin' - Thank goodness you were there to help that little girl! Kudos to you! Yeah it's REALLY EASY to let too many carbs sneak back in... my trainer tells me 'no carbs at night' so that helps temper it a bit.

Beach Bum - You are still in all our prayers, can't imagine what you are going through so I'll just pray that you and your fam finds the strength... .

Mornin' Weezer - so you FINALLY bought shoes! YAAAAAAY! Congratulations! Happy Running to yoU!

Ruth - Does sound like the weather is shaping up. Have fun going to town!

Cottage - Sounds like some great habits you are teaching your girls, going for walks, paying attention to nature... sounds great!

Kelly - Sorry about your lack of sleep, I hear an apple wakes you up more than a cup of cawfee
Old 03-30-2006, 08:36 AM   #9  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, ladies. Yesterday was a good OP day with only 1450 calories. I feel great. It's been a while since everything fell together like that. I plan on having another one today.

The official SBD site is actually quite helpful just to get the official word on some things. I won't keep my account there long but it's been helpful now. I've looked over the forums and they are nothing compared to ours here. This site is really the best, for both support and information. I just like the other one as a supplement for now. I have gotten little snipits of information such as, coconut can actually be good for you despite it's high saturated fat content. It's limited in P2, which means once a week. I love coconut!! Also, Funny thing is, soo many of them are nothing close to being acceptable for the SBD. They do put a disclaimer that forum recipes haven't been approved by SBD nutritionists but you'd think the peopel on the official site would know better. I found tons of cool P1 and P2 dessert recipes on the forums there. You can bet I will be trying and testing and reporting the results to you gals. I just wish there was an easier way to search the official SBD-approved recipes that they promote so heavily on that site. So far you have to type in an ingredient and then you get a list of recipes. I just want to browse say, the desserts by phases but if I don't know what they are I won't know what to type. Anyone on here ever been on there and have any clues?

My poor dog is having stomach problems. I weaned her off having to have wet food mixed in with dry because her vet said since she was getting older it was better to keep her on dry for now with good quality treats throughout the day. Two nights ago as a treat I gave her 1/2 a big can of a cheap brand and she's had diarreah (sp?) ever since. I came home last night to find a big spot on the kitchen floor and then again another one when I woke up this morning. Poor baby. I can't be made though because she was the easiest dog to housebreak and has always been very good about that. She just doesn't feel good...and at least she has the smarts to do it on the kitchen floor where it can be easily cleaned instead of carpet.

Well sorry I didn't respond to everyone individually today...I ran on too long! Have a great day, gals! You are all so fabulous and you have no idea how much your support means to me.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:39 AM   #10  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Checking in from work now. Got my , just finished a bowl of Uncle Sam and milk and I'm good to go.

Cottage - enjoy your picnic if you go. I think I'm going to start putting away my *really* cold-weather clothes this weekend, but there are a few sweaters and things I'll leave out for a bit longer yet.

Ruth - No chance of a nap today for me until maybe 9pm? That's okay....that's why coffee was invented Did Lucy chew the darts or just disassemble them for you? Maybe her pregnancy hormones are making her a wee bit grumpy???

Weezle - Yeah for store credits! LOL Enjoy the new sneaks.

Beach - for you. Hubby hasn't told anyone? So you're handling the burden of all this yourself? I feel so bad for you - now is a time when you need your friends and family if even for a shoulder to cry on or an ear to vent to. Being a caretaker is very tough work and you need support as much as DH does. We're always here for you. I hope today is a much better day!

Scrappin - How scary for that little girl. I hope she's alright. I hear you on the planning...that's the only way I'm able to stay OP.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:04 AM   #11  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

bird chirping, sun shining, grass green and my D@MN TOM rears it's ugly head...ugh. Well the scale has been kind though and I read the post where it goes up for a lot of you so I'm hoping that it did go up and i just missed it and when I'm down it will shoot down{no one burst my bubble please!}

Beach-I'm so sorry the hubby hasn't confided in anyone yet. I'm sure he doesn't want to make it more real. Hopefully everything will start working for you both and treatments will begin. So def vent away here, that is too big and scary to carry on your own. And stick cheese sticks in your purse, little bags of nuts are at every 7-11 or even in vending machines. You need to keep your strength up to be useful to everyone else that needs you. {{{{HUGS}}}
Old 03-30-2006, 09:34 AM   #12  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Chickies.... Take Care Today
Old 03-30-2006, 09:45 AM   #13  

Mornin' chickies. Not much going on here today. Trying to get some food items planned out and ready for when I go back to work next week. It's been a great week at home staying OP, but the real struggle is when I'm back at work. Have a great day!

Kelly - Hope you feel better!

Cottage - Your spring-hunting hike sounded like it was a lot of fun. Good quality time with the kiddos.

Ruth - I don't know....a new toilet seat sounds pretty darn important!

Weezle - Kohl's is my fave too. Hope the new running shoes work out great.

Beachbum - Hang in there. Feel free to vent here whenever you need to.

Scrappin - How scary at the BB game! Glad you were there to help!

Pear - Your poor pup. Hope she bounces back quick.

Sarah, Batmomm & Crockett -
Old 03-30-2006, 09:50 AM   #14  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

What a morning already. Neighbor came over at 8:30 to make sure we knew he called the cops and spca on our dogs. didn't want us to think someone else called. We just moved in in Nov. he has done nothing but, complain about our dogs barking at him. Well, when you stand right by the fence and stare at them. One of the dogs is the starter, he's 7/8 years old and knows if no one likes him or not. He starts the barking and the others follow suit. Neighbor is afraid he will jump the fence and attack him. Oreo has just enough energy to jump on the couch/bed to sleep. He has never bitten anyone and if I thought he would, I wouldn't allow my granddaughter (2/5) around him. We were warned about this neighbor. He tries telling us when and how to put our trash out, cut the lawn and even said he "didn't have the money to move away".
BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!
Now he is in the back doing some work in his shed and my dogs have to go out. I will have to find their leashes and take them out one by one. We told him they wouldn't bite and he has tried making friends with them. The dogs just don't like him.
Now these dogs range from 5 lbs to 20 lbs. Not big ones at all. All ankle bitters. They can't jump a 4 foot fence. We will have to come up with some sort of solution. We were going to plant a hedge along the fence, but, then he would have to take care of it on his side and he would complain about that. Maybe run some bamboo along the fence. I just can't believe it.
Well, time to get some laundry done.
check back later.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:44 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

I'm back again... just about my TOM... my cycle is all messed up though cause I had a super light TOM last week, but my sugar pills start today so I feel like I'm getting the emotional stuff now! I think I'm going to take off from work around 3 today and give myself an afternoon of leisure... jogging on the hike and bike trail (great gravel trail that goes around Town Lake here in Austin) and just relax...

Feeling sad today and need to get a handle on my snacking and emotional/bored eating. My friend's ex husband called the police last night threatening suicide so she got woken up at 4AM by a call from the police. I drove by his place this morning (per her request) and his car was there... we're assuming he's just passed out because he's an alcoholic and drug addict.

Hoping my day gets better, my mood improves and that I actually do take off early today. Gonna try popping some B vitamins and see if that helps...
Closed Thread