South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 02:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/187/160

Question Olive Garden on SBD?!?!?!??!

Hi Ladies,

My boss just announced that there will be a team lunch tomorrow at the Olive Garden....BAD news for me.

Although looking at their menu online, they supposedly offer whole wheat linguini. So I was thinking of getting grilled chicken alfredo over whole wheat linguini and eating mostly the chicken. I know alfredo sauce is terribly fattening, but it's low in carbs and sugar (when compared to spaghetti or meat sauce). I'm planning to fill up on salad (minus the croutons) and then have the main course. I know this is definitely not Phase 1, but this is better than eating regular pasta right?

I don't want to be annoying and just eat the salad infront of all my bosses, that would give a bad impression.

Help??? They say that if you've got bad food infront of you and it's your only option, to choose the healthiest/best thing available....I'm doing that right?????

Nicole
Old 03-29-2006, 02:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default It shouldn't matter waht you eat

If you are a good worker and your boss knows it, then it shouldn't maatter if you eat salad or whatever. If you want something besides salad, you idea sounds good but I almost think you would look oddier trying not to eat the alfredo sauce but everything else, LOL.Good luck,
Old 03-29-2006, 02:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

They actually have some lower carb items that seem to be lower in calories also... I had the pork filetino I think is what it was called? Came wtih potatoes but just got double veggies instead...
Old 03-29-2006, 02:37 PM   #4  

Sarah, yes they do have some low carb options, but it's only on their dinner menu, not on their lunch menu...I will have to ask them when I get there about them. If not, I'll go for the chicken alfredo over the whole wheat pasta.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:01 PM   #5  

I'd get the soup and salad with dressing on the side. The soup is a lot better than the alfredo sauce, has beans and has less pasta.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:06 PM   #6  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

I don't think a salad makes you look bad to your boss. Does your company fown on health??? LOL Instead of just salad bar do they have a chicken or steak entree salad??
Old 03-29-2006, 03:50 PM   #7  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Nicole,

I think you're making the best choice possible if they don't have any of their low-carb options offered at lunch. Either the soup that quilter mentioned, or the whole wheat & chicken that you're talking about.
I know how it feels to try to eat OP around others that just don't understand. I get a lot of looks when we're out and I order something without the croutons/bread or if I pull out a bag of almonds at a meeting while everyone else is digging into the doughnuts. It's hard, but we have to be committed to the WOE. Good Luck!
Old 03-29-2006, 03:56 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

there is a salmon dish i've had it might have msg in it tho
Old 03-29-2006, 04:41 PM   #9  

Thanks Kelly,

I'm sure my bosses would understand if I was on a diet - well sorta. I just don't feel it's necessary to explain it to everyone. And I'm sure they'd look at me like I was crazy. A look I'd rather avoid. Plus I'd like to enjoy the luncheon to some extent - I know it's not completely on plan, but it's still better than going out and eating a basket of bread or something similar.

And you're right, it is hard, however I have found that this diet is the easiest to stick to, because you see the results almost immediately (especially when compared to other diets) and you know if you fall off the wagon, you can jump right back on the following day.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Try the minestrone soup and salad!

It's my favorite lunch there anyway - and I'll bet a lot of the other people will be eating it too - that's what happens at our office lunches.

Sue
Closed Thread