Old 03-24-2006, 12:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/163/145

Default How much can I expect to lose on TO?

I just started LAWL yesterday and am doing the 2 day unlimited TO today and tomorrow. I am doing ok so far. But, what I am wondering is how much I can expect to lose on this phase. I have a friend who says she loses 5 pounds each time she does it. I just don't see how that can happen.
Also, I wondered if there are any other middle agers here. I am 57 and when reading the posts seems that most of you are young gals.
I am enjoying reading about your experiences and know you will be helpful during this wt. loss journey for me.
Thanks.
Cheryl
chsgls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:13 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Cheryl, Your loss on TO depends on a lot of things, how much you have to lose, what kinds of protein you choose, ect. For your first TO, you probably will drop around 5 lbs. I have a friend who lost 9 on hers. Either way, the reason for TO is not only to drop a few quick lbs, but to help rid you of starch and carb cravings, which is extremely helpful during your weight loss journey. Good luck, come on over to the Losers and Friends thread and say hello. I will look forward to getting to know you better!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #3  
PurpleSunshine

cheryl - Welcome to the boards. Yes, I definitely agree with Katie- everyone is different, but I lost about 7 on my first TO - come join us on the friends thread!! and welcome to the boards
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:21 PM   #4  

Thanks for all your info about the TO. I go in to the center tomorrow and they will tell me what diet I am on. I don't understand yet all the colors you guys talk about. I lost about 80 pounds on Weight Watchers, but have gained 15 pounds back, so want to stop the gain before I am back to where I started. I just didn't want to do WW again. My friend has been so successful on LAWL and says she feels great and has high energy.
Looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Thanks for your responses.
Cheryl
Old 03-24-2006, 02:33 PM   #5  

Wish I had read this forum first before I visited the center and shelled out a small fortune. I prepurchased the bars and the drinks. Darn!!
Thanks for letting me know. I will pass this on to my sister.
Cheryl
Old 03-24-2006, 02:55 PM   #6  

Cheryl - I checked your profile because I was trying to see what kind of dog was in your picture. You have a Westie! So do I. And a Scottie and a Corgi. I love dogs! They drive me nuts having the 3 of them sometimes, but I love them anyway.

Welcome!!! Glad to meet you.

Diane
ConnorsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 03:00 PM   #7  
Katie

Diane- We are soulmates too! I have 5 dogs, a mini daushound, a toy chihauhau, 2 Great Danes, and 1 loveable mutt. We used to have a corgi. I adored her, she was such a cool dog, but she got hit last summer.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #8  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Katie – you truly are gifted, 5 dogs, 3 kids, and you do daycare. How do you manage? I only have 1 kid and 1 little maltese dog and I just about go crazy. DS and the dog fight like two kids. I latterly have to separate them sometimes.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:45 PM   #9  
Katie

Dawn, believe it or not, the more the merrier. They all entertain each other. We also have a nice outdoor run for the Danes during the day.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #10  

My two dogs don't get along very well. Abby, the westie, is 12 and I was worrying about her getting old and passing away so my vet said that a puppy would be good for Abby and for us. So I found this little shih-tsu/poodle mix and fell in love with her. Abby is not crazy about this little 8 pound puppy trying to play with her. I think things will settle down when Gracie gets older and less lively.
Neat hearing about your dogs. Dog people are special people.
Cheryl
Old 03-24-2006, 05:07 PM   #11  

Hi Mary, I would have liked a scotty. That way I would have had a black and a white. I have known many wonderful scotties.
cheryl
Old 03-24-2006, 05:20 PM   #12  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Meet Boo!! Or boo boo, boozer, brat, love of my life... LOL. Also have a yellow lab Lexi--can't live without 'em!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/175/140

Hi cheryl
I'm knocking on the big 50 this year. I lost 3.5 lbs when I started. Last TO with cantalope I lost 3 currently I'm averaging 1.6 pounds per week as I was told today. One more try at selling me lites. So far I happy with the plan and not doing the lites. Frankly I'm pretty happy with myself since I quit smoking again and this time I'm losing weight instead of gaining it. I never should of started after I had quit for 10 years. Oh well I'll be smoke free and skinny
lak_55119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:02 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsgls
Hi Mary, I would have liked a scotty. That way I would have had a black and a white. I have known many wonderful scotties.
cheryl
My husband is Scottish, so we HAD to get Scottish dogs. We got the Westie and the Scottie within 2 months of each other. They are almost 6 now. We decided to call them Rocks (we call him Rocky) and Scotch (Scotch on the Rocks). They are named after the Scotch Whiskey with the black and white dogs on it. We got our Corgi only about a year ago and we named him Kessler (naturally ). Funny, we don't even like whiskey....
ConnorsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:38 PM   #15  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Welcome chsgls
Like you and Diane and Katie and Boo'smom I love dogs too. I am looking for a blue shar-pei but the ones that I find they are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. The other option is a pug, but my DH don't like that breed that much he prefer the shar-pei and me too,if you know somebody or a breeder please let me know...

Last edited by rad7775; 03-25-2006 at 08:55 PM.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote