Old 03-28-2006, 10:29 AM   #1  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Default Tell me about mcdonalds grilled chicken

I hadn't eaten all day and was riding along with someone else who wanted mcdonalds.
out of everything there I got the grilled chicken sandwich. I took the bun off and at the chicken, lettuce and tomato. Here are the ingredients from the mcd site:

Premium Grilled Chicken Classic Sandwich:
Honey Wheat Roll, Grilled Chicken Breast Filet, Mayonnaise Dressing, Leaf Lettuce, Tomato Slice, Liquid Margarine

anyway, do you think the filet was 'real' chicken or some kind of ground up chicken with all kinds of fillers in it??

What do you eat if you have to go there??
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:43 AM   #2  
Meg

I was amazed when I found out that McD's 'grilled chicken breast' actually has more than 27 ingredients in it. I mean, isn't 'chicken' supposed to be ... chicken??

Quote:
Grilled Chicken Breast Filet:
Boneless, skinless chicken breast filets with rib meat, colored with paprika and caramel color added. Contains: Up to 20% of a solution of water, seasoning [salt, sugar, modified corn starch, maltodextrin, spices, dextrose, autolyzed yeast, hydrolyzed (corn gluten, soy, wheat gluten) proteins, garlic powder, paprika, chicken fat, chicken broth, natural flavors (animal and vegetable source), caramel color, polysorbate 80, xanthan gum, onion powder, extractives of paprika], modified food starch, sodium phosphates. Grilled with liquid margarine. Contains wheat and soybean ingredients.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:58 AM   #3  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

I refuse to eat there -- have you seen Super Size Me? It will gross you out so bad you will never eat fast food again & I am proud to say we haven't in 6 months since we watched that show. Believe me, it works if you need to find a way to get off the fast food craze. We will take the extra time and go in to a restaurant to order now.
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:58 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Wow Meg! Thats what we get for assuming its just chicken eh?!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:17 AM   #5  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Thanks Meg, I was wondering. I was afraid of the salads because even the dressings have a lot of carbs. Maybe next time I should just drink the water and find a normal place I can eat on the way home!!

Marsho: I actually bought that movie because I loved it so much. What happened to the guy in the movie didn't surprise me in the least!! I was actually a vegetarian for a long time because of this movie
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:38 PM   #6  
Susan hockeyfan7

There is no such thing as real meat at McDonald's. I have a friend whose 10 year old son decided to be a vegetarian. He would eat McDonald's chicken mcnuggets though because he said they weren't really chicken (at least not in his mind).

I avoid all fast food like the plague. I didn't even know that their chicken had wheat gluten in it -- they sure don't advertise that.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote