Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 10:55 AM   #1  
Editrix

Question Does anyone buy the bars they sell at the meetings?

For a while I was addicted to those milk chocolate ones and had one every night as my daily "sweet treat." I recently looked at the label and saw that they had "high-fructose corn syrup" and figured I could be spending those 2 points on something healthier—or not using those 2 points at all. But there ARE times I crave something like this.

Last Saturday the leader gave out samples of these S'mores 1 point bars. They were very sweet and I thought of maybe switching to those, if I was in need of a chocolate fix. They aren't that much smaller than the 2-point bars, and are 1 point less.

Anyway, how many of you on Core buy these bars? Do you think they help you on Core or just make you crave more sugar? How many have tried and have bought the new S'mores 1-point bars?

Last edited by Laura Lena; 03-27-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #2  
Melissa

Sorry, I don't go to meetings so I have no idea what you are talking about!! My "sweet treat" at night is usually a no sugar added Slim-A-Bear (2 pts and really satisfies an ice cream craving) or Edy's Strawberry Fruit Bar (1 pt).
Old 03-27-2006, 04:35 PM   #3  

I think these are detrimental to anyone trying to do Core in a healthy way. They are just glorified junk food. If you need chocolate, have some SF FF pudding or hot chocolate.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Laura, I go to meetings and do Core. I don't buy the bars. They're very expensive and not worth the money or points to me. I spend my points on WW chocolates, specifically the mint patties when I'm craving chocolate. I also buy the Dove dark chocolate and keep it for emergencies (I have my husband hide it for me!). I try not to eat sugar because I do believe it's much better to detox. However, sometimes you are going to need sugar and I know, for me, SF/FF hot chocolate won't always do the trick.

One thing that is Core that works for me is the Chocolate Frosty Smoothie. The recipe is on our site. It's not portable but is very chocolate and satisfying. I may have one today since I'm suffering from TOM!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ghlight=frosty
Here's the link to the frosty.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:57 PM   #5  
Editrix

Thanks, all! I agree with Susan and Vickie. Well, my HEAD does, anyway! As this is the ONLY sugar I'm eating on Core, why bother with it? The bars only make me crave more sugar, anyway. Maybe giving them up will help me to get over my plateau (I've been up and down the same two pounds for almost two months now).

Maybe EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, I'll savor an ounce of REALLY good 70+% cocoa bittersweet chocolate.

P.S. What does TOM stand for?

Last edited by Laura Lena; 03-28-2006 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:04 PM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

TOM = time of the month!
Old 03-28-2006, 03:44 PM   #7  
Editrix

OHHH... Duh!
Closed Thread