Old 03-27-2006, 11:41 AM   #1  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

Default Will Supplements Help?

I restarted LAWL about 2-weeks ago and have been following the plan quite closely since. I have not lost any weight in this time and was wondering if you guys think any of their supplements will help. So far, I have not purchased anything from them other than Lites (I do 1/day on my program).

We are going on vacation to North Carolina and leave in 51 days. I would really like to be down at least 10 lbs. by then. I am getting frustrated with not seeing results, but know that this program has to work - you guys are all proof of that.

HELP!
Suzanne
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:43 AM   #2  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Suzanne-

From the other thread-it sounds like you use CC meals often. Instead of taking supplements (which I doubt will help much), I would recommend cutting out all CC meals for a week or two and see if that helps. Then add 1 a week or a few weeks and see if it affects your weight loss, add another and wait and see, etc.

just my advice . . . (I never use CC unless I forced to--like my company serving pizza at a catered lunch--but I always see a gain the next day).
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #3  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

The only supps I take are the 3 basic recommended (vitamax, calcium, and EFA) I've taken them since day 1 so I can't say if they make the difference or not but I feel they certainly can't hurt since I need all that's in them. I know a lot of people here take basically the same thing just not from a center--you can get everything at any drug/vitamin store (probably cheaper). If you are "on plan" I see no reason you can't lose 10 lbs in 51 days. Hard to say since I don't know where you are right now as far as what you need to lose. Hang in there--if you are eating right the pounds will come off--I am a poster child for the SLOW loss but still plugging away! Good Luck.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:46 AM   #4  
on LAWL

Ditto Juliemarie on the CC's--I've never done them--no control once I start!!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:18 PM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I too take the calcium, efas, and multivitamin, though I only buy the efas from the center. The other two I buy at wal mart.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:34 PM   #6  
Radio Girl

Hi Suzanne,
I take the multi-vitamins, the FB 500's and the Tri-Max everyday. I've been taking them since day 1. I really think they help me control my appetite. I don't feel hungry at all during the day and I think I would without them. I don't crave the carbs that I used to at all. The Lites help too.
Hang in there! You'll probably see a big jump this week.
Karen
Radio Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:36 PM   #7  
Radio Girl

Oh yeah...I take the EFA's too. I was taking calcium but they gave me really bad heartburn. Anyone else have this problem with calcium?
Old 03-27-2006, 12:40 PM   #8  
NASCAR Chick

Thanks for the advice. I think I may start taking the EFAs - they may help with the cravings, but it sounds like they probably help keep some people regular.

juliemarie - Thanks for the thoughts on the cc's. I had intended to reduce those, but will follow your advice and not use any for the next couple of weeks. Hopefully that will help me see a loss!

Suzanne
Old 03-27-2006, 12:42 PM   #9  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

You're welcome-I hope it works!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:43 PM   #10  
Radio Girl

The EFA's definitely keep me regular. I usually 'wait' until I 'weigh' if you know what I mean. LOL.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:44 PM   #11  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Karen- The chewable calcium that LAWL sells gave me really bad heartburn too, but the normal calcium pills you swallow don't bother me a bit.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:36 PM   #12  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Bobby18:
I use the supplemets xcel, reduce plus and carb enders.

XCEL: I feel less hungy, more energy, no cravings at all. In weight loss, well no difference b/c I think that is made more to control the hunger and cravings,and I have to admit that have work for me in that areas.

Reduce plus: I feel my muscles more tone and notice less cellulite in my thigs.

Carb enders:
I use them like one or two times a week, with the carb craver meals that are in the plan, when I want to have a different meal or something more tasty than a salad. It helps to eliminate that meal faster from your body and not to gain weight when you eat them. You have to increase your water intake to 10 glasses.

Everybody's body is different, for me, they have work really nice and I like them.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:48 PM   #13  
NASCAR Chick

I did buy the EFAs today when I was at the COD. My counsellor told me to take 6 before bed until I become regular. I found CDN $24 a bit pricy for a month's supply, but if they work, it will be worth it.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:59 PM   #14  
on LAWL

Bobby, I take 4 EFA's at bedtime and early on felt things were going fine--then I started "slowing down" and I think it has a lot to do with the decrease in food. A number of people here take flaxseed oil and I think it has pretty similar results to the EFA. I have added 2 flaxseed during the day and I am back to being regular. TMI, I know--but it's an issue for many.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:13 PM   #15  

Give it some time to work. Your body is making the adjustments whether you realize it or not. Remember, you are changing habits here that you've probably done for years--you're re-educating your body to respond in a different way and that doesn't happen overnight. My friend began the program not too long ago and had the same problem. After about three weeks the inches dwindled and finally pounds started to drop off.

CLA is the only supplement I'm taking (or Reduce Plus), you can also find it at GNC. It's suppossed to help reduce belly fat, but I highly doubt that it a magic pill (meaning it doesn't work on it's own). I do alot of bellydance, so I know the 5 plus inches I have lost from my waist are more likely a result of shimmying and the diet itself.

Exercise is really the best way to boost your metabolism so that you'll burn more effectively.
arabianflower is offline   Reply With Quote