Old 03-28-2006, 03:37 PM   #1  

Default I'm hungry all the time

Does this mean I am not getting enough food? I haven't increased my exercise or anything I don't know why I am more hungry now then ever. I am about 5 pounds from goal, if that matters. Like I said before my center is very unhelpful and don't seem to know anything about anything. I can't get one of those ticker things to work. I started at 158, am currently 130 and want to be 125. Thanks for the input and sorry for annoying you guys with questions, but really, my center is NO HELP.
loseitlaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:03 PM   #2  

Laura-

Are you getting all and more of the water in? You've prob. heard too that sometimes hunger is really thirst? I know, sounds pretty sad!!! I have also heard that if you eat a starch alone, you'll be hungrier - combine it w/a dairy or protein, or Veg.

I have tried eating alot of small meals throughout the day - snacks really- and it seems to help: example (and I'm on Gold with Lites)

1. 1/2 Wholewheat English muffin w/1 oz. cheese breakfast - 7 am (1/2 D and S)
2. 9 am - lite or other bar
3. 11:30 lunch: P and V
4. 2:00 bar and apple -F
5. 4:00 eng. muffin pizza w/ cheese -S and 1/2 dairy
6. 6-7 dinner: P and V
7. Applesauce with Beries for dessert

I feel like there's something to eat always just around the corner...

Hope this helps, dear!

A.
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Laura - I with you on that. Just ate my lunch and thought - that was a nice appetizer...what's for lunch now.
This serious portion control is killing me.
I am not really so much starving, but want to eat more!!

These last 5-6 lbs are going to make me work.

Off topic - just had some buffalo parmeson with lunch (oh yes, a wee tiny bit - ) - it was divine!!!

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:41 PM   #4  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Laura--Hot tea really helps me get through. I was always a desert eater --needed that sweet after a meal. So now I have a vanilla caramel tea (thanks Katie!!) with a tiny bit of FF creamer and LOVE it. I am also addicted to the decaf flavored tea before bed--can't sleep without it now. Katie--I was thrilled to find it so easily--both Alberstons and Walmart have them--never have even looked--didn't think I was a hot tea gal but I am now!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Boo'smom - what brand is that yummy tea???
I could use something to quelch my sweet tooth.
-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:25 PM   #6  

Drink lots of water and think bulk when you plan your meals. For example, instead of an english muffin for breakfast have oatmeal, mix in a fruit serving like banana and stawberries. Then, have an egg omlette with mushrooms or onions or spinach and have a giant cup of coffee or tea for a protein and vegetable serving. That is extremely filling for one meal.

I usually skip making pasta on my own unless it comes in a pre-packaged dish mixed in with veggies and meat. The serving size limit is such a tease for items like pasta, and it hardly fills you up. BUT, if you go bulk on everything else, think smart, drink your water, and have proteins, veggies and fruits you can have in large quantities--you'll get super full, super quick.

Have you considered spacing out your meals? I try to have 5 meals a day so I rarely get hungry on plan. I'm a boredom eater. I like to eat. I like having my hand to my mouth at all times--this is why this works for me.
arabianflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:00 AM   #7  
on LAWL

S--it's Bigelow's--Katie recommended it and it's GREAT. There a tons of flavors. She found a cherry vanilla (we didn't have it) but I found vanilla caramel, and french vanilla decaf (can you tell I like vanilla??). Anyway, there are flavors to fit anyone's taste. It really has helped, it satisfies both hunger and sweet tooth pangs.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:56 AM   #8  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Boos- There are some teas on the Celestial Seasonings website that I must have. I have to wait until I get paid on Monday to order them, but they are called dessert teas. There is an almond one, an english toffee one, and some others. My DH said I can't buy more tea until I drink up the many boxes in the cupboard, so I have been a tea drinking fool this week!

Lara- If I get too hungry, I rely on really low cal veggies like cucumber, zuchinni, and celery. My dirty little secret is that I go over on veggies every day. It has not seemed to hurt me.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:40 PM   #9  
on LAWL

OOhhh Katie--the English Toffee sounds delicious! Let me know. I'll have to look for it around here, too.