Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:48 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 3/27 - 4/2

Starting the topic for the week - be back in a little while.

Judy
Old 03-27-2006, 10:15 AM   #2  

Ciarra - Welcome! Congratulations on starting, welcome to day 2 and that great loss!

Karen - WTG on starting WW online. I think it's a great step to help you get that accountability. I know you said that you were going to work again but I didn't realize you were up so high! We haven't seen any blooms but crocus so far but there's a lot of things coming up and I can't wait for everything to bloom. Good luck tomorrow (or is it today) at the new job, Prof! My birthday is tomorrow (49). Tony and I are going to either go out to dinner tomorrow at a local Asian restaurant, or more likely, get take-out from the restaurant (my suggestion since it's a work day). I can do well there - a lovely dinner can be mostly Core + a few points. Unfortunately, Tony will be on a business trip Fri - Sun this coming weekend - and I'll have to watch my emotional eating!

Tanya - I think indoor soccer (or do you call it football?) defintely counts as exercise! As far as skipping your workout, you said last week that you overdid it on the exercise one day (and have been working out a ton) so I think you deserve a rest day. I'm the last one to tell someone NOT to get some activity into their day, but there is such a thing as overtraining too. A rest day or two a week, when you are really putting in the effort on the other days, is a good thing, and something that's suggested by fitness experts too. As for eating rubbish, we've all been there (actually, ate a WHOLE lot of rubbish last Wed); the important thing is to forgive yourself and move on. It sounds like you are ready to do that. Here's a little bit more of that to help (thanks for the idea, Karen.)

I did OK yesterday at my mom's. While I ate too much and felt too full, I didn't feel stuffed which is what I would have felt if I hadn't tried to be mindful of the "full meter." I jotted down what I ate and counted the points and had a good time - oh and I did do that tape in the morning and earned a buncbh of activity points. Not bad for a birthday celebration! Unfortunately, when I got home, I started feeling congestion in my chest (I'd been fighting something off since Friday evening) and I woke up this morning with it feeling like it was heading to bronchitis! The last thing I wanted to do was call in sick (having been out twice in the last two weeks, and I don't get paid if I'm not there) but I figured better safe than sorry. Oh, and I sound like a frog and probably counldn't get up and speak in front of a class all day anyway. I went to the doctor and got a Z-pack and am spending the day in bed. Hopefully, this will catch it before it gets worse and I can work the rest of the week. No exercise today.

Have a great Monday!
Judy
Old 03-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #3  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Judy - Hope you have a great Birthday! I always struggle at my mom's house too...it's almost like her food doesn't count or something! (NOT!!)

I had a decent week last week after using all my flex points at the very beginning of the week. I'm finally feeling like I was in the early stages of my weightloss (very confident about my choices and very in control) so I am super-psyched about getting the rest of these pounds off.

I participated in my mom's garage sale this past weekend and sold off a bunch of my old clothes (sizes 16/14/ big 12's) so that was kind of a traumatic/exciting experience - like there's no turning back now. I have kept a few of my nicer items of clothing and one pair of jeans. We hope to try for baby #1 next year so I'll be needing some bigger clothing items!

It was a reality check that I don't want to go purchase another wardrobe! Rest assured, my rear was on the treadmill this past weekend and I stayed in my point range.

Me and my relationship with CORE has dissolved...just not for me...at least not right now...I think I picked completely the wrong time to try it out since I was already struggling with my portions anyway...

I'm still not changing my ticker just yet...the scale this morning read 168 (down from 170ish) but I'm NOT changing my ticker (it's a mental thing) - I am keeping myself accountable on my spreadsheet.

Watch out 150's, here I come!!!

Have a wonderful week, everyone!!
Old 03-27-2006, 03:34 PM   #4  
Back on Program!

Default down a pound

Hey everyone! I am down one pound this week,which is sooo motivating and a little surprising since I had a bad week and went over my points almost every day. It must have been the exercise that saved me---I got my 3 days at the gym in plus some yard work. It's been so long since the scale has gone down, I forgot how good it feels!

Judy---I hope you feel better. Whenever I take a z-pack it takes forever before I start feeling better! I hope you are resting today so you can have a happy birthday!

Emily--I am heading to the 150's with you girl!

Karen--I didn't read about your new job so I will go to last weeks thread---but congrats!

I have been working a lot these past few days. The 12 hour shifts are awful, but I really have no choice. My friend is dragging me to latin aerobics after work tonight and then I have to be back here tomorrow at 6:30am! But then I am off for 5 days in a row, and therein lies the benefits of the 12 hour shifts.

Talk you you all soon! Stay motivated!!! Welcome to the newbies!!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:13 PM   #5  

I'm feeling a bit better today. I got some exercise in - 60 minute walk and 45 minutes Core Secrets. I had a bad blowout yesterday and felt so awful last night through bad food choices. Then I'm left wondering why on earth I do that to myself when I know how it's going to make me feel. Still hanging in there though. I'm going to purchase a couple more WW recipes books. I have an obsession with recipe books, lol.

Judy ~ WTG on doing so well at your Mum's for dinner and getting in some exercise. Sorry you're not feeling well now - hope the z-pack (whatever that is??) kicks in quickly. I hear you on the overtraining - I do tend to get a little OTT with exercise sometimes, mainly because I worry that if I don't do it religiously I'll lose motivation very quickly and retreat to old habits, which has been my issue in the past. Exercise helps keep me motivated to keep going on my weight loss journey.

Emily ~ WTG on feeling so positive about where you are with your weightloss. Good for you getting rid of some of your bigger clothes. Definitely a good sign.

Rachel ~ WTG on the 1lb loss and the exercise. Definitely motivating to see that scale going down. 12 hour shifts sound horrendous. It must be so hard eating well and exercising when you feel like you're at work all day. Although as you say, the bonus is you get 5 days off in a row, which is awesome. Enjoy your Latin aerobics class - sounds like fun.

Think I'm going to go and change my ticker to pounds since everyone here works in pounds. Not looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:37 AM   #6  
Canadian, eh?

Happy Birthday, Judy!! It's only Monday evening, here, but after midnight your time. Hope you have a great day, and that you're feeling much better already! The take out meal sounds great, and so much the better if it's point friendly.

Emily, good for you for getting rid of your too big clothing! My closet rail recently fell off the wall - all my clothes are piled on our spare bed - I'm going to be ruthless about what goes back in the closet once DH gets around to putting up our new closet organizer.

Rachel, congratulations on losing your lb! That's great! I'm teaching a home support/resident care aide course at our local community college for 6 months; I wanted a break from hands on care for a while - we moved to a new community two months ago, and I left the job I had for 10 years. The new job is part time

Tanya, glad you're feeling better. Put the blowout behind you and carry on - did you get your cookbooks? I go thorugh cookbook phases - unfortunately I'm in an off phase at the moment.

So...being a Monday weigher-inner, I have to report a .8 lb gain today...which really doesn't mean a thing, considering I used my WWOnline start weight from Sunday! Anyway...I have been faithfully tracking and expect to see something better next Monday. Work went well. I'm very tired, and heading to bed.

Have a great Tuesday!

Karen
Old 03-28-2006, 04:38 PM   #7  

Emily - WTG on selling off those big sizes. That's a great motivator to get to your goal and stay there. No biggie with Core - that's why it so great that there are 2 programs and we can choose the one(s) that work best for us.

Rachel - congratulations on the pound gone! Yup, exercise can take care of some of the ooops we have with eating. I am feeling better, thank you. That's funny, the Z-pack usually works pretty quickly for me. I hope the Latin aerobics class was fun - it certainly sounds like it would be!

Tanya - Sorry about the blowout the day before yesterday but good for you for getting in the exercise. I hope you have forgiven yourself (I'm sooo hard on myself) and have moved on. It sounds like you have. Thanks, I am feeling better. The z-pack is an antiobiotic - it's only a 5 day regimen and it usually works wonders on bronchitis, which I have a tendency to get. I understand how you feel about exercise and not wanting to get out of the habit. Maybe you can do some stretching one day a week and call it your rest day. Log it as you would any exercise - that way you work it into your week. It is important because if you start really overtraining you can injure yourself and then *have* to lay off the exercise. OK, enough lecturing. I love cookbooks and have really been enjoying the new WW book I got.

Karen - Good for you for not worrying about the number on the scale. What's important is that you have been doing what you need to do and I know you'll see a nice loss next week. I'm glad to hear that work went well. Thanks for the birthday wishes and thank you, I am feeling better than yesterday. I decided to stay home today again just to be sure I was kicking the germs out and can get through the week without a relapse!

I've had a good day so far - resting in bed, reading, balancing the checkbooks (3 months overdue) and eating healthy. This morning, I got out of bed before Tony to make coffee and what did I see on the couch? A bag of Peanut M&M's that he must have been snacking on after I went to bed. I told him to please hide it or I was going to throw it out. He did hide it, but not in a very good place. I took a 1/4 cup of them and intend to save them for a birthday dessert. Then I told him that he'd better find a better hiding place. He did - either that or he threw them out. I had one Peanut M&M mid-morning and one after lunch. Not bad. Anyway, we should have a lovely take-out dinner, not bad point-wise on Core and then a relaxing evening.

Hopefully, I'll have a better night's sleep tonight than I have had the last few nights. I've been having a tough time in the last 2 weeks with some wicked hot flashes a number of times a day. My mom couldn't believe how flushed I got at her house. Thankfully I haven't had nightsweats but I still wake up a few times a night and don't feel very rested. I finally caved in on Sunday and got myself some of that Estroven - soy and black cohosh and other things for menopause. It can take anywhere from a week to a month to see if it helps. Happy 49 years old!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 03-28-2006, 06:07 PM   #8  

Well, all the exercise must be counting for something. I weighed in this morning and lost 1.2lb (.6kg) so I'm stoked. Hopefully it gives me the motivation to carry on as I don't want exercise to become an excuse to overeat.

Happy Birthday Judy!!

Judy ~ Hope you have an awesome day and are feeling a lot better than yesterday. You can get antibiotics over the counter? I'm very hard on myself too. I haven't been beating myself as bad as normal for my blowouts - it's more how it's making me feel physically that's the problem. It gives me an irritable bowel, headaches and makes me feel very tired. You'd think that would be motivation enough to stop doing that to myself but I guess emotional eating is difficult to quit. I'm so impressed that you managed such control with the peanut M&Ms. I love them and can inhale a packet in the blink of an eye, lol. That was one of the things I pigged out on on Monday. Hope the Estroven kicks in soon. My neighbour has just gone through menopause this past year and she just turned 40 last month.

Karen ~ I ordered 3 cookbooks which should arrive within a couple of weeks. I think that will make a total of 9 WW cookbooks in my collection, lol. One I bought was called Pantry Basics. I love cooking but am hopeless at throwing things together - I need to follow a recipe so this book makes meals out of just a few basics from the pantry which will be great as I find a lot of the recipes I have now call for special ingredients I don't always have (mainly because I don't plan very well). Sorry to hear about your gain, but it's great you have a positive attitude about it. I always think even a couple of pounds can be attributed to so many things. I'm sure next week will be a loss for you. Have a great sleep.

I was supposed to be having a cuppa with a friend after I pick Cameron up from preschool but I'm going to have to cancel as Cam woke up with a croupy cough this morning. It's nothing serious and he's well otherwise so went to preschool, but my friend has a new baby and I don't want to expose her to it. I also got good news yesterday - our building permit should be through by the end of the week and the building company can start building a couple of weeks after that by the middle of April we should see some action. Yippee!!
Old 03-28-2006, 10:33 PM   #9  
Canadian, eh?

Judy - Great that you're feeling better! Good for you for staying home one extra day to make sure you're on the mend. I don't believe in being at work when I'm sick, and I'm glad you don't either. I can't understand people who think the world will stop turning if they don't go to work for a day or two when they're ill. Ah, the hot flashes - think of them as power surges! I've had one or two in the last year, and they're not fun - my mother suffered terribly for years with them. That best not happen to me!

Tanya - Congratulations! That's a great loss. All your hard exercise is paying off, and more than compensating for your slippages in the food department. Sorry to hear your little guy is sick; it's making its way through the family, isn't it? Great news about your building permit. Building a house is an exciting (and frustrating) time.

As for me, I've had a good OP day. I did a session at Curves, have eaten well, been drinking all my water. I've been working my way through a very large stack of papers for work, and should get back to doing it, and then I need to find something to wear for tomorrow, and make my lunch, and all kinds of other things.

Wish you a Wednesday full of willpower

Karen
Old 03-29-2006, 09:34 AM   #10  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Karen - glad to hear you had a great day! I will take any dose of willpower dust that you give me

Tanya - Congrats on the loss! It definitely helps keep up the motivation, huh???

Judy - I hope you had a wonderful birthday and wtg on the peanut m&m's -that's quite a feat!!

Rachel - Great job on the loss! Exercise totally helps...I just have to keep remembering that!

Well, I've had an ok week so far. I had a bit of a mini-binge with some chocolate (3 PB eggs, 2 caramel eggs and some whoppers) but I recorded every bite and with TOM around the corner I think that was my chocolate fix for the week

But I did run 6 miles last night so I was able to earn back 7 AP's so I'm feeling better...it's funny...every 150 calories I burned while running I was thinking, "that burned off one PB egg, got to burn off another one"...lol

I just need to stay with the exercise this week and I should be ok.

DH's family flew home yesterday and we all had a really good visit. I didn't have to see MIL very much so that made it a little more stressful. His family was very respectful of my feelings for MIL (heck, they've known her her entire life and they know how volatile her personality is) so that made me feel better. I was a little worried that they would think less of me for not wanting to spend time with MIL. But they were wonderful about it

Have a great Hump Day!
Old 03-29-2006, 09:43 AM   #11  
Back on Program!

Well I did make it to Latin Aerobics Monday but boy was I tired! It really is so much fun though! And somehow I survived work yesterday so now I get to begin my 5 days off! Work was very challenging and depressing this week---we got 3 young men with broken necks into our ICU this week, all will be permanently quadraplegig. Very sad..... I love my job but it does get to me when we get young patients with such devastating injuries (none of them were related to each other, and it's very unusual to get 3 quads all at once.)

Today I am taking my 10 year old for a checkup so I had to skip the gym this morning. I'll get there tomorrow and Friday, plus Monday already for my 3 days. I'd like to go 4 days but just can't seem to make it...
Friday night my hubby and I are going to dinner and a movie, I am praying for willpower at dinner! Just have to envision myself in Hawaii.......
Sounds like everyone is doing better now compared to the beginning of the week, so let's all keep up the good work! Glad you are feeling better Judy.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:20 PM   #12  

Had a bad night with my youngest as he has a good dose of croup. Fortunately he's not so bad during the day, just not much voice, which is probably a good thing, lol. I managed an hour's walk this morning but have eaten a lot of junk since then. Why do I do this to myself. I've probably eaten all my points for today already and it's only 11am.

Karen ~ Congrats on staying OP today and getting a workout in. Good luck with getting through all your paperwork.

Emily ~ WTG on the 6 mile run. I usually walk that far each time but couldn't imagine running it, lol. Excellent way to burn off the chocolate. Glad to hear you had a great visit with the ILs and that they were so respectful of your feelings for your MIL.

Rachel ~ Enjoy your glorious 5 days off. I greatly admire the work you do. I really wanted to be a nurse when I was younger but didn't have the courage to do what it took to get there. Looking back I don't know if I would have coped as I have the tendency to get too emotionally involved in other people's problems so would find it very hard to distance myself from the tragedy involved in the job. A friend is a child cancer nurse. Like you, she loves her job, but she finds that every now and then she crashes and burns because it gets on top of her and she's become quite cynical as a way of coping. What movie are you going to see? Sending you lots of for dinner out, although I'm sure Hawaii is a good motivator.

I'm so excited. My WW cookbooks have arrived already so I'm going to sit down and look through them for some inspiration.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to everyone who joined us last week. Congrats to all who lost; hang-in there to all who gained.

Rachel – It’s good to “see” you again. I’m glad things are looking up for you. I think you’re going to come out on the other side of this with a stronger, healthier marriage. It was a horrible thing to go through, but at least some good is coming out of it. Those 12 hour shifts must be killers. I know they would do me in, especially when you have to be on your feet so much. Does it take you a full day off to recover? Congrats on that pound gone.

Karen – A horse! Cool! I’m glad to hear your first day went well. As for the gain, well it really doesn’t count much. I know you’ll have a much better weigh-in next week.

Judy – Happy Birthday a day late! I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better! I’m picturing you eating just one M&M at a time and laughing. You know I think it takes super-human strength to do that. Kudos to you! Sorry about the hot flashes. May the night sweats leave you alone.

Emily – That “in control” feeling is the best, isn’t it? So is getting rid of the too big clothes. Good for you. I’m a CORE drop-out as well. I plan on doing it for a week here or there but I have problems with portion control and I like my whole-wheat bread products for breakfast and lunch. So it will mostly be Flex for me. I’m glad to hear your time with you ILs went well.

Tanya – Congrats on your loss! I know exactly what you mean about having blow-outs even though they may you feel like garbage physically. I do it too and then question my sanity afterwards. That’s great news about your house. May the construction go swiftly and well. I hope your little one feels better soon.

I'm sorry I didn't get back last week. As for my second job: About a year and 1/2 ago I met with this guy who sells policy and procedure/training documentation services to mostly banks. It's not only the writing services that he markets, but he has a web-based system as a platform that is really neat. It gives the bank easy ownership of the documents so they can update and modify as need be. He has a banking systems background very similar to mine and we hit it off. (It's mostly the operations/systems area of the banks that use his services.) So, finally he has a project for which I'm a fit. It's a good deal as it doesn't require much face time at the bank and is mostly work from home, so working around my job at the church is relatively easy. We'll see how this project goes (it will last about a month) and then take it from there. It's been interesting so far, but a bit stressful cause there's a bit of a "jump into the pool and figure out how to swim" aspect to it. It doesn't help that I'm in the throes of PMS. It also doesn't help that this week is spring break so I have to manage getting used to the job with Ana home. So I'm a bit of a wreck and wondering how I'll get it all done. (Thank goodness I'm off from my church job this week.) Eating has been spotty, as has exercise, but I'm promising myself I will get back on track and stay there tomorrow. I know being in control of those two things will help me feel more in control in general. Of course the PMS is causing me to retain water like a camel, so today's weigh-in was atrocious. I know most of that will be gone soon, though, so I'm not going to fret.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Old 03-29-2006, 10:52 PM   #14  

Tanya - congratulations on that great loss! Yup, exercise counts for something but you're wise to watch the eating. A few years ago, I used to exercise like crazy but never really changed my eating - I maintained really well but didn't lose. I hope Cameron is feeling better soon! Congratulations on getting the building permit! Thanks for the birthday wishes. I felt a lot better by the end of the day and went to work today. I'm glad you were impressed by my control - I have to admit that I was too - because the week before I did inhale nearly a whole big bag! What helped was that Tony got rid/hid whatever was left of the bad and that was a good thing because I was thinking of eating more even after I finished my 1/4 cup! As for the blowouts - I know what you mean - I often feel ill afterwards and still end up repeating the very same thing that made me feel ill. I'm sure you'll do better after a good's night sleep!

Karen - glad to hear you had a good OP day! How many days a week are you working? I know you said that the job is part-time. I don't believe in going to work sick either. There was a note that was sent home to parents about sending their kids to school sick. You wouldn't believe how some kids come to school! Yup, power surges - I call them that myself. Nope, not fun. I hope the Estroven kicks in soon. I swear, I must have had 5 of them today.

Emily - I'm glad to hear that you had a good visit with DH's family and didn't have to deal with you MIL much. Yup, mini-binge and TOM around the corner - sounds like that PMS monster was stomping around your house. I have to say that I am very glad we really don't have Easter candy around. DH like Peeps, which I think are just horrid - I really don't need any more chocolate (like eggs and bunnies) around the house! WTG on that awesome run!

Rachel - enjoy your 5 days off! I'm sorry it was so tough at work. I'm so glad the Latin Aerobics class was fun. Do you know where you are going to dinner? Perhaps you can get a menu and plan what you are going to have - I always find that it helps to have an idea of what I'm going to have. Then, I can plan my day (or a few days before) point-wise. In any case, enjoy it!

Carla - That project does sound right up your alley and I know once a) Ana is back in school b) PMs goes away and c) you hvae done some swimming around you will be a lot less stressed. Good attitude about getting control of eating and exercise helping everything else. I came home from work today and did a little light walking on the treadmill, trying to stay on track. I missed a few days this week and a few last week when I wasn't feeling well but I'm still remembering our deal with exercise! (that's supposed to be some light handed, subtle motivation - OK, not so subtle!)

I did OK yesterday - I counted all the points in our lovely take-out dinner but ate a little more than my "comfort zone." I did OK today - but I did eat a few of the Twizzlers Tony brought home. At least I got a little walk in after work. I didn't want to push it because I still have a cough but it was good to do something. My sneak peeks have not been great this week so I'm trying to eke out a maintain this week. Time to go to bed. The next few days at work will be busy.

Have a great one!
Judy

Last edited by JudySP; 03-31-2006 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:39 PM   #15  

Carla ~ WTG on your second job, it sounds absolutely ideal being able to work it around your other commitments. Being able to work from home is awesome, although I understand having a child at home can be problematic at times. I also work from home and although it can be very stressful trying to work it around the kids and their needs I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm sure once you get through the "figuring how to swim" part, it'll work out really well. I'm also a wreck at PMS time, each month varies with the severity, so sometimes life literally seems to stop for about a week and I bide my time to get through it as best I can. It's never good to weigh-in at that time either as it usually always means a gain. At least you know you'll have a super loss the following week. How long is Spring Break for (is it just a week)? Hope it goes smoothly and as stress-free as possible for you.

Judy ~ Sounds like Tony is a very naughty man, bringing home all those treats to tempt you. That is so not fair, lol. You must have incredible control - I find it very hard to resist any treats that are in the house, although in saying that I have been known to drive to the supermarket to buy junk if there's none in the house which is such a bad thing as I always end up buying far more and then having a major blowout. My blowouts are not as major as they were before I started WW so that's definitely progress. I'm glad you're feeling better aside from a cough and it's great you got out for a walk. Have a good sleep and hope your next few busy days are relatively stress-free.

Must dash, Bradley (No. 3 son) has hockey practice in a few minutes.
Closed Thread