Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-29-2006, 06:25 PM   #1  
LLV

Default Recalling Bad Habits

What used to be some of your worst eating habits? I think it would be interesting to find out how everyone used to eat

My downfall was fast food. I ate it 2-3 times a week, sometimes more. My worst habit was pigging out at night. I would make myself HUGE amounts of food every night before bed and sit and eat it ALL. And I'd plan these meals. During the day I would sometimes put myself together a casserole of whatever I was in the mood for (usually pasta of some sort) and put it in the fridge knowing I would cook it late that night and eat the whole thing.

I still eat late every night. I just make better choices, don't eat as much as I did before, and count whatever I'm having in with my calories.

Another habit was doubling everything. I couldn't have just one pot pie, I had to have two. I couldn't have just one pack of Ramen noodles, I'd fix two of them. Not one sandwich, but two. And potato chips. Gads, that was another one. I'd open a bag of potato chips and sit and polish off the whole thing.

What were some of your worst eating habits?
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

I would drink at least8 cans of coca-cola a day. So I was literally drinking a days worth of calories. My other habits were paying no attention to portion sizes, eating high calorie/zero nutrient foods, and eating even if I wasn't hungry.
BeatlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:48 PM   #3  
with my mind on my monkey

I would bake quick-breads, pies, layer cakes, cheesecakes, coffee-cakes, cookies, brownies, and even fudge... then consume the entire finished product! Desserts never lasted more than 2 days in my house, so now I don't bake anymore.

I still love to cook, but I make healthier recipes and never make sweets - not even as gifts or to bring to functions. I figure if it isn't good for me, it isn't good for my friends, family or coworkers.
HungryMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:29 PM   #4  
I restore Teeth.

I would eat really late too! Pizza and mcdonalds at the same time, sometimes even pasta and soup, ice cream (this was no binge, just simply eating til I was full) I used to love stuffing myself til it hurt (off course, when it did hurt, it was not comforting) I used to eat whenever i was on the phone, I ate whenever I was bored... Thank god I was young and my metabolism really sped up. I never got fat but I did feel like, for a while, that I could never control my eating habits.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:31 PM   #5  
I restore Teeth.

Oh, and those betty crocker cookie mixes- I'd make BATCHES of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and EAT THEM ALL AT ONCE. (DON'T try them! You'll get hooked!!)
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I don't think I felt my stomach rumble in years. I would eat so much, and so often, that I could never tell when I was actually hungry.

Wow, that was not at all fun to type.
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:33 PM   #7  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegdaeien
I don't think I felt my stomach rumble in years. I would eat so much, and so often, that I could never tell when I was actually hungry.
Me too. I don't think I was ever "truly" hungry. But I am now, by gosh, lol! Doesn't bother me, though, I'm used to it. I mean, you're gonna be a little hungry at times when you restrict calories.

Great responses so far everyone, I can relate
Old 03-29-2006, 10:50 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

I would arrive home ravenous and eat the whole bag of cookies as I was preparing supper, then eat supper and have more cookies for desert and eat at night watching TV ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:06 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Cheesey Dreams

2 Slices of white bread and cheese made into a sandwich then FRIED IN LARD!!

Filling a whole baking sheet with oven chips and chicken nuggets. If the tray wasn't full then it wasn't a full portion!

Eating white bread straight out of the bag because it was "fresh" and you could roll it into a ball... much like plasticine!

Eating to shock... 6 bananas in a row - look at me mum! No reaction.

Oh yeah, here's a good one... Buying 2 (YES TWO!) chocolate bars ON THE WAY TO THE FISH AND CHIP SHOP!! Then eating them on the way... and then eating fish and chips or battered sausage and chips with fizzy pop
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:07 PM   #10  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
Cheesey Dreams

2 Slices of white bread and cheese made into a sandwich then FRIED IN LARD!!
OMG!

Quote:
Eating white bread straight out of the bag because it was "fresh" and you could roll it into a ball... much like plasticine!
I used to do that too!

lol

Toooooo funny.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:14 PM   #11  

I did all of the above plus some. The one habit that I am most proud of overcoming is "secret" eating. If nobody saw me eat then I could pretend that I hadn't. I would have dinner at home with the family then make up some imaginary errand that I had to do and then head straight for the drive through. Ugh. I shudder to think how many calories I must have ingested in a day!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:35 PM   #12  
Fat-be-gone

Quote:
Cheesey Dreams

lol

My worst habit is eating when I'm not hungry. I would eat (and sometimes still do) just because there was nothing else to do.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:27 PM   #13  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene
I would arrive home ravenous and eat the whole bag of cookies as I was preparing supper, then eat supper and have more cookies for desert and eat at night watching TV ...
That sounds familiar.. I would wake up at the last minute.. skip breakfast.. most often work through lunch and then after work go crazy eating anything and everything the moment I walked in the door.

Obviously what I could grab from the pantry was not healthy.. so.. I pretty much would eat all night.. a little of this .. a little of that.. I am sure it added up to a lot of this and that.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:54 PM   #14