Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-27-2006, 08:22 AM   #1  
Running Wild

Default An Unplanned Week

so here i sit in my hotel room up in Minnetonka, MN....i am here all week on business therefore I cant really plan my days of eating. I am just going to have to concentrate on making wise choices here on the road. I do know that mornings will be fruit or eggs. Lunches will be the hardest since I will be at an office in a strange town, where right now I have no idea what they have here in the way of restaurants.

at least there is a badass gym here at this hotel, so i plan to hit that for weights and running every evening i am here and on thursday morning before i head back to Minneapolis to head back to Texas....

I hope everyone has a great week!
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi JuneBug

That is one of the more challenging aspects of eating right... when we are traveling and can't stick to our regular plans. But I know you will do great; and part of the whole thing is learning how to eat and exercise as a lifestyle which of course includes traveling. Please keep checking in and let us know how you are doing!!! Go for it! Sounds as if you have a plan!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I agree with Misti. I started doing better when travelling when I started viewing it as a challenge, rather than an obstacle placed in my path! Good luck!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

The best you can is all you can do. Life can get in the way sometimes. I have faith that you'll make good decisions
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:49 AM   #5  
Running Wild

well yesterday was HORRID...i was a wee bit hungover and had to travel so i made VERY poor decisions...at least i ended on a good note, a grilled chicken caesar...and there was hardly any dressing so that much i was thankful for!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 09:12 AM   #6  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to MN, JuneBug, I will send positive vibes to you when I drive by your area twice a day, which hotel are you at? Marriott? Who do you work for? We have some outstanding restaurants in that area. Best of luck to you and your good decisions, it is a challenge, but you can do it. Just use the gym every day!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:49 PM   #7  
Running Wild

i am actually at the Sheraton on Ridgedale. very nice establishment and about 2 miles from the office i am working at this week.

I am a software trainer, and one of our offices contracted me to do the training since they dont have an on-site trainer for their area. What a day i tell you!

i was glad to be back in the hotel.. 2.5 more days to go before i head back to texas!
Old 03-27-2006, 09:49 PM   #8  
banned

Just would like to also say welcome to minnesota! I live about 20 minutes from Minnetonka...go there all the tiime to shop at Ridgedale! I usually park there in the morning cuz I ride the bus into minneapolis, and then st. paul to school. Have a great stay!
Danzer5570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:59 PM   #9  
Running Wild

whew! i redeemed myself for yesterdays mess up at arby's....i felt like crap! an employee told me about this place called byerly's which is FABULOUS! so i had a big salad last night and this evening as well!! all veggies and fruits! plus i had a lo fat muffin for breaky today and a turkey burger sans 1/2 the bun at lunch...

good girl!!

i get to go home TOMORROW!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 11:44 AM   #10  
banned

Yes byerly's is wonderful...just very expensive. It's known as "the rich people grocery store" over here. LOL
Danzer5570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:36 PM   #11  
Running Wild

we have the same thing in houston, only its called Central Market. I dont go there for groceries, but i do go for specialty stuff when i want it!
Old 04-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

Oh I LOVE Central Market! One just opened up near me about a year ago and I drive past a dozen grocery stores to get there! They have the most wonderful, fresh produce and fresh granola and stuff which you can buy what you want from the bulk bins. And most of the produce is actually cheaper than other stores. I buy most of my groceries there. There ARE some items which are a lot more expensive and I don't buy there... but for the most part it is wonderful and I am SO happy to have one near me!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote