Old 03-24-2006, 03:42 PM   #1  
I want a smaller wardrobe

S/C/G: 195.2/151/144

Default Need advice

Well, I went to LAWL get weighed and to get my eating plan. Today is day two of the two day la express and tomorrow I start my plan. I am on the gold plan that includes the 2 lites per day. They were trying to sell me a bulk of lites to last my entire program or to just buy 25 weeks worth of lites to last the weight loss phase. It was $500 for 25 weeks worth. I had my twins in there and we had be there for about 45 minutes and they were really restless and getting fussy in the stroller. So I told her I would have to think about it. She said I could add it on my CareCredit. What should I do? I need to go to Sam's and compare the cost of their luna bars. If I tell them I want to eat real food and not lites I guess they would give me a different eating plan. I would like to incorporate other less expensive bars for the lites because I think if I had chocolate everyday I would not have the cravings for junk food that I have now. What have you done in the situation. 500 was the least amount I could get in bulk for the reduced price.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
merem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Look at lunas on ebay. They are very reasonable. You could just tell your center that you bought your bars on ebay, just don't tell them that you bought lunas instead of lites. That may void your rebate, however.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:06 PM   #3  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

When I started and they made that offer I kept saying no as I couldn't afford it. They made one last offer at 10 boxes for $99. Where I'm from it actually is 5 boxes with 14 bars in each box. I really like the taste of the lites so that is the largest amount I can afford at one time.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/175/140

Read your contract. Don't let them push you into something you don't want to do. I'm not doing the lights right now and I am on a plan with more food. It seems they are always trying to push something. the longer I'm on the program the more deals they come up with. I figure toward the end when the weight doesn't come off and I plateau then I'll do the lites.
lak_55119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:45 PM   #5  

I have never had the LUNA bars but if they are absolutely comparable to the lites then I would go for them instead. what you are looking for is the soy based protein to be high, the sugar to be fairly low & of course the bars tasting good. If you cannot afford to use the bars (which they actually work out to be 1.43 per bar if you buy them at 9.98 per box--have to buy over 40 to get the discount) then get either other comparable bars or take a bigger plan with more food in it. If you do take a plan with the extra food-- if you have sugar/chocolate cravings you might be in trouble. If you are not one with those issues then take the extra food. Care credit is 90 days same as cash - you can get 3 months without the interest I believe --if they didn't offer the interest free program then the interest is 21% I believe so don't do that obviously. Do whatever you are comfortable with---your contract is void I believe if you do not use the lites. It doesn't mean you are not going to lose the weight but they cannot GUARANTEE it.
kennedy1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #6  

Thanks for the advice. I need to read my contract again. When I was reading it on Thursday when I joined it said that for LAWL to guarantee a 2-lb weight loss/per week I had to follow the plan exactly which includes using the LA Lites as recommended. I pointed that fact out to the counselor before I signed and asked if I HAD to buy the lites and she said no. She said they can only guarantee I reach my goal in 25 weeks if I use them.

I have had a stress headache thinking about these stupid bars and how I'm going to pay for them. I was out shopping with DD and I found Luna Bars at Wal-Mart so I went ahead and bought a bunch. They were only $1 (vs. LA Lites $1.40 each bought in bulk of $500!) and every little bit of savings helps. I don't want to sound like a cheap*ss but I want to success without being totally broke.

My kids are going to want to do fun things this summer and money is already tight. I'd rather eat "real" healthy foods for my snacks than eat expensive "healthy candy bars." For one thing my 10-year old DD will probably be wanting them for herself. She already complains that I don't buy junk food or get McDonald's before I even joined LAWL.

So on Monday I will tell them that I just can't afford the lites right now. But if they give me a deal on a smaller quantity like Barbara said, I might go for it.

Thanks you guys.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:06 PM   #7  

you can certainly buy less bars at a discount! I believe the lowest you can buy is 10 (AT A DISCOUNT) and you can get them at I believe 10.90/box? That is the way it is in my market anyway. Later on if you re-bulk it will be more like 11.90/box-(119 for 10). Or you can always buy them as you go if you want to use them but it is $14 per box thus $28 per week. Buying 10 boxes will get you through 5 weeks of weightloss. Did you purchase the program with the rebate? That is the only thing that stinks if you did and you do not use the bars...I think it voids your rebate.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:25 AM   #8  

kennedy 1205,
My LAWL is/was having a 40% off promotion and the how the counselor explained it to me is that it was like getting the rebate off at the beginning instead of waiting until the end. So my basic program minus any supplements is $6/per week x how ever many of weeks I am a client for weight loss, stabilization, and maintenance. My counselor (and the contract) said LAWL can only guarantee the 2 lb per week loss if I use the Lites.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:24 AM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

My Costco also carries Lunas and drug stores, etc have sales all the time. My local grocery store is selling them for 79 cents this week.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:27 AM   #10  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Hello merem:

I buy my lites when my COD have promotions like that, I also buy the supplemnts and other things that I need when they are on special offer,girl, this program is expensive and adding the extras uuufff!!, so try to look for that promotions all the time. Also try ebay!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:06 PM   #11  

merem
since you got your rebate back in a sense in the beginning then to be honest if you don't want to use the lites to save money then don't. you can still do the program without them and will lose the weight. You just get a different plan with more food. the lites are yummy and convenient AND a nice treat 2x's per day but if you have to pick your battle and don't want to spend the money on them then do the no-lite program. as far as the supplements go--are they pushing those as well? you don't have to do those either. I do find the trimax and fb together do help with cravings when I did take them but I am terrible about taking pills so don't get them any longer. if you don't want to do the extra food by the way --just tell your counselor that a friend from another state did the program and gave you all of her bars and you will be using them for your program. you DO need to get the luna bars then OR I found some really good bars called 'One Way' and 'Detour' that are comparable as well. it is a calorie count with the plans and if you are not going to do the bars you have to get the extra food in either by a bigger plan with more food or the plan they give you for lites WITH either the actual lites or supplemental bars. Make sense?
Old 03-25-2006, 08:16 PM   #12  

those are the large bars-they come in a smaller size, the 'one way' has 150 cal, 15 g protein and the 'detour' has 180cal .
Old 03-25-2006, 10:34 PM   #13  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

The Kashi Go Lean bars (the square ones, chocolate peanut crunch) are almost identical and BIGGER!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:42 AM   #14  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Merem,
Here's a way to look at the guarantee. If you use the lites and don't make your goal on time, as long as you follow the program to the tee, they will extend your weight loss weeks at no charge to you. But from what Deets said, they make the free weeks very strict. For the 25 weeks of lites for $500, you could buy 83 more weeks of weight loss. If you could get the luna's for about a $1 a piece, you could still get about 25 more weeks of weight loss for the same $500. So in all reality it is cheaper to not do the lites and pay for extra weeks if you need to. That being said, I do the lites, just because I like them and they do satisfy the sweet cravings.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:56 PM   #15  

marbear

lesson learned- I should have let you know they were the smaller bars (which by the way are the same size as the lites). you can probably get them at your local GNC or my grocery store carries them (Hy-Vee's in the midwest).