South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 06:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Chick Chat

Good Morning All,
Today is my busy day, so I need to get in and out of here fast. There's nothing real exciting to report on, except that the weather is agreeable and it's great to get outside again. I spent a very satisfying couple of hours cleaning up my flower beds, and it's so nice to see all the perrenials starting to push up through the ground and to see buds on the trees and shrubs. Every day I see more hints of green as I'm driving around. I soooo looking forward to warm Spring days!
I have my breakfast and lunch packed and ready to go. I've been hungry for cinnamon rolls lately, so this morning I toasted a WW English Muffin, then sprayed it with ICBINB and sprinkled some cinnamon and Splenda on it. I'll eat it after Curves while I'm on the go, but I hope it tastes like a "real" cinnamon bun!
Gotta go for now, here's to a great OP day for us all!
Old 03-29-2006, 06:52 AM   #2  

Mornin' all. Quick note and then off to Curves. I was really excited this morning. Looks like my week of "good P1 eating" is paying off. I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down 4 pounds! Hopefully it's not a temporary thing. My official weigh-ins are on Monday, so we'll see what it says then.

Cottage - I really need to get outside and work in the yard today. I've been putting it off all week, but we have rain moving in tomorrow, so I can't put it off any more. I'm waiting for my trees to start budding. They're just about there...

Will check back in later, chickies.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:58 AM   #3  

Morning chicklets!

Cottage Good morning! Your english muffin sounds good- let us know if it resembles a cinnamon bun in any fashion!

Jana Good morning! Have a great day. WTG on the 4 pounds- that is awesome!!

Weezle I couldn't view your before/after pics at school yesterday- they are fantastic. You should feel awfully good about yourself!

A quick post this morning for me. I am down a pound, who knows how or why, but I will take it! I will weigh again on Friday for my official loss/gain/maintain for the month.

Busy day today- a girlfriend is watching the baby, then we are back to our normal schedule tomorrow. Closing my other DDs preschool for her teacher this afternoon, then bunco tonight. Hoping to win the big money tonight (a whopping $30!)

Okay- no hope of getting out the door on time if I don't get moving.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:06 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from the "Northland". Send some of the greenage up here, Cottage - the kitty willows are out but that's about it for budding. I sometimes mix cinnamon and Splenda into ff cream cheese (limited on Ph. II) and have it on a ww English muffin.

Jana, on the 4 pounds. I am sure you can keep it off until WI day.

Kiko, good luck at bunco tonight. It sounds like your day will be busy and a nice relaxing and fun evening will be great.

It's 20ºF here but going up to the 50's. It's good syrup-making weather with cold nights and warm days. The ground is still frozen in places so raking is not on the agenda today but I may peek under the mulch to see what's happening. ;flow1: Since we're frozen, it's not a muddy paw morning - yet!

Yesterday I got my snow tires removed and new ones put on - $800! I'm sure it would have been cheaper at Wally World but the boys at the Ford dealership really do look after me so I bit the bullet and gave them my business.

Hersh goes back to the fur stylist this morning for a bit of a touch-up - Holly got interrupted last week and didn't get the ears done. She has spaniel ears right now instead of the rounded teddy bear ears that are correct for Porties. So silly! Once she's all spiffed up I'll take her to visit Harry in the afternoon. Darts tonight will fill up my Wednesday!

The garbage is ready to be lugged to the road for pick-up as soon as I get dressed so I'd better jet.

How's your Hump Day shaping up?
Old 03-29-2006, 08:01 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chickies! Yesterday was a good day. I ate one of the ww lean cuisine entree's. Hopefully this will get me out of my slump. I know it will come in handy today as I have a long day at campus ahead of me. Today is the day I teach all day. I usually don't have my classes go the full 2 hours they're supposed to so I get some time inbetween but it's so fragmented its hard to get any thing done.

I think for dinner tonight I'll have chicken picatta over sauteed cole slaw mix. I love that stuff, you can use it to go under a stir fry instead of rice, or for just about anything. I get the store brand that supposedly has carrots in it but they are few and far between. What are the rest of you chicks eating today?

I ended up signing up for the official site yesterday just to keep myself abreast of the latest happenings. I may cancel after the 7 day free trial, don't know. So far this site is much more user friendly. I don't like that you can't just browse the recipes on that site. Maybe I just haven't found the right page yet but all I've seen so far is a recipe search where you type in an ingredient or recipe type. One thing that surprised me is the site has lots of emphasis on exercise.

cottage: let us know how your mock cinnabon thing turns out. I tried that the other day with ww bread and it wasn't very good. I must've done something wrong. Have a great day.

Jana: congrats on the 4#, that's fabulous! Yaayy, you!!!

kiko: have fun at bunco tonight. what exactly is that? like bingo?

ruth: the cinnamon cream cheese sounds great. I got a recipe of the SBD site where all you do is stuff a pita w/ cottage cheese and sf jam. Sounds good but I'd probably have to sweeten it up a little bit or do 1/2 cott 1/2 ricotta. How's Lucy doing? any pickle cravings yet? (BTW, my friend has a rattie named Lucy...she calls her "Lucky Lucy" because she saved her out of her bf's python aquarium just in time)!!
Old 03-29-2006, 08:04 AM   #6  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning, just a driveby for me on my way to the treadmill.
Doctor said lungs sounded good. Allergies today for the asthma.
Good going on the weight losses.
Spring is in the air. I wanted to plant my bulbs, but, in two weeks they are putting in new window right at the flower bed. So, better wait until they are done. Didn't even think of them until yesturday.
Well, off to the treadmill.
Have a great sunshine day.
Cathy
Old 03-29-2006, 08:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Default Good Morning everybody

Really wondering if I should go back to Phase 1 for a week, just to detox my body of carbs and have a "fresh start." Last night I didn't do so well... My sis and her friend came by and they are eaters so we spent the evening munching (at first) on low fat snacks, fudgecicles, pickles and I didn't eat anything OP but ended the evening taking spoons of PB out of a jar cause it tasted SO GOOD! So back to square one, today is another day and I'm about to head out the door to meet with my trainer. I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to break the 140 mark by the time I go to 'You Know Where' (can you tell how excited I am???!!!!) So it's time to bust some tail!!! I got the exercise thing down, now eating and overeating can you please just follow? I have a good friend of mine that just started Phase 1 this week so I need to check in with her so we can hold eachother accountable.
Mini victory: Best friend was down the street at a bar last night and even though she pleaded, I wouldn't give in. Anyways hope everyones day is just beachy!

Chipper - Have a great day and congrats on the loss! Visiting doctors is no fun!

Pearshape - I've always been curious about the official site, felt like kind of a scam but you'll have to keep us posted!

Ruth - Now 50s I can deal with, i bet it's going to be beautiful! Down here it rained like 5 inches yesterday or something crazy like that? Just humid and warm.

Kiko - A pound is a pound so CONGRATS!

Jana - Great job on P1! I love the way the weight just melts off! Way to stay focused!

Cottage - Cheers to an OP today with Portion control!! (that's my mantra for today!!!)
Old 03-29-2006, 09:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/187/160

Morning Ladies!

Only 2 days left until I leave for the water park! Any chance I can drop 10lbs in the next few days?? I'm hoping I drop another 1-2, I'm sticking to P1 and haven't cheated (well since Sunday anyhow)! The good news is the pound I put on, came right back off in a day, so that's definitely a good thing!!

It's off to step aerobics tonight (my fav aerobics class). The instructer has started adding weights in with the routine, which kicks my butt, but that's awesome. Not too much else to report...

Sarahslacker - Congrats on the willpower to stay away from the bar. That's not easy to do!!

Chipper, Cottage and Pear - Good Morning!

Ruth - Buying new tires always puts a huge dent in the wallet. I need to bite the bullet this fall and buy some snow tires, I discovered that my new car doesn't handle worth a crap in the snow. It's so weird to be driving straight and all of a sudden feel the car start to slide. I've never driven a car that's been this bad in the snow - needless to say, I'm glad spring is here.

Kiko and Jana - on the weight loss! I'm hoping to be in your boat tonight when I weigh in.

Okay, off to my morning meeting. I'll be so glad when it's Thursday at 4pm!

Nicole
Old 03-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #9  

Morning Chicks, no time for individual responses today.. I'm in between interviews -- I feel like Goldilocks: This just is toooo far away, This job is too much travel...

Hopin every on stays on plan today!!!!!! I'll try to peck in later!
Old 03-29-2006, 09:52 AM   #10  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

good morning chicks!
It's a beautiful day here on the beautiful eastern shore of MD. The sun's a shining, bird's chirping, etc. I hope my day today goes better than yesterday! My ds has gone on a school trip for a week to a place about 3 hours away from here. It's supposed to be very fun as well as educational. Well, he calls last night and tells me that ever since he got there he's been harrassed and bullied by three boys whom he's sharing a cabin with. He says everytime he goes into the bathroom to take a shower or use the toilet they walk in on him and either pop him with a towel or call him fat and tease him! He also said that when the chaperone walks out of the room they corner him and hit him with pillows! My heart is broken right now cause he's so far away and I feel helpless! I have made several calls and am trying to get him moved to a different cabin but no one has returned my call yet! This is so frustrating to me! Sorry to ramble....I'm just so

Schatzi~I can imagine what a pain it is to have to travel so far to get to work
Dare~Have fun at the water park! My aerobics instructor recently added weights also. Doesn't this help to build lean muscle?
Sarah~It's nice having a friend to do this woe with. Accountability is a good thing! Good for you avoiding the bar! I wish I could say the same....after last nights phone call from ds I had 3 beers! I know that's a terrible reason to drink but that's what I did!
chipper~Glad to hear that your lungs are sounding good!! Have fun on the treadmill.
pearshape~I'll have to try that chicken picatta! That sounds yummy!
Ruth~Thanks for the cream cheese with splenda and cinnamon idea...sounds great!
kiko~have fun at bunco!
Jana~congrats on the loss!
cottage~Isn't it great? SPring is here!!! The only thing that's come up in my flower bed are iris' and my rose bush has started showing signs of life!
batmomm~If you're out there....I made your enchiladinis recipe last night for dinner and it was delicious. One problem though....there was all this liquid when I dipped down into it with a spoon! I drained my cottage cheese in a colander first and it was so thick there wasn't any liquid that came off! Not sure what happened there! Was yours like this?
Everyone have a great OP day! Tara~
Old 03-29-2006, 10:03 AM   #11  

Quick Hello! Work is crazy and I have a ton of stuff to do for Scouts. I'm going out to lunch today but they have a wonderful vegetarian black bean soup and side salad.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:19 AM   #12  
Determined Loser!

Default Gooooood morning!

Hey everyone!
I've been talking in the phase one start in mar 19 thread- but that thread is kind of dying so I thought I would join in here if nobody minds I've been on phase one for 10 days now and I only cheated once! (ate 3 or 4 skittles- its not really cheating to me) I'm really proud, and I'm definitly excited to get phase one over with!

Congrats to everyone on their weightloss'. It's really an inspiration to see that it CAN BE DONE!!! Which I sometimes have troubles remember. How often do you guys go back onto phase one? Do you only go back when you have cravings, or for a detox?

I don't have time to write individual comments. In a rush for work, sorry. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 03-29-2006, 10:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Tara, Gosh I feel SO BAD for you and your son. I hope and pray that it works out for the best very soon.

Can you tell me where to find the enchilada recipe??

I am SO excited because I was DOWN 2 lbs this morning. My new low! I am going to be below 160 very soon!!! YEA! This is the best way of eating for me!
I am going to the store today to buy more veggies and some salad and grilled chicken strips. Maybe have taco salad for dinner.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:00 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a Mammagram this morning,and the results will come back in 1 week.I'm not too worried,as I have one once a year.

Hubby drove around town for awhile,so he doesn't get out of practice. His spirts are good and up lifting ,so are mine today. I'm sorry I complained about the driving I was just so tired these last few days.

Weight is still climbing, even after Big Viper left. I watch what I eat,but I think its the lack of exercising.Though I didn't exercise when DH was in the Boston Hospital,when I lost 3 lbs. Can't figure.!!!

THANKS LADIES FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND WISHES,AS ONE
SAID: "AND THIS WILL PASS".

Hugs BB
Old 03-29-2006, 11:06 AM   #15  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Morning Chickies,
Well woke up this morning not only on TOM but also having some stomach problems. Double Whammy....life is just not fair. Sat down to work, drinking my coffee and find out there is no work this morning. So I now have some new found time on my hands. Whatever shall I do with it? My week really is soooooo packed I need to spend it wisely and not in bed watching a movie like my body wants me to. I think I have made Sunday the official house cleaning day for this week. Normally I would spread it out but no time. I have yoga and cardio on my calendar for this evening...I guess I could do strength training here at home and then just do Yoga tonight and push my cardio to tomorrow. I think that is what I am going to do. Good news, was an angel as far as food and water went yesterday, DH too. Getting back on track seems to be working.

Well I will still be checking in. Drink your water, remember "You have to be the change you want to see in this world." - Ghandi

cottage - Just imagine what that real cinnamon bun could do to your waistline...great job coming up with a substiture you girls are so creative!

janaM - congrats jana, 4 lbs sounds like a definite reward from some good old ph1 eating. Keep it up.

kiko - get moving girl, have fun tonight...

ruth - Oh my god $800 for tires, I need to get mine done too but I officially dunwannaaaaaaa. Have fun at darts!

pear - I was originally going to sign up for the site then I found you lovely ladies and it just seemed to be pretty helpful but best of all FREE!

chipper - I hope you are feeling better now. Good news from the doc eh? Have fun on the treadmill, burn some calories for me eh?

sarah - congrats on the bar avoiding willpower. You know usually when I am working out like crazy my eating follows as I hate to blow the calories I just worked off. Does your trainer do anything for food? Maybe having to log it and actually go over it with someone would make you be more angelic.

dare2love81 - I should try aerobics, for now I am just doing yoga and although soothing, I have to do like at least a half hour of cardio after it...does very little calorie wise.

Schatzi - good luck on your interviews hun.

tar - thats a hard situation. Just the fact that you ds called you must mean it is pretty bad, kids hate to have parents intervene. I would keep on being the super mom that you are and ring up their phone till they do something.

barb - well quick hello to you too, have a great OP day.

jazztap - Love your avatar... join in, we love new chickies and chatting!

debbie - I need to go to the store as well. All I have is processed junk...congrats on your loss.
Closed Thread