UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #1  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Default I saw "You Are What You Eat"

Hi UK chicks! I'm from Canada, and I'm invading your forum for a moment. Last night I saw the British tv show You Are What You Eat, and all I can say is, WOW! It was a woman and her daughter and they both ate the most disgusting crap I have ever seen in my life. When they showed the girl a table of all of the things she had eaten in the past week, she could barely look at it, and I could see why! It was soo disgusting... especially the pork rinds! Ew!

So I just had to say Way to Go Brits for making such a disgusting yet entertaining show. Keep it up.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:20 PM   #2  

I think I know the episode you mean, it was shown here not long ago.

It's a funny show. Gillian really annoys me, but then she goes and does some things really well, like when she cooks meals for kids, or finds creative ways to solve problems, like entertaining for friends.

She might be under investigation here shortly for making medical claims on some of her products, like "detox" tablets that claim to restore the liver.

I'm sure it won't stop her doing her tv show though!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

I'd be very interested to know how many people manage to stick to Gillian's diet after filming stops though.

I'm pretty sure I wouldnt last a day on cucumber juice for breakfast and millet stew for lunch.

The food just seems so far from "normal" eating.
I do watch the show every week though, with some kind of morbid fascination!
Artemis__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:54 PM   #4  

It's so expensive too. Good Housekeeping had a break down of all those diets and how much they'd cost you a week, and that was hugely expensive for a week. But a lot of it was fresh out of season produce, like blueberries in winter, which does get dear.

I couldn't eat millet stew for breakfast.....ack!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:06 PM   #5  
****zippy****

Location: I am from Dublin Ireland but now live in Yorkshire England

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresurferchick
Hi UK chicks! I'm from Canada, and I'm invading your forum for a moment. Last night I saw the British tv show You Are What You Eat, and all I can say is, WOW! It was a woman and her daughter and they both ate the most disgusting crap I have ever seen in my life. When they showed the girl a table of all of the things she had eaten in the past week, she could barely look at it, and I could see why! It was soo disgusting... especially the pork rinds! Ew!

So I just had to say Way to Go Brits for making such a disgusting yet entertaining show. Keep it up.

I cant stand that woman she does my head in lol my god she is obsessed with peoples poo I mean lord above us who in their right minds wants to examine someones s**t all the time lol.....think the lights are on but noone is home with that woma but then Im not british but irish lol

xx

zippy

zippy_loopy_squirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:50 PM   #6  

She announced there were pigs snouts and such in hot dogs to one couple last night. And then attempted to get the woman to eat some of the snout. You've got to laugh...
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:24 PM   #7  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I agree Freya, it's so funny! But maybe I am just sick like that. I will definitely try to watch again.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

What else is in millet stew?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:40 PM   #9  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Hi UK Chicks

I just saw this post on my venture through the site...I am from Canada. I watch that show all the time...its hilarious! Gillian cracks me up...she annoying but boy does she get her point across! haha
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:14 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresurferchick
I agree Freya, it's so funny! But maybe I am just sick like that. I will definitely try to watch again.

Certainly put me off sausages for the time being! I could live without the poo examination though.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:33 PM   #11  
Thinking healthy!

S/C/G: 438/436/350

Height: 5'5½"

I think Gillian is so condescending! I mean entertainment-wise I can see how it's funny, but in reality if she really wanted to help these people maintain a healthy lifestyle calling them 'disgusting' at every chance is not really going the right way about it! If she said that to me, I'd automatically switch off.
Amy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:34 PM   #12  

Yes, she is a right old bag. She annoys me but I still watch...
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #13  
Heather/Caterpillar

I saw a comedian last week, I think it might have been Ricky Gervais but there were loads of them on I got all the jokes mixed up ;-) anyway, he (whoever he was) said they should rename that programme 'You're a big fat f**k aren't you?' and it consists of her going to overweight people and taking the p*ss out of them, it is televised bullying of fat people! Just cracked me up!
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #14  
Heather/Caterpillar

Oh he also said that if we are what we eat then she should cut down on the sour faced Scottish midgets!
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #15  

Haha! Now that's funny