Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-23-2006, 06:45 AM   #1  
Chris, a chick on track!

S/C/G: sz 24/sz 20/sz 14

Default Coast to Coast.. the challenge

Good morning-

A group of us are going to log or steps/miles and walk, via the magic of computers, Coast to Coast. We will start out in a small town in Massachusetts, called Hopedale and walk our way to Seattle. Please join us? Together we can do it! Here are the details:

First, please sign up in the "Coast to Coast Challenge...Signup" thread (stickied in the top of the exercise section.)

Then every day or every few days just post the number of steps (or miles if you prefer) that you can contribute for that past day or days.

Please use this format:

Days that the steps or miles were logged:
Steps/miles for that time:
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge:

We are starting in my homwtown and walking to Dance4Joy's hometown via I-90. I will keep track and map our way across the US. Along the way I will research and provide information about where we've just walked and where we are walking. Also anyone that wants to share information or pictures about areas we are walking through, please do share. We'll honor you are we walk through.

I am starting this thread today so we can chat, but need just a few more days for the planning. So please feel free to chat, and we'll start logging with Saturday's steps/miles.

Let's Go!
HealthierMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:01 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Yay, we will be off soon! HealthierMe thanks for organizing this... I can't wait for Saturday to start logging in my miles!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:00 AM   #3  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

and we countdown to the start of our trek......
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:06 AM   #4  

Hi Jayde

I look forward to walking with you! I am glad you and others are signing up as this is going to be a LONG walk home for me LOL and we will need all the help we can get!
Old 03-23-2006, 09:10 AM   #5  
The Beauty of Balance

Joy, we might all have to stay at your place once we get there.. I'll have to get a plane ticket back... or someone could always carry me home.. hehe
Old 03-23-2006, 09:18 AM   #6  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

I can't wait to get this started! *bounces*
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #7  

I just signed up and I am really looking forward to learning about the different places along the way. Right now I am "stuck" on an island and need a change of scenery hehe!
Thanks to all who helped prepare this challenge.
No Spring Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:43 PM   #8  
Chris, a chick on track!

Yay, we are to 10 of us, double digits, woo hoo! the more the merrier.

Dance, no problem. Thanks for all your suggestions. I am excited for the weekend.

No Spring chick, we are glad to have you along for the ride, I mean walk

Hello Jayde, welcome to you too! I've always liked countdowns, why should they be reserved for New year's eve only.

Lydia, don't use up all your energy bouncing, we need to save some for this long walk.

Have a nice evening.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:52 PM   #9  
The Beauty of Balance

Hi there Spring Chick.. and welcome!

I did a little research on Hopedale today. I found out its only about 18 miles from Mansfield.. which is a place I lived when I was a kid.. I thought about "walking" from my old house to Hopedale and meeting all of you there by Saturday morning.. but I would need 8 more miles to add to my warm-up before Saturday. .. so... I don't think I'll do it.. hehe...

Hopedale's weather for Saturday is supposed to be cold and rainy. http://www.city-data.com/forecast/w-...achusetts.html

Better pack some raincoats!

I was also wondering where we are going to meet. The walking tour that goes past the Hopedale Village Cemetary, Draper Field and the Town Center sounds nice even if it will probably be raining.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:10 AM   #10  

Thanks for the welcomes on the sign-up thread! I am excited. I am originally from Boston, but think I will be driving to meet you all on Sat.

I walked 2 miles today, but I am not sure if it is exercise as I am required to stop every 5 feet to allow my walking buddy to pee on a bush - OH well...

See you saturday!
BaileySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:15 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileySG
I am originally from Boston, but think I will be driving to meet you all on Sat.
Ummmm you DO realize this is a cyberwalk, right?

Glad you are getting in the walking, even with the necessary pee stops LO

And Jayde, yes, tee that is the nice thing about a cyberwalk... you can sort of just "magically appear" at the starting place. I will be doing the same since I am the ENDING point and I certainly don't intend to walk 3066 miles tomorrow to "meet" you out there Saturday morning and walk back to Seattle LOL
Old 03-24-2006, 01:20 AM   #12  

lol - yes. I guess a well-placed smiley would have been useful there! Thanks for setting this up.
BaileySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:26 AM   #13  

LOL well I figured you did but never know!! (Unless you literally want to walk to Seattle LOL). Can't wait to see you on Saturday... and I agree with Jayde... we need a meeting place LOL. Your suggestion sounds good to me... HealthierMe, how does that sound to you; did you have another location planned? LOL makes no difference to me since I don't know the location at all anyway.

LOL they are saying not only cloudy with chance of rain... which will make ME happy as can be as I love rain... but chances of SNOW in Hopedale on Saturday. We had best bounce out of bed early and get out of town or we might get caught in a cyberblizzard LOL

So far we have 10 people signed up so that is an average of 306 miles apiece LOL; hopefully more will join soon! (I think they will and this is going to be a huge success.) How do all of you like my new "advertising" ticker LOL? I am planning to redecorate it at big cities and as we cross state lines. It will be fun after Saturday to start filling in the mileage!!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 03-24-2006 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:46 AM   #14  
Chris, a chick on track!

Good morning everyone-
We can use Jayde's suggestion as the starting point. I think it's so cool that people even know where Hopedale is, since even alot of people that live is other parts of Mass don't. I actually live about a few hundred feet from Draper field, LOL.

I got my daffoldils from the American Cancer Society, and that means spring is here. We can't possibly have snow. Didn't you know about that rule?

I love the ticker Dance, thanks for recruiting.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:06 AM   #15  

LOL HM you won't have much of a journey to get to the starting place! We had another new sign up this morning so that is 11. Hey HM just a thought but you might want to put a link on the sign up thread so people make their way over here for chat.

Thanks for the promise of no snow. I am in Seattle so a little RAIN won't phase me LOL