Old 03-25-2006, 09:19 PM   #1  

Default Bad Day

Well, today stunk! It started off sooooo busy plus my husband's back went out again so I've been having to do things for him, a 2.5 year old and a 3 month old. Oy vey! I had two hard-boiled eggs on the run this morning and when we came home I grabbed a lite bar, but then the kids went down for a nap and I just had to sleep, too. I was so tired due to getting up twice in the night with the baby.

Anyway, I went grocery shopping tonight and on the way I was a bad girl and went throught the McD's drive thru. Fast food has always been my weakness. Not only that, but I bought a candy bar and ate it on the way home. Why do I sabotage myself like this?!?!? Now I am afraid to WI. I just keep thinking about the pounds I probably added on tonight. In my head I know fast food and candy bars aren't worth it, but my defenses were down since I didn't eat hardly all day.

That is my whiny story. I'm sorry to unload all of this on you after only posting one or two times. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. I bought some new healthy foods tonight after checking out the recipe thread yesterday.

Rebecca
savannahsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:08 PM   #2  

Hi Rebecca-We have all been there, honey! Don't beat yourself up too much --even if you stuffed yourself with McD and candy bar, it's most likely not enough calories to actually make you gain...(3,500 calories per pound) and that's without what your body burns just keeping itself going...what you will have is water weight from the ton of sodium...just do lots of water, and pick up tomorrow -- it's a new day!!

I'm secretly jealous of the McD. LOL...
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:23 PM   #3  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Rebecca:
We all have done our little sins, put in in the past and don't let that distract you on reaching your goal. Come on girl you can do this!!

pinkflamingo:
I didn't know that there is 3,500 cal. in 1 lb. I'm soooo bad counting calories that is a shame! thanks for the info!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:52 AM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Rebecca- Don't stress about it. We have really all been there. The other day at the grocery store I was dying to buy a candy bar on the way home, so I bought a Kit Kat, planning on breaking it into 4 pieces and sharing it with my 3 kids. I figured that one little stick could be that damaging. Anyway, we got to the car I realized that I had my niece with me, and she is a candy maniac toddler. So, I did not even get my little bite. I was glad later, but I do know what you mean about eating a candy bar on the way home. It was second nature to me to do that, too. Just remember, old habits die hard, but they do die if we let them!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:14 AM   #5  
milkyway

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
Just remember, old habits die hard, but they do die if we let them!!
Amen, girl, that is soooo true!
Old 03-26-2006, 11:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 135/129.5/105

DOn't stress too much, just get back on the horse so to speak..you know you can do it...keep some quick bites in your fridge, cut up veggies, anything you can grab on the go also prepack for when you are out running helps to reduce giving in to temptation...
mychelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:58 PM   #7  
I want a smaller wardrobe

S/C/G: 195.2/151/144

Rebecca,
Just get back on track right this minute! Believe in yourself and that you CAN and WILL do this program properly to be healthy for those kids. They need a healthy mom to depend on. (I tell myself this to stay on track.) Focus on the good food you bought at the grocery and the new recipes that you are going to try. I'm sure you'll feel a lot better physically eating on this program than eating McD's.
and......Sorry to hear about your husband's back--I hope he feels better soon.
merem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:42 PM   #8  
Radio Girl

Hi Rebecca,
Like the others have said...don't beat yourself up for one mistake. You're human and if it were easy to pass by a McDonalds then there wouldn't be any McDonalds!
Have you seen the movie "Super Size Me"? I highly recommend it. It really gets you thinking about the 'junk' we put into our bodies.
Radio Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:47 PM   #9  
milkyway

Radio Girl:
I saw that movie and is really great!! You open your eyes about a lot of things....
Old 03-27-2006, 02:45 PM   #10  

Rebecca,
I am a recovering candy addict (no joke, ask Repogirl). I totally understand the stress, and that need to eat. Just remember that tomorrow is another day, and recognizing that stress eating isn't good for you is half the battle. I make sure that I always have a Luna, sf gum and mints with me. It helps me not give in when I am stressed and on the run. I think it helps if you prepare in advance for those OMG moments.

Take it easy on yourself, we all have those moments.

Kristi
yoga_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote