Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 07:59 PM   #1  
Melissa

Question Cookware

I'm full of questions today. I really need to get new cookware, but I want to get something a little nicer than the T-Fal that I have. DH had the nice idea of picking out a line and buying a piece here and there as we can afford it. But I don't want anything so expensive that I'll never get a full set (a.k.a. the Kitchen Aid saucepan that I saw today for $120!!).
Just wondering if you all have any cookware that you particularly like, or don't like. I need both sets of info equally! Thanks!!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:03 PM   #2  
focused and aiming

sorry. i'm no help here. i'm anxious to hear what you find out.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:28 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm a QVC girl. I love the Cook's Essentials line. I have a set that I've had since 1996 that I wish would die already because I'm so tired of them. They are nonstick and you can use metal utensils in them.

I have the hardcoat enamel in blue to match my kitchen. http://tinyurl.com/ok37e

They also have their version of Calaphon. http://tinyurl.com/opb8x

Go to QVC.com and type in Cook's Essentials and you'll see the tons of stuff they have at reasonable prices.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:29 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, those links didn't work perfectly. I'm not as good at this as Kathy is!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:32 PM   #5  
Melissa

Vickie, I probably spent half an hour today looking at Cook's Essentials. I was already leaning towards that! That's exciting. I was trying to decide which line would be best for me. I love the line you mentioned just because it is colorful. I like the red, even though my dishes are blue. Thanks!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:37 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

I like the enamel anodized ones. They're new. They just had them as a Today's Special Value a couple of weeks ago. I almost bought them but decided not to because the handles are metal. Same with the silver anodized ones. I never use potholders and I'm sure I'd burn my hands off. The regular enamel pans have what they call phenolic (sp?) handles which keep you from frying your palm.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:04 PM   #7  

Default I love this stuff

Hi,

I only use All Clad and I swear it has greatly improved my cooking. It is pricey but will live to be passed on to the next generation. I got the stainless version though they have others. You really don't need a lot but a few great pots make all the difference. By the way I have nothing to do with the company- though for all the free praise I give them they should send me a little something but I am really just happy to have found them.

Sheridan
Old 03-27-2006, 12:16 PM   #8  
Melissa

Thanks for the tip Sheridan. Those look very nice but are a little more than I can afford.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #9  

Default I forgot this

Hi again,
I forgot the most important thing. If you are in the PGH Pennsylvania area or have friends there-2 times a year they have an All Clad factory sale with heavy discounts on seconds.If you search carefully the bargains can be substantial.One sale is in June I believe and the other in December.I found accidently after buying my set.

I think also that Emeril is doing a less expensive All Clad set which I have not seen but have heard some good things about.

Someone also said Wolfgang Puck sells a terrific set on HSN. I have had poor luck with HSN but this might be the exceptional item. Worth a look I think.

I know you will find the perfect set for you.
Sheridan
Closed Thread